Bluetooth Solution - Galaxy1000 Review
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Bluetooth Solution - Galaxy1000 Review in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; JimmyH suggested I post my review of the Galaxy1000 in a seperate thread for better exposure. http://www.galaxy1000.com I FINALLY was ...
    Saleen09 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Stealth Blue CTS-V Sedan

Bluetooth Solution - Galaxy1000 Review

JimmyH suggested I post my review of the Galaxy1000 in a seperate thread for better exposure.

http://www.galaxy1000.com

I FINALLY was able to get time to get the Galaxy1000 installed last weekend and have used it all week and can give a good report/review of it's function and operation.

INSTALL :

Install was VERY easy. The OnStar module is located on the passenger side of the trunk. To access you just need to remove 6 screw down fasteners that hold down the trim peice that is on the rear most part of the trunk and side trunk liner. After that, you can pull away the trunk line on the passenger to access the OnStar module and wiring. To install the Galaxy 1000, you unplug the only two connectors that go into the OnStar unit ( both are white AND are different shaped/keyed so NO WAY to get them confused/connected wrong) and plug them into the Galaxy1000 unit.

Mounting the unit is going to be an owner by owner decision. For me, I found that I could "wedge" the Galaxy 1000 between the trunk floor and the OnStar unit/wiring very solidly. I placed a peice of adhesive on the top/bottom of the Galaxy1000 where it would contact the trunk floor and OnStar unit. After 1 week, I last night checked on the unit. Still solidly in place. No rattles or otherwise were heard at all during normal operation so I am happy with this solution. Others may choose use the mounting tabs formed into body of the Galaxy 1000 case (3) or otherwise.

SETUP :

This was an absolute breeze and the Galaxy comes with excellent included instructions as well as being available to print from their website.. Hold down the OnStar key for 5-10 second to put unit into paring mode. Go into your cell phone and find the unit labeled "ARGUS GALAXY" and connect. Password is "1234". Done and Done.

OPERATION :

I am an IT consultant/technician and am in/out of my car all day. Galaxy 1000 powers up/connects when I start the car, turns off/disconnects when i shut off the car. Have had ZERO issues this week and I talk a good 500 mins or so in the car on average per week. I had a Motorola T305 ( VERY nice external solution) and find that the Galaxy outperforms it in all aspects. I REALLY enjoy how it lowers the music volume when a call comes in (sometimes I crank out my Alice in Chains a bit loud ) and turns off the music when a call is accepted. Had to do this manually with my Motorola external unit. Same goes for turning the Motorola unit on/off when I got in/out of the car. Alot of times I stay within range of the bluetooth and when I would pick up a call onsite, it would transfer to my phone and I'd have to change over before talking to the client. PITA at times. The integrated OnStar microphone seems to be excellent. My car has a Corsa exhaust and not one person has complained or mentioned any increase/decrease from my previous setup. Most people say I sound better when comparing it to my Motorola unit.

At this time, I have not a solitary negative thing to say about the Galaxy 1000. I wish it was cheaper (isn't that true of every modification) but for me, it's was 249.00 WELL SPENT. Would not hesitate to buy it again. I will be ordering another unit for my wife's Tahoe.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

CadiBlk is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Silver '05 V

Re: Bluetooth Solution - Galaxy1000 Review

Relates to my interests.

HoustonV is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

you sold me, just ordered one.

nikon is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05' CTS-V

Wish something like this existed a few years ago....My radiosandmore kit still doesn't work properly and I have to have a motorola interface and microphone mounted....way to much work and running wires to install it, so it'll stay but glad to know other things exist.

edwalton is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V

Thank you for the great review. You should let Galaxy know and get a commission on every one sold for a v install!!!

UnsafeAtAnySpd is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '04 CTS-V, '07 SRT8 Jeep, '86 Fiero

Wow. This sounds pretty cool. Good idea using the OnStar stuff.

MSOsr is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 Thunder Gray CTS-V coupe and Raven Black 2007 SRX

My 05 V has an analog Onstar, which I had disconnected by the dealership when they wanted $300+ to convert it to digital. Onstar wanted an activation fee as well.

What would I have to do have the Galaxy work in my car?

Mike

Jon
    Jon is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 09 CTS Premium 6 Speed, 04 CTS 3.6L, 2014 ATS 2.0T

Hmmmm

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MSOsr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Saleen09 View Post
    INSTALL :

Install was VERY easy. The OnStar module is located on the passenger side of the trunk. To access you just need to remove 6 screw down fasteners that hold down the trim peice that is on the rear most part of the trunk and side trunk liner. After that, you can pull away the trunk line on the passenger to access the OnStar module and wiring. To install the Galaxy 1000, you unplug the only two connectors that go into the OnStar unit ( both are white AND are different shaped/keyed so NO WAY to get them confused/connected wrong) and plug them into the Galaxy1000 unit.

Mounting the unit is going to be an owner by owner decision. For me, I found that I could "wedge" the Galaxy 1000 between the trunk floor and the OnStar unit/wiring very solidly. I placed a peice of adhesive on the top/bottom of the Galaxy1000 where it would contact the trunk floor and OnStar unit. After 1 week, I last night checked on the unit. Still solidly in place. No rattles or otherwise were heard at all during normal operation so I am happy with this solution. Others may choose use the mounting tabs formed into body of the Galaxy 1000 case (3) or otherwise.
    Again, great writeup Saleen

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyH View Post
    Again, great writeup Saleen
    JimmyH, not a problem. I have tried to be a active/contributing member on the message boards I am a part of, which for the last 8 years have been centered around Mustangs/Cobras/Saleens. Glad I can give something back to the community that has helped me immensley even before I purchased my V back in Nov. 09.

And for those who mentioned it, I do NOT get ANY type of kickback from Galaxy for any of this. To me, that would be biasing and misleading for all of you here.

I am a small business owner myself and have always (as do most small business owner) try and assist my fellow business man. Fred (owner of Galaxy1000) is one of the most stand up gentleman/vendors I have had the pleasure of dealing with. His dedication to customer service is SUPERB and it was refreshing to see another businessman who takes it to heart as I do.

My 05 V has an analog Onstar, which I had disconnected by the dealership when they wanted $300+ to convert it to digital. Onstar wanted an activation fee as well.

Mike
    Mike,

My 2005 took it with zero issues. Contact Fred at fred(at)redflagdealer.com and ask to get the 100% lowdown.

Mike
    Mike,

I emailed Fred on this matter as several people have inquired about it as well. Just further proving Fred's customer service, he emailed me back. Here is what he came back with.

"When you say the older analog 2002 and up are fine. It actually allows people to use hardware that has otherwise become outdated and useless. Anything older than that we’re just not positive, GM has been so uncooperative in supplying any information. If they have a class 2 data bus then it should work but we have only listed years and models that we have been able to physically try ourselves. That being said if anybody wants to try one we will refund their purchase price including the shipping and send them a return label. That’s our 100% risk free money back guarantee"

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Seems to be alot of former cobra owners here. I guess it is a natural progression as we grow up.

soulja is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V Sedan 6MT, (Sold) 05 Maggie & 8.8 V1.

Man, my mod list is going to be long.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyH View Post
    Seems to be alot of former cobra owners here. I guess it is a natural progression as we grow up.
    Careful now...I still have my 646+WHP 03 Cobra in the garage. My CTS-V keeps it purdy for the nice days.....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.