HID headlight ballast - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, HID headlight ballast in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; I am in need of a ballast, for my 2004 CTS-V anyone one laying around still that would like to ...
    67electro is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

Re: HID headlight ballast

I am in need of a ballast, for my 2004 CTS-V anyone one laying around still that would like to sell to me?

Thanks guys.

-John

emsav8er is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

I don't know if it's a ballast or what, but my drivers side headlight will sometimes just go out for a few seconds and then back on for a few seconds etc. The only way to stop it is to turn off the lights for about 5 seconds then back on again. Sometimes it repeats the process then other times it stays on for a real long time. Very rarely does it happen on the passenger side. Any help would be appreciated. If it is the ballast, does anyone have any for sale? I have a 2005 CTS-V.

OIL-IT-UP is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS

Quote Originally Posted by ronr View Post
    So I thought my drivers side low beam (HID) bulb went out. Got a new one only to find the fuse was blown. After much experimentation and many more blown fuses it looks like the ballast on that light is bad. It's very rusty around the gasket so it looks like the gasket didn't seal and the electronics got corroded. Dealer wants ~$300 for a new ballast and says there are none at the warehouse.

Has anyone else had one of these rust? Any alternatives (I'm already checking ebay) for getting a new one?

p.s. I'm gonna hunt down the engineer that designed a front end where you need to remove the entire front fascia just to replace the light bulb
    Are there any more ballast available?
    OIL-IT-UP

blue89bird is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

I've got an extra ballast if you still need it. Send me an email to jason (dot) kleinman (at) gmail (dot) com

ctszme is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS V

Still anymore 12 pin Ballast? Lad5g

Rick2915 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 Cadillac SRX 4.6 V-8

I was checking to see if anyone has a HID Headlamp Ballast for 2004 Cadillac SRX 4 pin. sure can use some help

sarg is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cts-V

Well looks like our ballast went out on my wife's driver's side headlight. I took the whole darn thing apart to change the bulb and new one didn't do anything either. The ballast looked a bit rusty around the edges and the fuse for that side was popped. I changed the fuse and still no go. Guess we need a ballast. After looking at the price of the 12 pin ballasts I think we might try to find one of the cheaper 4 pin ballasts and just get a pigtail to wire it in. Anyone have a 4 pin ballast laying around for a reasonable price? New they run about $100.

DisposableHero is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V

just saw this thread and wanted to update you guys on what i ended up doing...

there's another thread on here about a ballist from ebay.. its enclosed and won't ever have this problem which is the way i ended up doing... kept stock dead one, which i gutted, installed to keep headlight

solomonsfinest is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 06 SRX

Hello Troy, does the ballast you have fit an 06 SRX. I'm having an issue. I changed out the factory HID bulbs with a 6K DS1 aftermarket bulb. The driver side is fine but, the passenger side blew the fuse after about three weeks. I took the unit apart and changed the bulb. I also noticed some water in the bottom of the compartment. I removed the entire ballast from the bottom of the housing. sprayed it out with air, then electrical contact cleaner/degreaser. It still blows the fuse. I believe the ballast is shot.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.