Bluetooth Solution - Galaxy1000 Review - Page 5
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Bluetooth Solution - Galaxy1000 Review in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; What happened to Fred and Galaxy1000 website. I tried to order 2 units yesterday and today - when I go ...
    edwalton is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V

Re: Bluetooth Solution - Galaxy1000 Review

What happened to Fred and Galaxy1000 website. I tried to order 2 units yesterday and today - when I go to check out the cart, all I get is an error message page. I sent and e-mail through the comments section, but no response yet.

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

even if they software upgraded the module to allow audio streaming, I doubt it would sound very good. The amplifier in the CTS changes audio equalization (it seems so to me anyway) when onstar mode is active. Probably optimized for voice quality. Music would probably sound pretty flat.

2manycars is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): none

^^^ You know... that makes sense... It'll bet you're right.

If you are willing to forego XM, this is still the best way to add an ipod or similar:

http://cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/a...tch/index.html

dnswallace is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '06 CTS-V

Hi, I ran into the same problem ordering. Fred's IT guy is updating the ordering tool and I guess it has a couple of bugs. When I inquired about the order via e-mail, Fred called me right back. I paid via PayPal Thursday and received it today (Saturday). Very quick turn around and great customer service.

Fred is on top of things - he responded this evening to my earlier e-mail about not being able to order a unit off the web site. I'll check into the Paypal routine and order one or two (depending on if it works on a 2009 Tahoe.)

galaxy1000 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 STS V6 Lux

I just wanted to touch base and thank all of you that did get the broken link on my page for emailing me. It appears there was a piece of code out of place. We are in the middle of changing the order basket so that our customers from Canada may order online. Right now they will get an error message and will need to email me for a PayPal link.

Thank you all for your business, we appreciate it!!!

Order today at www.galaxy1000.com

Fred

MVP
    MVP is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

I love mine! It work great except one thing. When the nav is on, it overrides your conversation. It is annoying, but i rarely use my nav so it isn't that big a deal.

GREAT NEWS

For all of you that have purchased the Galaxy 1000, you know that there is an extra spot for a small plug on the unit itself. This plug is for people that would like switched power for an accessory. We will have these harnesses available for purchase by the end of next week. Cost has not been finalized but should be under $25.00.

I'll post more details as I have them,

Fred

05velocity is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS-V Redline

Ordering was easy and shipping quick. I installed mine last week works great except callers do notice that the microphone volume is lower than the handset or my jawbone ear piece. Is there anyway to adjust the mic gain?
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by 05velocity View Post
    Ordering was easy and shipping quick. I installed mine last week works great except callers do notice that the microphone volume is lower than the handset or my jawbone ear piece. Is there anyway to adjust the mic gain?
    Thanks!
    Not at this time, but if it is an issue for you please call me and I'll see what we can do as far as customizing the mic volume for you. We refuse to have any unhappy customers! I can be reached at 781-523-1900.

Thanks for your order, your business is truly appreciated,

Fred

MSOsr is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 Thunder Gray CTS-V coupe and Raven Black 2007 SRX

Quote Originally Posted by 05velocity View Post
    Thanks!
    I had the same issue, so I called Fred. It turns out my iPhone has volume control for each attached bluetooth device. I started my car, called my office and selected "Argos Galaxy".....then hit my volume up button and increased the volume of the ring, as well as the microphone. Instant success!

Fred really goes above and beyond with customer service!

Mike

I was one of those having problems ordering - e-mailed Fred several times, completed the order and it arrived today. Hopefully I'll have some time this warm weekend to install it!

Installation took a bit longer than some due to the fact that I am not as intimate with the rear panels of the trunk! Easy as pie to disconnect and reconnect to the Galaxy1000 unit. Pairing up my Blackberry and the unit was a bit difficult. When I pressed the Onstar button, the led flashed red and then turned to flashing green. It would not sync. I called Fred and he explained that it alternates red and green! got off the phone with him and 2 seconds later was hooked up. Works great. Now all I have to do is get some voice phone numbers into the bb and I'll be calling hands free!
    Can't say enough about Fred and the promt service, response, and being on the phone with me to walk me through it on a Sat am.

I am very intimate with my "rear panels"

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.