Custom Short Shifter Ordering Process. - Page 33
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 53 FirstFirst ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... LastLast
Like Tree33Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Custom Short Shifter Ordering Process. in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; You can tell by looking under the car where it attaches to the shift linkage. The three on the right ...
    PISNUOFF Guest

Re: Custom Short Shifter Ordering Process.

You can tell by looking under the car where it attaches to the shift linkage.

The three on the right are stock shifters and the one on the left has had a piece of pipe welded on the bottom.

Here are the same stock shifters above after my modification. As you can see, there is a stainless steel insert pressed between the nylon pivot ball and the rectangular base. You will be able to see this from under the car.

Silencertk is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-V V1

so........ can the "swap" can be done entirely from inside the car ? In other words, I dont need a lift or anything. Just regular set of tools, a little some mechanical skills and time. Is that correct? My car will be going on hibernation here in a couple of days. I'm going to go ahead and pay up and add myself to the list - since wait time will be irrelevant.

PISNUOFF Guest

You will have to unbolt and bolt from the underside of the car. Most people do it by putting the car on jack stands. You can always remove yours and send it to me for modification, that eliminates waiting in line and dealing with the core charge. Simply send $185 via PayPal and send me your shifter. I can email you directions for removing your shifter.

SevillianSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by PISNUOFF View Post
    Please try to include the small items attached to the rectangular end, these include two nylon bushings, two rubber seals and one metal sleeve.
    I may end up sending you my stock shifter and compare it to my UUC.

so do you reuse the rubber seals and nylon bushings or do you replace them with new parts ? My seals would need replaced for sure.

PISNUOFF Guest

Quote Originally Posted by SevillianSTS View Post
    I may end up sending you my stock shifter and compare it to my UUC.

so do you reuse the rubber seals and nylon bushings or do you replace them with new parts ? My seals would need replaced for sure.
    Yes, that's a really old quote. I do not need them and replace them. That was the reason for the price increase way back when. You can send me yours for modification and compare the difference between your UUC or sell it to me if you are happy with your UUC.

SevillianSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V

Whats the general consensus on shortening the stalk along with this mod ?

Will the top of the shifter sit lower than where the UUC is now ?

Does your video have the stalk shortened, or is that just the insert on the lower end ?

Thanks,

BTW... did you happen to see the video I posted on the other thread with my shifter movement with the engine off ?

PISNUOFF Guest

The stalk is shortened in that vid along with the lower end modifications. I like it lower than stock. The UUC leaves the knob at the stock height.

DaveSRX is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by PISNUOFF View Post
    You will have to unbolt and bolt from the underside of the car. Most people do it by putting the car on jack stands. You can always remove yours and send it to me for modification, that eliminates waiting in line and dealing with the core charge. Simply send $185 via PayPal and send me your shifter. I can email you directions for removing your shifter.
    Can you email me the instructions for removing my shifter as well so I can order yours? blkz06vette@yahoo.com

jakegee01 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I would like to buy one of your shifters. I can send you mine if I can get some removal instructions? Will I need to order bushings? Thanks

PISNUOFF Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jakegee01 View Post
    I would like to buy one of your shifters. I can send you mine if I can get some removal instructions? Will I need to order bushings? Thanks
    You will need to order polyurethane ones if you want them. I don't carry them anymore.

So how much will it be? About how long do you expect if I wait to send you my shifter?

PISNUOFF Guest

If you send me your shifter, I'll get it done right away and send it back. There is no waiting in line for a core if you send me your core to modify.

So how much do I need to send?

sssnake is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V
    Brian may have additional cores now. I sent mine in and it looks like one or two others have as well.

I did want to say that dealing with Brian was a very positive experience. He promptly answered questions and all transactions were timely and positive. Also, as most everyone else has noted this is a great mod. I didn't realize how much I didn't like the stock part until I did this mod.

PISNUOFF Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jakegee01 View Post
    So how much do I need to send?
    $185

Quote Originally Posted by sssnake View Post
    Brian may have additional cores now. I sent mine in and it looks like one or two others have as well.

I did want to say that dealing with Brian was a very positive experience. He promptly answered questions and all transactions were timely and positive. Also, as most everyone else has noted this is a great mod. I didn't realize how much I didn't like the stock part until I did this mod.
    All cores have been modified and are back out. I don't have any just sitting around, people are still on the waiting list.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.