Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Custom short shifter ordering process.

165K views 792 replies 196 participants last post by  07cadv 
G
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Here is how to order one of my custom modified stock shifters. The final cost is $110 + your stock shifter with a $75 core charge. I also offer the UUC bushings (that I purchase from Luke and keep in stock) for an additional $30. These make a huge difference and are highly recommended.

1. Paypal either $185 or $215 to ........................ Be sure to include the reason why you're sending me the money and your shipping address in the notes section of the transaction.

2. I'll ship you a modified shifter via USPS Priority Mail (2-3 day shipping). I include detailed directions, a drill bit to drill out the stock rivets, new stainless steel hardware to replace the rivets, a tube of white lithium grease and a tube of lok-tite.

3. Swap out your old shifter with the new one and return your stock one to me. Please try to include the small items attached to the rectangular end, these include two nylon bushings, two rubber seals and one metal sleeve.

4. Upon receipt of your stock shifter I will refund the core charge of $75 via the same Paypal transaction.

#602 ·
Is the install on this reasonable for a first timer? I'm fairly mechanically minded but I've never done anything like this on my own...
Also read that that bushings on the trans side need to be replaced to completely eliminate the side to side and they can only be accessed with the transmission down, any thoughts on that?

thanks!

G
#603 ·
It is about a difficulty of 3 out of 10. Most people are satisfied with replacing only the bushings on the shifter side along with the shifter itself. Then if the trans is pulled for another reason you would replace the other end.

G
#607 ·
Just the actual shifter itself. I don't need the bushings in the base of it. Thanks a lot. Email me and I'll get to my address. br_1868 (at) hotmail (dot) com

Here is a picture of some that have been returned.

G
#610 ·
Sorry Sam, that was an old picture.

robctsv - you will bypass the entire wait list if you send your shifter to be modified. I replace all the bushings and pivot tube inside the base of the shifter. The knob height will be lowered by 1/2" and the throws will be reduced by about 35%.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.