Got nailed by my trunk lid for the last time(s) - Page 5
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Got nailed by my trunk lid for the last time(s) in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by CadzillaTN eh, I think you are right about it pushing up only when open a certain amount.. ...
    JCaddyV is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Black 2005 CTS-V

Re: Got nailed by my trunk lid for the last time(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CadzillaTN View Post
    eh, I think you are right about it pushing up only when open a certain amount.. I was hedging with my post hoping the autozones were perhaps beefier than stock. Maybe Jcaddy can confirm for us.. I've never really understood what is correct in this case but maybe my dealer was right and they should only "hold the trunk in the up position", not open the trunk completely on their own..of course, they test it on the level showroom so unless you "shove it" hard, it won't fall even if the shocks are no good.

I do remember my trunk audibly "popping" open when the shocks were good, albeit just enough for me to get my hand in there, but now it's a mere click and I have to dig the lid off the bumper..
    When I hit the trunk button on my remote it pops the trunk but it does not go up on its own. I open it up and about half way it starts to go up on its own and when its all the way up it stays.

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ak Jim View Post
    I took the family out to dinner a couple of months ago. The restaurant was a little cool inside so I went out to the V to get a jacket. I opened the trunk and reached in to grab my jacket when the trunk wacked me in the back. I jumped back out of suprise and the keys fell out of my hand as the trunk completely closed. So there we were about 30 miles from home with the keys locked in the trunk. Luckily a good friend of mine had one of our garage remotes so he drove to my house and got the second set of keys and drove to the restaurant so we could unlock the car.

Ford's goofy keypads don't seem so goofy in your case.

9t8z28 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

yup, I am bringing this thread back from the dead.....
    I am going to Auto Zone to get these replacement struts. Mine are shot. I have had the car for 2 weeks now and thought that it was normal. Thank goodness for this thread and thank goodness the weather has been calm and no wind! haha

I am also installing a GM low mount spoiler so these should help too. I am guessing that if I didn't install the replacement struts, the trunk wouldn't stay open at all.

Lastly, I have noticed that I have rub marks from the trunk hitting the bumper. I pushed down on the trunk and it does not come any where near the bumper. Just to be safe, I adjusted the rubber stops out a little to prevent this. I am thinking the bumper may be loose somewhere and is allowing it to move up and down. On rough roads I hear a rattle. Maybe this is what is or was causing it.

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

For a second, I thought this was heavy resurrecting this thread and he got hit for the last time ... again.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

9t8z28 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

haha, not me! yet............

JDB
    JDB is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 Raven/Ebony CTS-V with toys

Without reading through this thread... when I complained about the same issue... dealer found updated shocks with part number: 15911948 to replace my tired ones under CPO...and its been fine ever since.

CadzillaTN is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Update: I got a new set of trunk shocks on my final warranty visit... Works reeeal nice now. I hit the button and give it a slight nudge, it goes up by itself.

If yours don't do this, they are shot.

kevm14 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 Stealth Gray CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by JDB View Post
    Without reading through this thread... when I complained about the same issue... dealer found updated shocks with part number: 15911948 to replace my tired ones under CPO...and its been fine ever since.
    Rockauto has struts with this description:

ACDELCO Part # 5101040 {#19203153}
    STRUT,Rear Compartment Lid 2ND DESIGN; STROKE 7.87; 4 DOORS

They are $17.62/ea. You can usually find a 5% discount coupon so I'll probably just order there. Interestingly 06 and up shows a different P/N, and nothing from AC Delco.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.