Review: PISNUOFF's Custom Short Shifter - Page 7
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Review: PISNUOFF's Custom Short Shifter in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; OK, install is done. I love this shifter. This is how the engineers should have designed it in the first ...
    Gucci05V is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Re: Review: PISNUOFF's Custom Short Shifter

OK, install is done. I love this shifter. This is how the engineers should have designed it in the first place. Shifts are firm and smooth. I no longer feel like I making a suggestion to the transmission. It requires more effort, but not so much that its uncomfortable. The throw is considerably shorter, about 3.5" on average, which makes the V even more fun to drive. Lateral movement is 1/2 to 3/4 in, much less than with the stock set-up. And it is easy enough to do yourself in an evening or on a weekend. Plus the price is much better than other options. Do this mod. Now CAGS! must go!

I have a write-up with pics that I put together, but it is in Word format. Not sure how to post as a pdf. If anyone wants to see it or wants to post it I can e-mail it.

My stock shifter will be in the mail Monday (tomorrow).

wcryan is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 07 CTS-V Maggied

installed it. Just wondering if its supposed to be a little harder to shift than before and if the kinda firm click shifting is supposed to occur. I love how it feels but I just wana make sure I did it right and this is supposed to happen. Great length in the throw and easy instructions. 9.5/10. Thanks Brian

PISNUOFF Guest

Yes, that's how it is Ryan. It'll break in a little bit.

cool..... Sending ur shifter back in 2 days. Also, when I put the new bushings in and put the bracket over it one side fit perfecly fine, then the other bushing kinda separated when the bracket was put over it(seperated as in opened up a little under the bracket). Im almost 100% sure it will stay but im just wondering if that is a common occurance.

PISNUOFF Guest

It took me some time to get the UUC bushings to fit perfectly into position. I initially had someone else install them 2 years ago and when I took them out to start modifying my own shifters, I found that one was WAY off. That makes me believe that it won't come out and probably wont make too much of a difference after the assembly is tightened down and the bushings are squeezed.

Sent my shifter back. Just wondering if u received it because I didn't wana pay for the extra tracking stuff

PISNUOFF Guest

I haven't been home yet from my trip to Florida, but my roommate says I have a package waiting. It's most likely there.

RBarrett is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V Thunder Gray/Gray

The system will not let me send a PM. Please let me know how I can get one of these, cost, delivery time and if I can pay via paypal. Thank you. Rick Barrett

Houdini is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V 6MT, 2007 CTS-V (Sold)

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...g-process.html

DO IT! You won't be sorry! I love mine.

PISNUOFF Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RBarrett View Post
    The system will not let me send a PM. Please let me know how I can get one of these, cost, delivery time and if I can pay via paypal. Thank you. Rick Barrett
    The ordering instructions are in the first post of this thread. The current wait time is about 3-4 weeks.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...g-process.html

Thanks,
    Brian

Noisycow is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Platinum CTS-V

OK I made it to step 10 and can't get the metal piece down over the new bushings. Fought them for an hour at every angle with grease. Pulled the metal plate out and was able to fit the bushings into them so I know they fit. Getting them to slide in when the metal plate is in position is another matter.

Any tips? I tried prying from the top and back with a large screwdriver and forcing it, but that just collapses the bushings.

Maybe tomorrow with the help of a friend he can help keep them straight and guide them in from the bottom.

Noisycow is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Platinum CTS-V

[QUOTE=Natedog;2216009].." you definitely have to bevel the leading edge so you can get the bar that connects the two bushings together over top of them..."

This has me stopped at step 10 ... What did you do - take a razor and cut an angle around the leading edge that the metal piece slides down on?

UPDATE:
    Trimmed the edges of the bushings with a razor and forced the metal piece over them with a large screwdriver prybar; the bushings are 'off' a little by about 1/8" 'flapped over' but that is as good as it is ever going to get.

Started getting at the nut and allen head from below - CRAZY!! - how can I get at the Allen round head successfullly without pulling the exhaust?

So far, this installation is crazy difficult - I don't claim to be a master mechanic, just an average joe. Note to average Joe's with average tools, and an average garage/workspace: Plan on having a pro do this with a lift and odd-angled tools.

NEXT UPDATE - I'm Stubborn -

Jacked up car, can get a small 5mm allen in on the driver's side and a 13mm wrench on the passenger side but no way can I manipulate both without the car being on a lift (don't have Pee Wee Herman's shoulders and arms). We'll see how I do with a helper under there.

randomprecision46 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Black 06 CTS-V

Does the stock shift knob still fit?

repenttokyo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

i have average tools and am average mechanical ability and I had no trouble at all installing this shifter, with the exhaust in place. It's patience-heavy work, but it's very possible.

mcline86 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 Black CTS-V

Installed mine last week. LOVE the shifter/bushings. night and day difference.

The step where u install the new bushings had me a little stuck also, but i think its because i applied too much lithium grease. I just took them back off whiped them down with a rag so not as much grease was on there and they were still a little tricky but went on. The only other part that gave me trouble was i broke both the tabs on my shifter trim so i had to gorila glue them back on. Other than that - decent instructions for a person that has little mechanic experience on cars and GREAT product. Must have for this car.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.