Bluetooth Solution - Galaxy1000 Review - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Bluetooth Solution - Galaxy1000 Review in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; I think $250 is a bargain. Forget the Chinese crap. I prefer my phone calls lead-free...
    JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Re: Bluetooth Solution - Galaxy1000 Review

I think $250 is a bargain. Forget the Chinese crap. I prefer my phone calls lead-free

Saleen09 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Stealth Blue CTS-V Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyH View Post
    I think $250 is a bargain. Forget the Chinese crap. I prefer my phone calls lead-free
    JimmyH, I agree 100%.

You should check out the standard CTS thread I posted in. They are calling for a price tag in the $100-$125 range.

All depends on how you use it. For someone like me who uses it 2-4 hours a day, the ROI of $250.00 is EASY.

Great product, AMERICAN MADE, and a excellent company that stands behind it. More than enough for me to be a happy customer.

sometime people forget what a bargain is

sometime people forget what a bargain is

tmwfla is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Saleen and Galaxy,
    I also have the Droid, and am curious if mp3's from my phone are able to be played through the car's factory speakers using this. Thanks for all the info so far!

MVP
    MVP is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

I just installed mine and it works great in the driveway. I placed and recieved a call to tes it. I will report more later in the week when I use it daily.
    I took some pics if anyone wants, not that you really need them to install this, it was easy!

galaxy1000 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 STS V6 Lux

Quote Originally Posted by galaxy1000 View Post
    Ross,

Thank you so much for your interest. I wish we could sell our units in that range, we would probably be selling 5 times as many. We could lower our price if we wanted to get a volume of product produced in China, we would however be giving up our Made in America that we are very proud of along with quality control. Even with a unit mass produced in another country I do not think we could be anywhere near the price your talking about. I know there has been discussion of a group buy, I am trying to think of a way to be able to do it, if I can, I do want everyone from the Cadillac Forums who has purchased a unit to know that the only fair thing to do is for me to send them a check back for the discount we provide. So do not let the fact that there is no group buy in place stop you, if we do something you will get that price as well.

Thanks for thinking of us,

Fred
    Thank you all for your interest in a group buy. I wanted to speak to my supplier and see if we could work out something. Unfortunately at this time we can't. At $249.00 the Galaxy 1000 is a great value. Please order yours today at www,galaxy1000.com

Thanks,

Fred

egypt123 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

I just don't make enough calls to justify that cost. If the price came down to under $200, I'd seriously consider. Under $175 and I'm in.

FloridaCPA is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 Infrared CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by egypt123 View Post
    I just don't make enough calls to justify that cost. If the price came down to under $200, I'd seriously consider. Under $175 and I'm in.
    I agree it is still a little too steep. Think I can continue to make do.

Is this the same product as the Argos Galaxy Bluestar? Same price and it sounds very similar. Both adapters are offered on eBay now. Maybe the competition will bring down the price.

galaxy1000 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 STS V6 Lux

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaCPA View Post
    I agree it is still a little too steep. Think I can continue to make do.

Is this the same product as the Argos Galaxy Bluestar? Same price and it sounds very similar. Both adapters are offered on eBay now. Maybe the competition will bring down the price.
    It is the same product but with a big difference. According to the manufacturer this person was sold 5 units about 6 months ago, I am and continue to be the only factory authorized reseller. For those who have had questions and have dealt with me can attest to my customer service can't and will not be beat!

For those that can't justify the pricing I am truly sorry we can't help you, there is very little markup (although I realize that is my issue and not yours) in the unit. Sure, we could probably use cheaper parts and have the units built in China and be able to charge less, but that wiould in my opinion lead to quality issues.

I would also like to provide this little tidbit, The Argos Galaxy Bluestar was originally posted as the Argos Bluestar, the person has just updated the name. He said the Galaxy was the new and improved version of the Argos Bluestar. The Bluestar had been thought of for a name originally, not wanting to confuse it with other products in the market and not wanting to p*ss off Onstar I came up with Galaxy, because after all why have a star when you can have a whole Galaxy....

Order yours today at www.galaxy1000.com

Fred

CadiBlk is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Silver '05 V

Quote Originally Posted by galaxy1000 View Post

I would also like to provide this little tidbit, The Argos Galaxy Bluestar was originally posted as the Argos Bluestar, the person has just updated the name. He said the Galaxy was the new and improved version of the Argos Bluestar. The Bluestar had been thought of for a name originally, not wanting to confuse it with other products in the market and not wanting to p*ss off Onstar I came up with Galaxy, because after all why have a star when you can have a whole Galaxy....

Order yours today at www.galaxy1000.com

Fred
    I think you've practiced that line...

Well I didn't get one for Valentine's Day so if you could send an anonymous letter to my wife, my birthday is coming up. That would be great.

Also is there any way to petition the mayor of Atlanta that would force all in Atlanta to use one of these. I have to say a prayer everyday to keep me safe on these highways with everyone texting and jabbering on their phones. Last week I saw a guy in a Chrysler Sebring with two spare doughnuts on his car (i mean he either had to steal one or buy a spare). We were in bumper to bumper 30mph traffic and he was sending a text and didn't look up for a good 30 seconds. I then say a thank you when I get home.

MSOsr is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 Thunder Gray CTS-V coupe and Raven Black 2007 SRX

Fred immediately answered several questions I had and I ordered my unit on Sunday. He immediately responded to my order by email and I saw that a shipping label had been made up the same day. The unit shipped first thing on Monday and I got it at noon on Wednesday.

It really does take almost no time to install. In fact, I put several strips of velcro on my unit before putting it in the car, but it wasn't necessary (the unit wedges under the Onstar unit without velcro). Total plug and play and worked perfectly.

The best customer service I've ever seen, the easiest install I've ever had on a mod, and a product that works exactly as advertised. A total WIN/WIN situation when you order this from Fred. I couldn't be happier.

Thanks, Fred.

Mike

P.S. Ross: Hopefully she'll read this and you can tell her you know me.

2manycars is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): none
    Quote Originally Posted by tmwfla View Post
    Saleen and Galaxy,
    I also have the Droid, and am curious if mp3's from my phone are able to be played through the car's factory speakers using this. Thanks for all the info so far!
    I was wondering this to. Am thinking it does, being Bluetooth compatible, but I would also like to know for sure.

Thanks!

Like I said in the other thead, I think $250 is a bargain if this unit is trouble free as it seems to be (unlike the costar).

tmwfla is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Count me as another happy customer of the Galaxy 1000. No, it does NOT play songs through bluetooth, but I have a feeling it's "doable", albeit with a completely different module. This unit is seriously incredibly easy to "install", and even easier to use. You don't really have to do anything once it's installed and paired with your phone. I have the Motorola Droid, and each time I start my car, it's automatically paired and I can take calls, with clear reception and voice quality, even if I keep my phone in my pocket.
    Now, if someone comes up with an equally easy to use and install product that ALSO will allow playing songs from our memory card via bluetooth, in stereo, I WILL buy another one. That's the "holy grail" of these units, to me. Great job on the Galaxy 1000 and I'm really happy with it.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.