Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Custom short shifter ordering process.

165K views 792 replies 196 participants last post by  07cadv 
G
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Here is how to order one of my custom modified stock shifters. The final cost is $110 + your stock shifter with a $75 core charge. I also offer the UUC bushings (that I purchase from Luke and keep in stock) for an additional $30. These make a huge difference and are highly recommended.

1. Paypal either $185 or $215 to ........................ Be sure to include the reason why you're sending me the money and your shipping address in the notes section of the transaction.

2. I'll ship you a modified shifter via USPS Priority Mail (2-3 day shipping). I include detailed directions, a drill bit to drill out the stock rivets, new stainless steel hardware to replace the rivets, a tube of white lithium grease and a tube of lok-tite.

3. Swap out your old shifter with the new one and return your stock one to me. Please try to include the small items attached to the rectangular end, these include two nylon bushings, two rubber seals and one metal sleeve.

4. Upon receipt of your stock shifter I will refund the core charge of $75 via the same Paypal transaction.

#681 ·
46 pages! Sorry if this has been asked 27 bajillion times before:

Is it possible to request a _custom_ shifter spec, such as one that's 10% taller (than Becker's) as measured from the fulcrum ball to the knob?

And I presume waiting time is shorter than gmpartsdirect? (I'm ordering a flywheel/clutch and pulley/damper). I'd like it all installed at the same time.

G
#682 ·
I can make it any height you'd like. Standard is about 1/2" shorter than stock but I can go as low as 1" shorter. If preserved now you'd be second on the list and I expect two cores back within a week.

#683 ·
Has anyone experienced substantial (transmission?) noise being transmitted through the shifter after installation? My shifts are beautifully crisp, however I'm getting an audible vibration through the lever both in-between gears as well as when side pressure is applied to the shifter when in gear. This noise only occurs when the vehicle is in motion, leading me to think transmission noise is the culprit. I wouldn't mind if the noise was only minor but it is enough to take all the enjoyment out of the new shift feel. I have yet to take everything apart and investigate.

G
#692 ·
That is not normal. You can add dynamat to the stalk, it will most likely help. Did you replace the stock outer linkage bar bushings? If you want another shifter I can send you one within a week. Email me if you do, br_1868 (at) hotmail (dot) com.

Brian

G
#699 ·
Chicago USPS is horrible. It's no wonder they are going bankrupt. I sent it from Ohio on Wednesday with a scheduled delivery of Friday, 9/13. They had another one floating around for two weeks before it was finally delivered.

#702 ·
I read that you don't stock the UUC bushings anymore. Do you still include the drill bit to drill out the stock rivets, new stainless steel hardware to replace the rivets, the tube of white lithium grease and a tube of lok-tite?

Also, I saw you posting with someone else who seemed to have a problem with either the CS or UUC bushing (I can't remember which he didn't like). Which do you recommend? Still UUC?

#705 ·
Quick testimonial: PISNUOFF SS installed with UUC bushings has made a night and day difference. Shifts are crisp and exact. I DO NOT have any trouble getting into any gear including 1st or reverse(where I was having trouble before the install).

Word of advice for anyone doing the install, have a good drill bit. A worn bit will result in hours of headache. Ask me how I know.

Regardless of install headaches, I am extremely satisfied. Great product, Brian!

Question for anyone that has successfully re-installed their stock shift knob: how do you do it? I have put all kinds of pressure on it and angled it similarly to the way it came off. I'm just not having any luck. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks in advance!

#706 ·
I've had my shifter on for about a month now, and I'm also very happy with my PISNUOFF short shifter. Putting the stock knob on was easy, just lined it up with the shift pattern correctly aligned, and firmly slapped the top of the knob with my palm. It made a solid smack, and is nice and tight.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.