FLASH is in!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, FLASH is in! in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; I checked back a few days and didn't see this posted yet. I just heard from my dealer that the ...
    JJOC is offline Cadillac Owners Member

FLASH is in!

I checked back a few days and didn't see this posted yet. I just heard from my dealer that the flash for fixing the oil temp sensor has finally come in. It's not too soon for me because this past weekend I actually had the oil temp alarm go off while driving (registered at 298 degrees). Needless to say, I made an appointment for next Tuesday to get this thing fixed.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

globed70 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Re: FLASH is in!

Being the one who always disagrees about availability of the software flash... I can confirm that it is available. I will also get the flash done next week (along with oil change, tire rotation, replacement of broken sail panel, alignment of center console). I hope this fixes the problem

Dreamin is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 V

Good info... i'm going to do a dump of my "before" programming and compare it to the "after"... to make sure they didn't tweak any engine programming.

StealthV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 Z06 / 2013 F150 EcoBeast / 2008 Twin-Turbo Bimmer

Dreamin, if you wouldn't mind, please send me copies of the two flash files to play around with as well.

benjet is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Might I ask anyone who can get a bulletin # or info reference #, please POST ASAP.

TIA
    -Ben

Innocent Bystander is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

#04-08-49-017A - Engine Oil Temperature Gauge Warning (Call TCSC and Reprogram IPC Module)

Advance information... tells the dealer to call technical assistance and reprogram the instrument cluster.

I've heard that this greatly reduces the chances of having a false warning and that the best real "fix" comes with the new engine in a year or so (2006?) when they actually rewire the oil temp sensor.

IB

IB: You might have posted this earlier... but are you saying the 'normal' ECU is not reprogrammed (the one that holds the engine programming)? Some other 'instrument cluster' ECU is reprogrammed??

DgtalPimp is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): CTS-V CAI, CAM, BB X-pipe, Baer Extreme Plus

Dreamin How do you dump your flash? What equipment do you use?

Dgtal

globed70 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Innocent Bystander
    #04-08-49-017A - Engine Oil Temperature Gauge Warning (Call TCSC and Reprogram IPC Module)

Advance information... tells the dealer to call technical assistance and reprogram the instrument cluster.

I've heard that this greatly reduces the chances of having a false warning and that the best real "fix" comes with the new engine in a year or so (2006?) when they actually rewire the oil temp sensor.

IB
    1. Do you think this is what they did to the later 04s and all 05s?
    2. Last week the word was that this is 90% of the fix, whatever that means. One would have thought that the difference in voltage pickups could have been 100% fixed through a non-linear algorithm. What are we missing?

ctsvett is offline FAQ is your Friend
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

I think that what this means is this reflash is a band-aid and will fixes the guage by using an algorythm to calculate what it should be. The real fix to have 100% acurate temps will be when they put a new engine in the car. Sounds like they messed up and could not really fix this in software. This was not a big enough issue to recall (costs too much), so they fixed it in software to get you 90% of the way there (and get rid of that stupid warning)

I dont need 100% to the degree acurate oil temp, so long as the warning goes away and it give me a close to actual reading I am fine with this.

The doc ID is on the FAQ if you need to reference this: Http://www.cadillacfaq.com/answers/oilguage.html

Reed
    Http://www.cadillacfaq.com

Innocent Bystander is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

^
    What he said!
    The cluster actually reads the oil temp sensor so the ECM really doesn't have anything to do with the gage. I heard the patch pads the incoming value with extra voltage to compensate for the ground shift that exists between the cluster ground and the sensor ground at the engine. :droolin guy: + :deer-in-the-headlights guy:

IB

Dreamin How do you dump your flash? What equipment do you use?
    Using a friend's LS1edit... i will post before and after Binary files and Excel files (though given IB's info they should be the same)... i can also post stock '02 Z06 files.

In case you missed this... http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ad.php?t=18485 (post #7)

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Yeah, I'd suggest going into the dealer with as much of your own technical info as possible.

I found this thread late Thursday and tried to sneak my V in at noon Friday. I needed to leave the Boston area by 4PM to have a reasonable shot at making the ferry ride we scheduled across Lake Michigan at 8AM. Well, I sat at the dealer from noon to 2PM and when I finally chased down a tech, they hadn't done a thing and claimed the phone line was down. Whether that was true or not, I have no fix and I'll be heading through Death Valley on the way back from Cali.

So, I will find a Cadillac dealer in the Bay Area who will fix this.

We left late on Friday and had traffic, but the V made up a heck of a lot of time and we made it there at 7:10AM. We're in SD tonight and the clunk from the BMR kit hasn't gotten noticeably worse.....yet.

Good info... i'm going to do a dump of my "before" programming and compare it to the "after"... to make sure they didn't tweak any engine programming.
    Didn't work Friend's LS1Edit (cable) is locked to '01 and '02 cars.

...can't decide if I want to get LS1Edit, HPtuners, or wait for EFI Live tuner

StealthV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 Z06 / 2013 F150 EcoBeast / 2008 Twin-Turbo Bimmer

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamin
    Didn't work Friend's LS1Edit (cable) is locked to '01 and '02 cars.

...can't decide if I want to get LS1Edit, HPtuners, or wait for EFI Live tuner
    Wait for EFILive so we can share tunes.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.