Bluetooth Solution - Galaxy1000 Review - Page 8
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Bluetooth Solution - Galaxy1000 Review in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by JimmyH kev, I would try borrowing someone else's phone, pair it to you car and try it. ...
    kevm14 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 Stealth Gray CTS-V

Re: Bluetooth Solution - Galaxy1000 Review

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyH View Post
    kev, I would try borrowing someone else's phone, pair it to you car and try it. I have had different phones behave differently with my parrot kits.
    I did. A couple posts up, #99. The weird shutdown thing is NOT my phone. But the not connect automatically thing when I enter the car in a call IS my phone. That's what I determined from the test with the Evo.

galaxy1000 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 STS V6 Lux

Kevin,

Just a quick update, our engineer is not sure what is going on (Hi Fred, definitely a wierd one. Got **** on it and will let you know as soon as I can. may be phone related too where something won't let go of the bluetooth connection. don't know yet. dang - wish I didnt sell my cts-v..) and has forwarded the issue to the lead engineer. I did respond back and let him know it was doing the SAME thing in my Avalanche. At least I know I'm not crazy and it was not doing this before!

That's kind of strange. I don't see what variable we all share that could have changed recently.

I will say that I continue to be pleased with the performance of the unit. I'm glad you guys used premium components. I used it with my windows down again and while the caller can definitely hear that I am driving with my windows down, I can still carry on the conversation. Pretty amazing, since this is beyond what is realistic for a usage scenario. I guess keep the thread updated as your engineer figures things out.

rocket2ya is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 Raven CTS-V, Blacked out, Eibach Pro Kit

does installing this take anything away from the functionality of OnStar?

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

it takes away ALL the functionality of onstar. You have to unplug onstar to plug in the Galaxy box.

Quote Originally Posted by kevm14 View Post
    That's kind of strange. I don't see what variable we all share that could have changed recently.

I will say that I continue to be pleased with the performance of the unit. I'm glad you guys used premium components. I used it with my windows down again and while the caller can definitely hear that I am driving with my windows down, I can still carry on the conversation. Pretty amazing, since this is beyond what is realistic for a usage scenario. I guess keep the thread updated as your engineer figures things out.
    Kevin,

Just to keep you updated, the plot thickens more! I just hung up with a customer (he wanted to thank me again and get advice for a new phone) that has a 2007 CTS without NAV. When he shuts off his car the phone immediately disconnects from the Galaxy 1000. His unit was purchased around the same time as yours and was from the same "batch" as yours. I'm really scratching my head over this one now!

Fred

Yeah I think it's my car. Not a malfunction, just a design subtlety. Thanks for the update.

Yeah I think it's my car. Not a malfunction, just a design subtlety. Thanks for the update.
    Kevin,

The plot thickens, they bench tested a few units and had the same result you have. I do not understand why/how the other gentleman is not having the same result. I received the following back a few minutes ago;
    " I think we found the bug in the sw that caused the phone not to get the call back when shutting the car off. You can test my theory if you want. When in a call, shut off the car, then turn the ignition back to accessory and then back off. I bet when you do it a second time it goes off and transfers to the phone. We are working on it now...."

If you could try this and let me know,

Fred

Fred,

Do I kill RAP (open the door) before cycling the ignition back to accessory first?

No, just turn it back to acc and then back off

Ok I'll try. That's interesting because power to the unit won't change, but I guess it reads a state off the bus and shuts down accordingly. I'll let you know what happens.

I tried doing it exactly as you said and it made no difference. When I opened the door to kill RAP, it did the screen-stay-on thing at which point I turned the key back to accessory and back off and the nav screen immediately went off and the phone call was back on the handset. I did this while the door was open. This is what I thought your engineer meant, and I think this confirms his bug. While we're talking about bugs, I've also seen the system pause audio and light the OnStar indicator as a result of me turning bluetooth off on my phone (not in call). This has happened a few times, but isn't consistent. I am willing to assume it's the phone somehow, but I thought I'd mention it.

I tried doing it exactly as you said and it made no difference. When I opened the door to kill RAP, it did the screen-stay-on thing at which point I turned the key back to accessory and back off and the nav screen immediately went off and the phone call was back on the handset. I did this while the door was open. This is what I thought your engineer meant, and I think this confirms his bug. While we're talking about bugs, I've also seen the system pause audio and light the OnStar indicator as a result of me turning bluetooth off on my phone (not in call). This has happened a few times, but isn't consistent. I am willing to assume it's the phone somehow, but I thought I'd mention it.
    Kevin,

Thanks for the input. I'm sorry for the crossed signals. The Onstar system itself may be looking for a phone when you turn off your bluetooth and therefore flash the audio. I know if I forget my phone the Galaxy will still pair to it as it is usually on my desk which is only 20 feet from my truck, then as I get down the street I hear a beep and the radio does "flash". This has reminded me on more than one occasion to go back and get my phone....

Kevin,

We were able to isolate the problem and correct it. I will be in touch with you to make arrangements to take of you.

Fred

JD03Cobra is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 Platinum CTS V

Quote Originally Posted by galaxy1000 View Post
    We will be announcing an auxiliary input that will work off of the radio for those that want to stream music in stereo, watch our site at http://www.galaxy1000.com for more details.
    Any updates on this?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.