Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Custom short shifter ordering process.

165K views 792 replies 196 participants last post by  07cadv 
G
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Here is how to order one of my custom modified stock shifters. The final cost is $110 + your stock shifter with a $75 core charge. I also offer the UUC bushings (that I purchase from Luke and keep in stock) for an additional $30. These make a huge difference and are highly recommended.

1. Paypal either $185 or $215 to ........................ Be sure to include the reason why you're sending me the money and your shipping address in the notes section of the transaction.

2. I'll ship you a modified shifter via USPS Priority Mail (2-3 day shipping). I include detailed directions, a drill bit to drill out the stock rivets, new stainless steel hardware to replace the rivets, a tube of white lithium grease and a tube of lok-tite.

3. Swap out your old shifter with the new one and return your stock one to me. Please try to include the small items attached to the rectangular end, these include two nylon bushings, two rubber seals and one metal sleeve.

4. Upon receipt of your stock shifter I will refund the core charge of $75 via the same Paypal transaction.

#446 ·
Here is how to order one of my custom modified stock shifters. The final cost is $110 + your stock shifter with a $75 core charge. I also offer the UUC bushings (that I purchase from Luke and keep in stock) for an additional $30. These make a huge difference and are highly recommended.

1. Paypal either $185 or $215 to br_1868@hotmail.com. Be sure to include the reason why you're sending me the money and your shipping address in the notes section of the transaction.

2. I'll ship you a modified shifter via USPS Priority Mail (2-3 day shipping). I include detailed directions, a drill bit to drill out the stock rivets, new stainless steel hardware to replace the rivets, a tube of white lithium grease and a tube of lok-tite.

3. Swap out your old shifter with the new one and return your stock one to me. Please try to include the small items attached to the rectangular end, these include two nylon bushings, two rubber seals and one metal sleeve.

4. Upon receipt of your stock shifter I will refund the core charge of $75 via the same Paypal transaction.

As of 8/22/2010 there will be a price increase. The new cost will be $185 for a custom short shifter and the core charge will increase to $115.

The new amounts to send will be:

$300 (without UUC bushings)
$330 (with UUC bushings).
Just bought my V and didn't see this message until today(great luck!), any chance I can get in on the old pricing.? ;)

G
#447 ·
The pricing is in red, and I no longer carry the UUC polyurethane bushings. The price increase was in August of 2010 because I started replacing the stock nylon bushings with tighter fitting Delrin ones. Please send $300 to be put on the waiting list.

#452 ·
I'm most of the way thru removal of the old shifter but am struggling to get the nut off that connects the shifter to the linkage (the one attacked from underneath). It does have some rust. Maybe my hands are too big, maybe I'm just not using the best tool? I'm afraid to break/strip it, just went thru that nightmare with a motorcycle....ended up with a trip to the welder.

Anyone else have trouble there? Some tool I'm not thinking of? Got a socket on it now, allen wrench on the other end (killing my hand). Couldn't find my 13mm box wrench.

Walked away from it for now, sprayed some liquid wrench on it to soak overnight.

Sorry to hear about your loss Brian.

#461 ·
Well unfortunately I totaled my black on black 2004 with the alternate wheels and only 25k miles on the clock a few months ago. But, I finally found another one that I purchased last weekend. A bone stock (other than galaxy 1000 Bluetooth and creative steel front license plate bracket) silver on black 2007 with 42k miles and factory warrant still remaining. I have my CORSA exhaust and CAI still Fromm other car (still debating whether or not to bother with the CAI) and I just installed the suede shift knob from the V2's now I am really wanting to install a short shifter. I see that you no longer carry the UUC Bushings. If they really are a huge improvement I would like to install them while I am in there. Any opinions on if they are worth it? And also where can I get them now?

#462 ·
I see that you no longer carry the UUC Bushings. If they really are a huge improvement I would like to install them while I am in there. Any opinions on if they are worth it? And also where can I get them now?
from what i hear they are worht it - Luke @ lindsay cadillac is where to pick them up from.

PISSNUOFF - hope all is going well with the family matters. Wondering if when you get a chance if you could post up an order list - at your convenience of course :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.