Bluetooth Solution - Galaxy1000 Review - Page 6
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Bluetooth Solution - Galaxy1000 Review in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by JimmyH even if they software upgraded the module to allow audio streaming, I doubt it would sound ...
    galaxy1000 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 STS V6 Lux

Re: Bluetooth Solution - Galaxy1000 Review

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyH View Post
    even if they software upgraded the module to allow audio streaming, I doubt it would sound very good. The amplifier in the CTS changes audio equalization (it seems so to me anyway) when onstar mode is active. Probably optimized for voice quality. Music would probably sound pretty flat.
    If people are that interested in audio streaming my engineer says it's not a big deal. But he does caution that the bluetooth link is mono and it would sound really crappy.

Let me know,

Fred

Switched power is here thru the Galaxy 1000. Let me know if you are interested, there will be more details at http://www.galaxy1000.com soon.

powerharness.JPG

WaterKing is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade EXT and 2012 Volt

Just curious....I have a 2007 Escalade EXT with nav & rear dvd. I am using a 2009 Cadillac VCIM with Bluetooth that works great on Bluetooth without any modifications (except I cut the mounting ears off it to fit in the Escalade's stock location) but I did lose Onstar because I have not gotten it reprogrammed by the dealer. I checked the Galaxy1000 site and they say it is not compatible with the Escalade. If a stock CTS Vcim will work in an Escalade, why won't the Galaxy 1000? And is Onstar retained?

Quote Originally Posted by WaterKing View Post
    Just curious....I have a 2007 Escalade EXT with nav & rear dvd. I am using a 2009 Cadillac VCIM with Bluetooth that works great on Bluetooth without any modifications (except I cut the mounting ears off it to fit in the Escalade's stock location) but I did lose Onstar because I have not gotten it reprogrammed by the dealer. I checked the Galaxy1000 site and they say it is not compatible with the Escalade. If a stock CTS Vcim will work in an Escalade, why won't the Galaxy 1000? And is Onstar retained?
    The data system in your Escalade is Canbus, the CTS-V has a class 2 data bus. That is why our current unit will not work. Fear not however, we are in the final testing stages for a unit that will work with your vehicle. It should be ready in about 30-60 days. It will lose Onstar but will have CID and full functionality of the steering wheel radio controls.

Check often at www.galaxy1000.com or submit your name to be notified when it is available in the compatibility check area.

Thanks for your interest,

Fred

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

I believe all the solutions out there that replicate onstar for bluetooth will lose onstar functionality.

dnswallace is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '06 CTS-V

Just a quick note for those of you that may have other accessories (like a radar detector) tied into the mirror power; I was having a problem with the Galaxy unit only processing one side of the call - if I called out, the other person could hear me, but I couldn't hear them. Incoming calls were the opposite, I could hear them, but they couldn't hear me. I e-mailed Fred and he called me right back and took the time to troubleshoot it over the phone, on the weekend. We weren't sure if it was the Galaxy unit or not, but Fred was going to send out a replacement anyway. Later, I found the the radar detector power was goofing things up. When I disconnected the Passport, the Galaxy worked fine. Kudos to Fred for going the extra mile to help fix a customer-based problem.

05velocity is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS-V Redline

Thanks for quick reply Fred. Turns out this was a problem with the Blackberry 9630 OS. I updated the OS and the mic volume came up. Haven't tried it on the highway yet but definetly has improved.

05velocity is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS-V Redline

Oops here is the original post

Quote Originally Posted by galaxy1000 View Post
    Not at this time, but if it is an issue for you please call me and I'll see what we can do as far as customizing the mic volume for you. We refuse to have any unhappy customers! I can be reached at 781-523-1900.

Thanks for your order, your business is truly appreciated,

Fred
    Quote Originally Posted by 05velocity View Post
    Ordering was easy and shipping quick. I installed mine last week works great except callers do notice that the microphone volume is lower than the handset or my jawbone ear piece. Is there anyway to adjust the mic gain?
    Thanks!

Just a quick note, I want to thank everyone for your purchases, I'll be amending the installation instructions to include a note to turn up the bluetooth volume on the phone. I wanted to post it out here first. The volume on the phone should be set to the highest level you can then trim it back with the radio volume control.

Thanks again,

Fred

http://www.galaxy1000.com

We will be announcing an auxiliary input that will work off of the radio for those that want to stream music in stereo, watch our site at http://www.galaxy1000.com for more details.

Sorry to go OT, but do you have anything for the 2010 Camaro? I am considering a base SS model which does not include bluetooth.

Not right now, it is in testing. I should have a better time frame next week. We just want to make sure it works perfect before releasing it.....

I'll PM you when it is ready.

Fred

cool beans, it will be at least 6 months before I get another car

tmwfla is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

We will be announcing an auxiliary input that will work off of the radio for those that want to stream music in stereo, watch our site at http://www.galaxy1000.com for more details.

Loving my Galaxy, so put me down on the notification list when this becomes avail!

2manycars is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): none

This is great news!

When you say "auxiliary input" - can you clarify that more?

Would this be a hard wired input, or can we stream music in stereo using bluetooth from our phones/ players (I have a Droid).

If we can stream stereo using bluetooth, along with what you already have in using bluetooth for phone calls - I am Very interested.

Thanks!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.