Custom Short Shifter Ordering Process. - Page 21
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 53 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast
Like Tree33Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Custom Short Shifter Ordering Process. in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Please spare me the thread marathon and provide an updated price, and possibly what it comes with? Thanks...
    Sullyfx is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05' CTS-V Platinum

Re: Custom Short Shifter Ordering Process.

Please spare me the thread marathon and provide an updated price, and possibly what it comes with? Thanks

PISNUOFF Guest

All of this is on the first post of this thread.

Here are the basics. The shifter is $185 with a core charge of $115. The shifter comes with new/redesigned bushing assembly in the base. The throw is reduced by approximately 35%, the knob height is lowered by 1/2" and the side to side slop is dramatically reduced.

The ordering process starts by sending $300 via paypal to br_1868(@)hotmail(dot)com which puts you on the waiting list. As cores return, I modify and ship them within two days. You then swap out your shifter for the modified one and send back your stock one. Once I receive it, I will refund your $115 core deposit.

The current wait time is about 3-6 weeks. There is also the option of sending me your shifter to be modified. This will bypass the wait list and the core charge. I will have it modified and on it's way back to you within two days and I usually ship via USPS 2-3 day Priority mail.

I do not carry the UUC polyurethane bushings anymore, so you'll have to purchase them directly from Luke at Lindsay Cadillac if you want a set.

Brian

Sullyfx is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05' CTS-V Platinum

OK thanks! I did see that on the first page but wasn't sure it was still accurate. Thank You, its on my " To Save For List"

texasseville is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

Im pretty sure of the answer but I though Id ask anyway....do you have any cores ready to be shipped out? If not how many people would be ahead of me on your waiting list. I know you said the turn around time is 3-6 weeks but some people are more slow to ship back their core shifters. Also when you send out your short shifter do you replace the bottom bushing in the core shifters to stop the side to side slop?

PISNUOFF Guest

3-6 weeks is the current wait time based on the number of cores I have out and when I shipped them out. I replace the bushings in the base of the shifters. There is more information in the post that is two before yours, #302.

Sigfod is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Any Updates?

PISNUOFF Guest

I will update the list this afternoon.

Scott96LT1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 black raven CTS-V

Please do. Weather's pretty good to do the install right now.

PISNUOFF Guest

I will be able to ship the next four shifters by next Monday. That will leave only Ramone and Dimitry on the waiting list.

Quote Originally Posted by PISNUOFF View Post
    I will be able to ship the next four shifters by next Monday. That will leave only Ramone and Dimitry on the waiting list.
    Who are the four shipping Monday?

PISNUOFF Guest

Daniel, Scott, Jonathan and Garrett.

I apologize to those who I told their's would ship a while ago. I have been waiting on my die shop. I have the parts now and will be shipping them soon.

CadzillaTN is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

You have to drill the stock ones out. Also, you have to press the new ones in. This can be done with a block of wood and a hammer. Once installed, you will have to ream out the bushings to match the linkage stud. Make it so that it will just barely insert into the bushings. Let me know if you ream it too much.
    got them in... wasn't too bad drilling the plastic one out. Once you get most of it, then the outer edges, it slides out. I used a wood chisel in the groove and pushed the old one out..

I haven't tried to ream the inside of the bushings yet...how do you recommend?. I'm afraid I would take too much material away and end up back at square one...so I might try to remove that snap ring and take the swivel piece off, put it in a vise, lube the stud, and hammer it in there...I don't want any play. I'm not worried about it coming out, it doesn't really need to in order to take out or put the trans in. That is, if it'll even come off. Haven't tried yet. I noticed that there's some play in this swivel piece too...may not be able to do anything about that...

how do you get this part of the linkage off? I think I remember NormV replacing these circled in red with some home depot bushings or something...there's significant play here as well. Not sure how much it affects the shifting but it all adds up.

edit, may not matter, since the other end is the plate that bolts firmly to the floor. Then again why add the uuc bushings.. So it might help, but may be too much trouble in the end..

PISNUOFF Guest

I ream it with the side I'd a drill bit. There are clips on the linkage bars. Pry up on the end to swivel it and the stud will slide out.

What is the status?

CadzillaTN is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

I ream it with the side I'd a drill bit. There are clips on the linkage bars. Pry up on the end to swivel it and the stud will slide out.
    still haven't tried to ream them yet...I will but don't have a drill bit that fits 'almost perfectly' so instead of bouncing around in there with a smaller bit, I may go ahead and invest in one of those dremel tools and use one of the cone shaped grinder attachment...or, I may just lube it and force it in there. Only problem with that option is it may not come out. Not sure if I want to do that yet, but I definitely don't want any play. that piece that the brass bushings fit in does move straight up and down a bit, maybe 1/32- 1/16 inch.. but does not clockwise/counterclockwise at all, which creates the "last bit of play" that one feels when moving the knob back and forth even when they have a short shifter. I don't think I can do anything about that up and down that's left short of replacing that whole rod/piece-I tried to remove even after removing the snap ring and couldn't), so not going to worry about it right now.

I did get the linkage bars out, thanks...there was alot of back and forth play with those bars where they attached to the trans- so I got some PVC pieces that fit perfectly in the spaces where the rubber bushings were, pressed them in and pressed the metal bushing back in, then shaved a tiny amount off the sides so they would fit perfectly back into the trans mounts...result, absolutely no back and forth play. They still move up/down as necessary for drivetrain movement.

short of replacing that rod/piece that MIGHT be a factor, that about does it for shifter play improvement. There is nothing else you can do...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.