Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Custom short shifter ordering process.

165K views 792 replies 196 participants last post by  07cadv 
G
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Here is how to order one of my custom modified stock shifters. The final cost is $110 + your stock shifter with a $75 core charge. I also offer the UUC bushings (that I purchase from Luke and keep in stock) for an additional $30. These make a huge difference and are highly recommended.

1. Paypal either $185 or $215 to ........................ Be sure to include the reason why you're sending me the money and your shipping address in the notes section of the transaction.

2. I'll ship you a modified shifter via USPS Priority Mail (2-3 day shipping). I include detailed directions, a drill bit to drill out the stock rivets, new stainless steel hardware to replace the rivets, a tube of white lithium grease and a tube of lok-tite.

3. Swap out your old shifter with the new one and return your stock one to me. Please try to include the small items attached to the rectangular end, these include two nylon bushings, two rubber seals and one metal sleeve.

4. Upon receipt of your stock shifter I will refund the core charge of $75 via the same Paypal transaction.

G
#59 ·
There haven't been any issues related to the linkage hitting with my modified shifter and CS mounts. The latest thread refers to the modified shifter that is welded with parts from the hardware store. His issue can be resolved by following my installation instructions and flipping the nylon pivot ball outer housing. This provides an additional 1/4" clearance between the driveshaft flex disc and the shift linkage.

The only issue with my shifter is when used in conjunction with the UUC transmission mount. This has been reported since the first attempt to install one with a UUC mount. I have designed a modification that allows my shifter to be used with the UUC mount, however, it is an additional $50.

#319 ·
There haven't been any issues related to the linkage hitting with my modified shifter and CS mounts. The latest thread refers to the modified shifter that is welded with parts from the hardware store. His issue can be resolved by following my installation instructions and flipping the nylon pivot ball outer housing. This provides an additional 1/4" clearance between the driveshaft flex disc and the shift linkage.

The only issue with my shifter is when used in conjunction with the UUC transmission mount. This has been reported since the first attempt to install one with a UUC mount. I have designed a modification that allows my shifter to be used with the UUC mount, however, it is an additional $50.
Any updates?
Any progress on shipping the shifters?

#60 ·
Shoot I still have my old shifter somewhere, I will try to find it and send it back, I forgot all about it...

G
#64 ·
Sorry I missed this post. There are currently 3 people on the waiting list. I would say it's a good time to send payment as I've never had less than 8 people on the list since I started modifying them.

#67 ·
Just put my order in!!!

#68 ·
Brian

Sounds Great. Love car, hate rowing through mush. Reverse is even getting to be a stretch. Ready to order but first I would like to know in your opinion, which is better. Your normal shifter height or cut down to one inch. What is the actual difference? Is it worth the possible cons if any? Any further mods needed for V2 shift knob?

Thanks

#70 ·
Just installed mine this morning. Took me about 2.5 hours but my hands are big and had a heck of a time working them around the exhaust. Also, I didn't have a helper so had to fool around a bit with the bolts that replace the rivets.

All in all this is a fantastic upgrade! The height of the knob is perfect. I would not want it any lower. Shifting is so much smoother now it is not even funny. I've found that if you preload the shifter with a little tension headed to the next gear then just tap the clutch it slides right in.

Will send my old one back this week.

G
#85 ·
Waiting List:

1. Darren
2. Mark
3. Nick
4. Wes
5. Benjamin
6. Tommy
7 Jiran
8. Daniel
9. Michael
10 Jeff

Core return list (one of these has been received, but I haven't been home to see the name on the box):

1. Jarrod
2. Justin
3. Mark
4. Johnny
5. Erik
6. Jeffrey
7. Omar
8. Will
9. Kevin
10. Steve (possible no return)

As a side note: I have only received 2 shifter cores back in the past 3 weeks. Maybe I should raise the core charge to $250. :canttalk:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.