Vibration - too lazy for FAQ - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Vibration - too lazy for FAQ in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; I bought my 80+ (now 90+) mile '04 in July. At the time it had no mufflers, just turndowns near ...
    Dave Richey is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

Re: Vibration - too lazy for FAQ

I bought my 80+ (now 90+) mile '04 in July. At the time it had no mufflers, just turndowns near the rear, and I drove that loud beast for some time that way. A while back I put stock mufflers on and have been driving it daily for the last several thousand miles (and who knows how many tanks of gas). Once it was quieted down I have become in tune with just about every noise and vibration noted on the forum. I have come to the conclusion that I can just drive it, enjoy it, and fix it when it breaks or I can become a hypersensitive, paranoid pantywaist. I live in Mississippi, there ain't much sympathy for a guy wearing panties down here.

I was worried for a while about having no warranty. Now I've come to the conclusion that I'm glad that if it breaks I just fix it myself without worrying with a dealer.

soflarick is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): none

Quote Originally Posted by SkullV View Post
    The more poly you add to the mounts/driveline the more vibration you are going to get. None of it really bothered my until I got the LS7 clutch kit in, but I think there is something wrong with my engine so it's going to the dealer tomorrow after I get a chance to datalog it first.
    Post the results of the examination.

SkullV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): NONE

Will do. It's actually going in on Monday.

ewill3rd is offline Cadillac Technician

DRKSIDE,

Now that was excellent information.
    It sounds like some sort of engine vibration, the next step would be to remove the serpentine belt (don't run it for a long time) and see if the vibration goes away.
    It could be accessory induced, so eliminating all the accessories would be the next step. From there if the vibration remains then it sounds like something connected to the flywheel. That could me a flywheel/pressure plate issue or possibly a balancer.
    The best thing to do after that would be to put a vibration analyzer on it and punch in some data to find the frequency of the vibration and identify possible sources and then eliminate them.

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by ewill3rd View Post
    ... remove the serpentine belt (don't run it for a long time) ...
    Fixed.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

Yeah, I guess I should have highlighted that.

your maker is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

?? vibration do to the ls7 clutch kit.

your maker is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

i know i got the vibration once i installed the motor mounts. ewill3rd did you experiance a vibration when you just install the UUC motor mounts?

i am going to be doing a ls7 kit after the new year but i do have the vibration around 2000-2500 rpm currently

The motor mounts might bring a bit more powertrain vibration into the cabin since they are not hydraulic like the stock ones.
    Some might be considered normal, when your teeth start chipping that is a bad sign.

Ace840 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V

I am having this EXACT problem right now. engine vibration right around 2300 - 2500 RPM. Can you tell me if you ever determined what the problem was? We just replaced the water pump and replaced crankshaft balancer. THANKS!

kevm14 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 Stealth Gray CTS-V

I thought some people have trouble with crank dampers going bad. I forget if it was mainly LS6s or mainly LS2s, or both.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.