Custom Short Shifter Ordering Process. - Page 14
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 53 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast
Like Tree33Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Custom Short Shifter Ordering Process. in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Putting new Clutch, Flywheel, OEM/ Master & slave cylinder with throwout bearing. Definitely need a shifter and bushings. PM me ...
    Mr.Tickles is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 66 Hearse, 78 Hearse

Re: Custom Short Shifter Ordering Process.

Putting new Clutch, Flywheel, OEM/ Master & slave cylinder with throwout bearing. Definitely need a shifter and bushings. PM me info so I can 2nd day you my shifter and pay you for shifter and bushings. Do you recommend a new mount? A specific flywheel?

dburt is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS V

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Tickles View Post
    Putting new Clutch, Flywheel, OEM/ Master & slave cylinder with throwout bearing. Definitely need a shifter and bushings. PM me info so I can 2nd day you my shifter and pay you for shifter and bushings. Do you recommend a new mount? A specific flywheel?
    If your going to install a new clutch and slave cylinder, I would deffinitely go with the newer ZO6 clutch and flywheel. That is what I am currently doing. It also requires a new slave cylinder. The clutch wil be an upgrade and save a good 25-30lbs of weight.

dburt is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS V

Pisnuoff-Please contact me
    I am a new member so I can't IM you. I am hoping that this email finds you. I saw a post that if I send out my shifter to you, you can do a quick turn around and ship it back the next day. I would like to do the shifter upgrade and I will have my shifter out and ready to send, but I need to hear back from you first. I would like to do the UUC bushing upgrade and I also saw that you can shorten the shaft on the shifter as well for a even shorter throw, so I would like mine shortened 1 inch. I don't know if you can IM me or not but I need to know how I can make this happen since I can't communicate through IM. where would I send the shifter? I know that you said that you can pay pal this email address. I did send you an email at your hotmail that you listed to send payment to. If you could reply, I would appreciate it as I need to get my shifter out in the next day or two if I am going to do this and ship it to you. (my trans is coming out and a clutch install, I also have a borrowed car so now is the time). It will be a great match with my new CS engine and tranny mounts along with my ZO6 cluch and flywheel!
    Thank you,

Andringa is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V Blk/Blk

Hey Brian, can we get an update on the waiting? I'm just wondering if there is anyway that I'd have mine by this weekend.

Thanks!

PISNUOFF Guest

Here is the updated list:

1. Michael
    2. Stephen
    3. Steven

There is currently one in the mail to someone and everyone else has received their's.

CI-V-IL is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 Raven Black CTS-V

I will have mine on this weekend and will be shipping my core back shortly. Thanks again Brian

DDS rollin a CTS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V, 2001 Honda Shadow Sabre

Think I'm gonna go ahead and take the plunge and place an order for one of these! First significant mod for this car!!

vmoving is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

I am seriously not a DIY guy. I am wondering what the skill level is on this exchange? How hard is it to exchange on a scale from 1-10 if replacing a clutch is a 10.

I received mine in the mail yesterday; If everything goes as planned I will have my stock shifter back in the mail on Monday.

vmoving; People have said that it takes about 2 hours and Brian mails out step by step directions with the shifter. I'll have a better idea of skill level after this weekend.

vmoving is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by Andringa View Post
    I received mine in the mail yesterday; If everything goes as planned I will have my stock shifter back in the mail on Monday.

vmoving; People have said that it takes about 2 hours and Brian mails out step by step directions with the shifter. I'll have a better idea of skill level after this weekend.
    Thanks! I will be awaiting your thoughts.

Brian, my OEM shifter is back in the mail, you should see it in a couple days.

A couple notes on the install.
    Brian's instructions are great and they make it obvious what needs to be done, but it is still kind of a frustrating install.
    I was right at 4 hours from start to garage cleaned up and ready to go inside.
    Getting to the bottom of the shifter with the Drive shaft and exhaust (OEM) in place wasn't a problem.
    Grab a friend to help bolt the new shifter in and curse when you try putting the UUC bushings in.

apsitter is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

I sent Brian my stock shifter a couple months ago while the car was in storage. He turned it around real quick and I got the new shifter installed. Finally took the car out this weekend since the weather is finally getting nice here in Minnesota. The shifter feels great!! It took all of the slop out of the shifter and is WAY shorter on the throw. This is almost definitely the best mod I've done so far. Thanks for a great product Brian!!

DDS rollin a CTS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V, 2001 Honda Shadow Sabre

Not sure where I stand in line but hopefully the fact that Andringa's shifter is on its way back that means I'm getting closer to getting mine. Cant wait to try this thing out!

PISNUOFF Guest

Quote Originally Posted by DDS rollin a CTS View Post
    Not sure where I stand in line but hopefully the fact that Andringa's shifter is on its way back that means I'm getting closer to getting mine. Cant wait to try this thing out!
    Right now, you are the only one on the waiting list. I am waiting for some inserts to be made by my die shop though. I'm hoping to have them within a week or so.

2007V is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V, maggie

Hi, if I want one with a stock throw but the damn slop out of it, can you do that?

Thanks, Julian

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.