Review: PISNUOFF's Custom Short Shifter - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Review: PISNUOFF's Custom Short Shifter in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; You never put your forum name on the Paypal transaction so I had no idea it was you. You are ...
    PISNUOFF Guest

Re: Review: PISNUOFF's Custom Short Shifter

You never put your forum name on the Paypal transaction so I had no idea it was you. You are currently 2nd on the list.

bdawg is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 05 Cadillac CTSV

Just got mine put in last week its sweet! Ill be sending my stock one back on monday.

ELES6CTS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by bdawg View Post
    Just got mine put in last week its sweet! Ill be sending my stock one back on monday.
    Good to hear Can't wait to get mine.

Natedog is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac CTS-V Series

Quote Originally Posted by bdawg View Post
    Send it back sooner so we can get ours !!

bdawg is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 05 Cadillac CTSV

Quote Originally Posted by Natedog View Post
    Send it back sooner so we can get ours !!
    I hear you I'll try and get it in the mail today then.

Gucci05V is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Just checking to confirm you received $215 for a shifter and bushing from me (Chris Armour), sent 17 Mar. I didn't put my forum name in the PayPal order.

I wanna be sure I'm on the list!

Thanks.

PISNUOFF Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Gucci05V View Post
    Just checking to confirm you received $215 for a shifter and bushing from me (Chris Armour), sent 17 Mar. I didn't put my forum name in the PayPal order.

I wanna be sure I'm on the list!

Thanks.
    Chris, you are #5 as of right now.

PISNUOFF Guest

Here is a quick update on shifters.

The list of names of people still waiting to receive shifters, in order.

1. Nathan
    2. Brent
    3. Johnny
    4. Darcy
    5. Chris
    6. Shawn
    7. David
    8. Ryan
    9. Shane
    10. Joe

I am waiting for shifters to be returned from 7 people. If you are unsure if you are on this list, PM me. I also have two shifters in my shop that were returned damaged, one beyond repair and one that I'm waiting for a part to be made to fix it.

Brian

garrettg is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 CTS-V

I received the nylon bushings today from PISNUOFF's shifter package and these have noticeably reduced the amount of side to side slop that was present. These are much improved from the stock white bushings that hold the lower shift lever to linkage connection bolt. Thumbs up!

Quote Originally Posted by PISNUOFF
    Here is a quick update on shifters.

The list of names of people still waiting to receive shifters, in order.

1. Nathan
    2. Brent
    3. Johnny
    4. Darcy
    5. Chris
    6. Shawn
    7. David
    8. Ryan
    9. Shane
    10. Joe

I am waiting for shifters to be returned from 7 people. If you are unsure if you are on this list, PM me. I also have two shifters in my shop that were returned damaged, one beyond repair and one that I'm waiting for a part to be made to fix it.

Brian
    Thanks for the update Brian.

Quote Originally Posted by garrettg View Post
    I received the nylon bushings today from PISNUOFF's shifter package and these have noticeably reduced the amount of side to side slop that was present. These are much improved from the stock white bushings that hold the lower shift lever to linkage connection bolt. Thumbs up!
    Good to hear! I ordered the UUC bushing with my shifter. I figured I might as well do it all at once.

PrelateBishop is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

This is a must of a mod as I find the distance of the stock throws to be loooooooooooong. I'll be ordering one of these within the next month, so you guys holding-out on sending back your stockers, get 'er done!

Natedog is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac CTS-V Series

Got the install done last night by myself... took about 5 hrs with jack stands, appropriate tools and beer. Once you get the stocker out, i highly suggest getting a hand from someone as tightening the supplied bolts/nuts is fairly difficult when you putting the new one back in. Drilling the rivets was easy and getting the bushings on is simple but you definitely have to bevel the leading edge so you can get the bar that connects the two bushings together over top of them... it'll make sense once you have it apart. Also, i had to drop the exhaust to make enough room to get my hands around the stock resonator and up to the linkage bolt... i only had to remove all the hangers and lower it about a foot but there was no chance without doing this and i'm a skinny guy... i made the linkage bolt very tight and at first thought it was too tight, but after driving for 20 min or so i like the more masculine feel of the shifts.... as for shifting distance, it is reallllly short! i've thrown the UUC and Katech before and i don't remember either of them being this short but it is a very well made item and is top quality in my book. I would definitely recommend this to anyone looking for a short shifter before the brand name units

Got the install done last night by myself... took about 5 hrs with jack stands, appropriate tools and beer. Once you get the stocker out, i highly suggest getting a hand from someone as tightening the supplied bolts/nuts is fairly difficult when you putting the new one back in. Drilling the rivets was easy and getting the bushings on is simple but you definitely have to bevel the leading edge so you can get the bar that connects the two bushings together over top of them... it'll make sense once you have it apart. Also, i had to drop the exhaust to make enough room to get my hands around the stock resonator and up to the linkage bolt... i only had to remove all the hangers and lower it about a foot but there was no chance without doing this and i'm a skinny guy... i made the linkage bolt very tight and at first thought it was too tight, but after driving for 20 min or so i like the more masculine feel of the shifts.... as for shifting distance, it is reallllly short! i've thrown the UUC and Katech before and i don't remember either of them being this short but it is a very well made item and is top quality in my book. I would definitely recommend this to anyone looking for a short shifter before the brand name units
    Did you disconnect the drive shaft, tranny brace and lower the tranny? Or, just the exhaust?

PrelateBishop is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Holy crap!

I've installed a short shifter before and never had to do anything like you described. This sounds way more complex than I anticipated. Please tell me it really wasn't that difficult.

soulja is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V Sedan 6MT, (Sold) 05 Maggie & 8.8 V1.
    Quote Originally Posted by PrelateBishop View Post
    Holy crap!

I've installed a short shifter before and never had to do anything like you described. This sounds way more complex than I anticipated. Please tell me it really wasn't that difficult.
    No, you don't need to remove anything to get to the linkage. I installed my B&M and didn't remove anything. Plus I have big hands and wrists. It was a tight spot but manageable.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.