Custom Short Shifter Ordering Process. - Page 24
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 53 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast
Like Tree33Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Custom Short Shifter Ordering Process. in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Any updates yet on status?...
    Sigfod is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

Re: Custom Short Shifter Ordering Process.

Any updates yet on status?

Quote Originally Posted by elwesso View Post
    IS there a thread that shows what is actually done to the shifters? Doesn't sound like its terribly complicated, and I'm not trying to under-sell Brian, but if he seems to be MIA and people want the product it might be good finding an alternative way to make the piece.
    I would love the product. I was supposed to have the product 3 months ago. Starting to get worried.

punisher28 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

Im starting to get worried too

Quote Originally Posted by punisher28 View Post
    Im starting to get worried too
    I heard from Brian today. He has been out of town for business and has not been able to work on shifters. He returned home last night and started working on shifters. I have been told that my shifter will ship this week.

Scott96LT1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 black raven CTS-V

Good to hear. Hopefully mine will go out too

Quote Originally Posted by Sigfod View Post
    I heard from Brian today. He has been out of town for business and has not been able to work on shifters. He returned home last night and started working on shifters. I have been told that my shifter will ship this week.
    Good to hear. Hopefully mine is shipped around the same time

CadzillaTN is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    If you guys flip those cores back quick it will help the next ones in line..

Quote Originally Posted by CadzillaTN View Post
    Mine shipped via USPS yesterday! I have already been planning an install weekend for quite some time. I will add this shifter to the growing list.

Scott96LT1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 black raven CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by CadzillaTN View Post
    Mine will get flipped very quickly. I have my V2 knob and CS bushings waiting to go in.

PISNUOFF Guest

Wow, I am terribly sorry for any inconvenience that I've caused anybody. I am not in the business of shafting anyone for $300. I have had multiple issues lately with work and personal life. I let the shifters get behind and I cannot appologize enough. Here is where I stand as of today.

Jonathan - shipped on 12/1, delivery confirmation number emailed.
    Daniel - Packaged and going to the post office this afternoon. I will email a delivery confirmation number.
    Scott - Packaged and going to the post office this afternoon. I will email a delivery confirmation number.
    Ramon - Packaged and going to the post office this afternoon. I will email a delivery confirmation number.

Dimitry - Have a core and working on it this week.
    David - Have a core and working on it this week.
    Stephen - Waiting on a core, expecting one this week.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by PISNUOFF View Post
    Wow, I am terribly sorry for any inconvenience that I've caused anybody. I am not in the business of shafting anyone for $300. I have had multiple issues lately with work and personal life. I let the shifters get behind and I cannot appologize enough. Here is where I stand as of today.

Daniel - Packaged and going to the post office this afternoon. I will email a delivery confirmation number.
    Scott - Packaged and going to the post office this afternoon. I will email a delivery confirmation number.
    Ramon - Packaged and going to the post office this afternoon. I will email a delivery confirmation number.

Brian
    I recieved my shifter on Saturday, impressed with the quick shipping. Very nice piece. I have the 17th of December scheduled to complete all the work on the Caddy, can't wait to get it installed. Other than the UUC bushings, are there any other mods recommended to remove play?

PISNUOFF Guest

I designed my replacement bushings in the base of the shifter to be tighter than the stock ones, this is where much of the play comes from. The other spots are the UUC bushings, pivot ball housing (not too likely, but if yours is really sloppy I have some spares laying around that I would send to you free of charge), the pivot at the end of the shift lever connected to the trans (I have no cure for this) and the pivot that attaches the shift rod to the lever (I have some brass bushings for this, but this requires removal of the trans to install).

Thanks for the update. It sounds like the brass bushings are a perfect match to a clutch job. I will order a set when it comes time to replace the clutch.

Brian
    Awesome, thanks for the update Brian, can't wait.

Ramon

CadzillaTN is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    the pivot at the end of the shift lever connected to the trans (I have no cure for this)
    I have done everything you can to tighten up the shifter. Everything... This is the last frontier. Next time I drive through Indiana I plan to stop by rpm and see if a new one has this same play in that piece. If my heater core hadn't gone out in the rustang I would have researched further and probably repaced it but I had to get the V running.. It seems some degree of teardown is necessary if it required replacing the entire rod, which scared me a bit even though it looks like you just take off the top plate to access.. Nonetheless, taking a trans apart is not diy stuff so I moved on.

My shifter is super tight and firm/rifle bolt like into every gear, which I love. Since the last round of improvements the biggest advantage has been getting into 5th which I can do with precision and speed without a second thought...

I also have a spare set of those bushings for the base of the shifter that come with Brian's shifter. If someone is all stock and would like to try them out, pm me and I'll toss them in the mail.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.