Custom Short Shifter Ordering Process. - Page 23
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 53 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast
Like Tree33Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Custom Short Shifter Ordering Process. in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Has anyone heard from Brian recently?...
    Sigfod is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

Re: Custom Short Shifter Ordering Process.

Has anyone heard from Brian recently?
    punisher28 and punisher28 like this.

rjoffe is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

He was in CT recently, and looking for a spare half-shaft

punisher28 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

so has there been any updates??? and what does the waiting list look like??

Scott96LT1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 black raven CTS-V

I would like to know too. Been waiting 4 months for a shifter

soflarick is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): none

If your car isn't a daily driver, sending in your stocker would probably get a quick turnaround. He may be hurting for cores. IMO, there isn't another vendor right now that can turn out a shifter with these features for such a price.

Alpinelx is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

I placed an order with Brian a few weeks ago and was informed there were currently 2 people ahead of me and that the wait should be about 4 weeks. Looking at the last few months of posts, it appears it may be longer. From what I have gathered on here, is the waiting list the following:

1st - Scott96LT1 (Ordered July 2001)
    2nd - Sigfod (Ordered Aug 2011)
    3rd - me (Ordered Late Oct. 2011)

Is this correct?

danrob0123 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 RAVEN CTS-V

I was number 1 or 2 from what I remember. I emailed him almost two weeks ago and never got a response. This is getting a bit ridiculous

Houdini is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V 6MT, 2007 CTS-V (Sold)

I waited 4 months for mine because I got unlucky and was behind a few people that took forever to send in cores. It was WELL worth the wait though! I'm sure Brian will take care of you guys.

I have to check when I sent the money but I believe I was 1 or 2 also from the last post Brian posted.

I was #1 or 2 but that seems right. I have no issue waiting at this point, just want to know what's going on.

CadzillaTN is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Quote Originally Posted by CadzillaTN View Post
    still haven't tried to ream them yet...I will but don't have a drill bit that fits 'almost perfectly' so instead of bouncing around in there with a smaller bit, I may go ahead and invest in one of those dremel tools and use one of the cone shaped grinder attachment...or, I may just lube it and force it in there. Only problem with that option is it may not come out. Not sure if I want to do that yet, but I definitely don't want any play. that piece that the brass bushings fit in does move straight up and down a bit, maybe 1/32- 1/16 inch.. but does not clockwise/counterclockwise at all, which creates the "last bit of play" that one feels when moving the knob back and forth even when they have a short shifter. I don't think I can do anything about that up and down that's left short of replacing that whole rod/piece-I tried to remove even after removing the snap ring and couldn't), so not going to worry about it right now.

I did get the linkage bars out, thanks...there was alot of back and forth play with those bars where they attached to the trans- so I got some PVC pieces that fit perfectly in the spaces where the rubber bushings were, pressed them in and pressed the metal bushing back in, then shaved a tiny amount off the sides so they would fit perfectly back into the trans mounts...result, absolutely no back and forth play. They still move up/down as necessary for drivetrain movement.

short of replacing that rod/piece that MIGHT be a factor, that about does it for shifter play improvement. There is nothing else you can do...
    Well, I got it all together and I was right. It's nice and tight, and more precise.. but that slack in the piece on rod that connects the middle lower linkage to the trans is in fact the last bit if play, and there's nothing you can do about it..That fact plus a little bit of geometry means you'll always have 1/2 inch side to side play at the knob... unless that piece is serviceable/replaceable....then you could theoretically get to zero play.

So, I'll be putting one layer of dynamat on that linkage arm to absorb what I expect might be a bit of buzz/vibration from the trans since I replaced the plastic bushings with metal.

Someday I'll get with a T56 trans rebuilder and see if the play in that piece is a characteristic of the piece or wear from years of use..

So has anyone heard anything from Brian?? I know I placed my order on August 30.

wcryan is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 07 CTS-V Maggied

It's wierd that he isnt answering. Usually he is really good at getting back to people. He has a quality product though, that's for sure

Quote Originally Posted by punisher28 View Post
    So has anyone heard anything from Brian?? I know I placed my order on August 30.
    He hasn't posted since last month sometime. None of us know what is going on. I'm not doubting that he has a quality product....but where is it 4 months later?

elwesso is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45

IS there a thread that shows what is actually done to the shifters? Doesn't sound like its terribly complicated, and I'm not trying to under-sell Brian, but if he seems to be MIA and people want the product it might be good finding an alternative way to make the piece.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.