Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Custom short shifter ordering process.

165K views 792 replies 196 participants last post by  07cadv 
G
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Here is how to order one of my custom modified stock shifters. The final cost is $110 + your stock shifter with a $75 core charge. I also offer the UUC bushings (that I purchase from Luke and keep in stock) for an additional $30. These make a huge difference and are highly recommended.

1. Paypal either $185 or $215 to ........................ Be sure to include the reason why you're sending me the money and your shipping address in the notes section of the transaction.

2. I'll ship you a modified shifter via USPS Priority Mail (2-3 day shipping). I include detailed directions, a drill bit to drill out the stock rivets, new stainless steel hardware to replace the rivets, a tube of white lithium grease and a tube of lok-tite.

3. Swap out your old shifter with the new one and return your stock one to me. Please try to include the small items attached to the rectangular end, these include two nylon bushings, two rubber seals and one metal sleeve.

4. Upon receipt of your stock shifter I will refund the core charge of $75 via the same Paypal transaction.

G
#633 ·
I sent Channing's this week. I had the next three, Keith Jon and Sam, almost done and the parts I received from my die shop were .002" too large in ID and couldn't be used (unless you like your shifter coming apart while you are driving). I am waiting for them to make some more and they should be done by the end of next week. Sorry for the delay.

#637 ·
Hey Brian,

Well I just had my bday so I'm going to reward myself with your handiwork... couple questions. I saw the guy above sent you $330 rather than $300... do you offer the shifter bushing for an additional $30 still or? I'm not removing the tranny but if you or Luke do have a bushing easily replaced during this install let me know if you can.

I'll paypal you the money (personal payment owed /no fees) and get on the list once I figure that out. Thank you!!!

#642 ·
Now that's an old name resurrected!

G
#643 ·
Update.

Waiting on cores from:

1. William
2. Michael
3. Tim
4. Eric
5. Jocelyn
6. Adam
7. Clayton
8. Channing
9. Keith (shipping today)
10. Jonathan (shipping today)

Wait list:

1. Sam
2. Nick
3. Seth
4. Steven
5. Rick
6. Matthew

#645 ·
You should start charging late fees on cores lol... Question, when I get the car ripped apart for head machining and cam and stuff it will be down until the heads come back. If a core is sent first, will I still get sent to the bottom of the list? Or will it get modified and sent back? I'm being lazy, didn't want to read through 60 pages to find an answer.

#650 ·
I received mine early last week and got it installed over the weekend. What a night and day difference from the original shifter. With the combination of shifter geometry and UUC bushings, it's amazing how much more confident the shifts are. During the installation process, the only thing I would suggest to Brian is maybe the screw/nut sizes could be included in the installation documentation so that when you're out there and under the car you have the tools you need and there isn't any guesswork. I needed a #10 socket for the top nuts, a 7/16" opened end wrench and a #5 allen key for the bolt that holds the shifter in and possibly other tools. I also used a fairly large screwdriver as a lever to get the UUC bushings back in once I gave them a quick coat of grease. I hope to get my core in the mail in the next couple of days.

Keith

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.