Bluetooth Solution - Galaxy1000 Review - Page 10
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Bluetooth Solution - Galaxy1000 Review in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; I just ordered one after finally reading this whole thread. Cant wait to get mine installed. Thanks for everyones input....
    03Cobra is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Shopping

Re: Bluetooth Solution - Galaxy1000 Review

I just ordered one after finally reading this whole thread. Cant wait to get
    mine installed. Thanks for everyones input.

4dr-ls6 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Thanks for the review. I didn't catch the car you have installed this in.

I have a 2005 CTS-V. Do you have navigation?

Is the voice activated directions disabled with this install?

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

This box replaces your onstar box (so you do lose onstar service if that matters to you)

it does not have anything to do with voice navigation. That's part of the radio, not onstar.

ozmt is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): cts-v

Fred,
    I bought one of these for my 04 cts-v. Do you have one for my 2008 escalade ext?
    thanks
    jeff
    ozmt@msn.com

galaxy1000 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 STS V6 Lux

Quote Originally Posted by ozmt View Post
    Fred,
    I bought one of these for my 04 cts-v. Do you have one for my 2008 escalade ext?
    thanks
    jeff
    ozmt@msn.com
    I wish we did! We are working on it but I do not have any timeline.

travcannon is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS

Hey everyone,

I am new to the cadillac family and I just picked up a 06 CTS. I was very surprised when i found out there was no bluetooth device installed. After reading this thread I am still contemplating going with the galaxy100 because of the price. It seems like a really expensive replacement at $249 + s&h. Now i say replacement because it will be replacing the onstar which i am not thrilled because i still would want that option available to me if i decide to subscribe. I am also looking to upgrade my head unit from stock to a touch screen, with bluetooth which costs less than this device. It just seems to me that the cons outweigh the pros. Now i could see myself paying 250 for a product that doesn't remove the onstar. now my question is (and this might sell me on it) does the button that is located on my steering wheel (used for onstar) work with this device?

If you want to keep onstar, you can do the parrot kit like I did:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ree-music.html

It's a little bit cheaper, you don't have to unplug onstar, but it's ALOT more work to install. Not difficult, just time consuming. But, you can stream music to it, and if you get the MK9100, it has direct plug in for an ipod. I mounted the wireless button panel on my steering wheel, and it worked well.

Tim06CTS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS

I just purchased one of these for my 2006 CTS. I have one question that I can't find the answer to. Can you pair more than one phone to this? My wife and I both drive the car so I would like to pair both cell phones to it at the same time. Possible?

Aurora40 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '06 CTS-V

You can pair more than one phone. They can't both connect at the same time, though.

I'll use this opportunity to post that after some time, I'm not overly impressed with the sound quality of this device. Everyone I talk to says I am hard to hear, quality is poor. Phone is an LG Optimus V, though it was the same with an older flip phone. I can hear others fairly well, or at least no complaints about it.

I used the G1000 in my wife's Aurora initially, and she was always pretty hard to understand. She got sick of it (though she also found the mirror buttons hard to remember), which is why I have it.

I have a friend with the CoStar on his '07 Corvette through a Blackberry Storm, and he sounds pretty clear when I talk to him.

kevm14 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 Stealth Gray CTS-V

I can't believe the sound quality would really be different. Unless there was a mic sensitivity or noise reduction difference in the firmware.

exactly. some kits are better at echo and noise cancellation than others. I think it's a balance between how much background noise is acceptable, and how much voice quality you are willing to give up. I have talked to people in cars where there is lots of background noise, and others where it is relatively quiet. It isn't really any easier to understand the person with the quieter setup, because there seems, to me anyway, to be voice distortion. and some of it gets completely dropped (as in short periods of dead silence)

2things to try, first raise the volume on your phone while it is connected. This will increase the microphone gain. The second thing is to update your phones firmware. These 2 things should do the trick. Feel free to call me at 781-523-1900 tomorrow if you would like. I will be traveling but will return your call as soon as I can if I miss you.

Fred

Aurora40 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '06 CTS-V

My phone is up-to-date with firmware and OS. However, the volume thing seemed to work. I adjusted it while talking to my wife and she said it made a good improvement, less crackling when I was talking. Thanks!

Tim06CTS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS

Good to know! Thanks for that tip. Well Brown just drove past my house and no package for me today

Glad to help!

Tim, I just sent you an email with the tracking number and information. Your unit was sent USPS priority mail on Monday and should have been there yesterday.

Fred

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.