Custom Short Shifter Ordering Process. - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 53 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 52 ... LastLast
Like Tree33Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Custom Short Shifter Ordering Process. in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; im trying to send a paypal but its acting up for some reason. ill try again tomorrow....
    liqidvenom is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): cts-v

Re: Custom Short Shifter Ordering Process.

im trying to send a paypal but its acting up for some reason. ill try again tomorrow.

liqidvenom is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): cts-v

quick question, how much of a drop in stalk height can be seen with this shifter.

PISNUOFF Guest

I can drop the height any distance up to 1" without having to machine the top of the stalk (i.e. The stock attachment mechanism for the knob is left untouched). I have been setting them at the stock height, but if you would like it lower just specify in the notes section of the Paypal transaction. I just made one for ichpen that is almost a full 1" lower.

jweymar is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 05 Eforce LS3 V

I sent paypal, did you get it?

Jarrod W?

PISNUOFF Guest

Got it. Waiting for some UUC bushings from Luke and for my die shop to make some inserts. Your shifter should be in the mail early next week.

RSMV is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Just finished the install of the shifter from PISNUOFF and topped it off with a V2 knob from Luke at Lindsey total install was 2hrs on a scale of 1-10 I would give it a 3 on install difficulty. If you have a basic tool kit and a little know how its EASY. Well I took it for a 20min test drive and the shifter now matches the car. Firm shifts SUPER short throw and I had PISNUOFF lower it 1" from stock ride height. If anyone is on the fence this is $$$ VERY well spent. Check the pics I added. One is the kit you will receive and I included a pic of the stock shifter so you can compare. One last thing to do is box up the old one Sunday so I can get my core charge back. [IMG]

rx7636 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none

Can you shoot me a email at joekeating1@hotmail.com I wanted to talk to you about your shifter but I am not allowed to send PM's yet. Thanks

The Tony Show is offline See you in the funny papers
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(

Bump for a new vendor!

Nice looking piece.
    Rest in Peace, J.D. (aka Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

PISNUOFF Guest

Quote Originally Posted by rx7636 View Post
    Can you shoot me a email at joekeating1@hotmail.com I wanted to talk to you about your shifter but I am not allowed to send PM's yet. Thanks
    Email sent.

stixx is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

Hi guys - can someone detail if this mod is any different from buying a Katech, B&M, etc?

ctsv154 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V with a little hp persuasion device

Its basically the same thing but much cheaper. It is doing the same thing as all the others. You just aren't paying for all the stainless it takes to make a new one and a fancy name.

PISNUOFF Guest

The differences are in throw distance, noise transmission, cost and customized knob height. Here is a link to a shifter comparison done by dmilamj:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...read-time.html

Forum members have measured their B&M throw distance as 3.5" from 3rd to 4th gear. My modified stock shifter, with the stock knob height, is 3.25". The knob can be lowered by up to 1" resulting in approx. a 3.0" throw distance. RSMV above had his lowered by 1".

Many forum members have experienced noise/whining/vibration transmitted through the aftermarket shifters. This is due to the mechanical connection between the upper portion of the stalk to the lower portion of the stalk. My modified stock shifter uses the same type of rubber isolation connection as stock and therefore does not transmit any more noise than the stock shifter.

When all is said and done, my shifter will only cost you $110.

rjoffe is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

And what has taken you so long to get here? All of us that have previously bought other brands are upset

PISNUOFF Guest

Been here since I bought my V in 2007. I had another brand and was unhappy also, that's what prompted me to follow another forum members lead and make these.

I was actually going to do an axle for wheelhop back in '08, but I could only find one place that was willing to make one and they wanted $700 so I gave up on it. Lucky for us, other people got it done at a reasonable price.

PISNUOFF Guest

I have recently found out that the UUC transmission mount is approx. 3/8" taller than the stock transmission mount. This will cause, among other things, the linkage to contact the driveshaft coupler when my shifter is used. There is a way to make my shifter work with it but will require a spacer (which I will supply) and two 1"x1" pieces to be cut from the upper plastic hold down plate.

There should be no issues with the CS transmission mounts as they are the same height at stock.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and if anyone has purchased one of my shifters, has the UUC trans mount and is not willing to modify their hold down plate contact me for a full refund.

Thanks,
    Brian
    Attached Images

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.