!CAGS Eliminator is Now Available
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, !CAGS Eliminator is Now Available in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; After I built my own !CAGS Eliminator back in June when I first got my V, I've been improving upon ...
    StealthV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 Z06 / 2013 F150 EcoBeast / 2008 Twin-Turbo Bimmer

Thumbs up !CAGS Eliminator is Now Available

After I built my own !CAGS Eliminator back in June when I first got my V, I've been improving upon the design and had some of our fellow forum members testing it behind the scenes before releasing it to the general public. The first official batch was completed tonight and are ready for shipment.

So if you're tired of your V forcing you from 1st to 4th gear right when you least suspect it - simply unplug the factory CAGS harness, plug the inline !CAGS Elminator in with two simple clicks and enjoy the 6-speed transmission the way it was meant to be.

Each !CAGS Eliminator is electronically tested and uses genuine GM connectors with silcone seals for ultimate protection from the elements. No sticky duct tape to fall off down the road without your knowledge, let moisture and dirt in or the need for wire ties to secure loose harnesses - the !CAGS Eliminator is a true plug and play solution.

If for some reason you wish to return the V to stock CAGS functionality, simply unplug the two ends of the !CAGS Eliminator and reconnect the factory harness connectors.

To learn more and place an order, please visit StealthV Engineering

There's more fun stuff for the V coming later this year!

Thank you,

Rick

*Note: The !CAGS Eliminator only fits the 2004 and 2005 Cadillac CTS-V and will not work on other cars such as the GTO, Corvette, Camaro or Firebird.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

sefa01 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

Re: !CAGS Eliminator is Now Available

Looks good. My order's in.

6104696 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Thumbs up Re: !CAGS Eliminator is Now Available

I got one of these and installed it yesterday. AWESOME. It took 5 minutes, and required no tools. 90 seconds to put the car on the rhinos, 2 minutes to install (no tape, no wire tie needed), 90 seconds to back the car off and put the ramps away. Since it just goes in series with the factory connectors, the is nothing to tape up and nothing to dangle near the exhaust pipe.

Went driving, and actually tried to light up the 1>4 indicator, and shifted right back into SECOND gear when it did so.

Goodbye CAGS forever!!!!!

Doug

CadV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): V2

Very clean I am in too you have money :P

jim mitchell is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by StealthV
    After I built my own !CAGS Eliminator back in June when I first got my V, I've been improving upon the design and had some of our fellow forum members testing it behind the scenes before releasing it to the general public. The first official batch was completed tonight and are ready for shipment.

So if you're tired of your V forcing you from 1st to 4th gear right when you least suspect it - simply unplug the factory CAGS harness, plug the inline !CAGS Elminator in with two simple clicks and enjoy the 6-speed transmission the way it was meant to be.

Each !CAGS Eliminator is electronically tested and uses genuine GM connectors with silcone seals for ultimate protection from the elements. No sticky duct tape to fall off down the road without your knowledge, let moisture and dirt in or the need for wire ties to secure loose harnesses - the !CAGS Eliminator is a true plug and play solution.

If for some reason you wish to return the V to stock CAGS functionality, simply unplug the two ends of the !CAGS Eliminator and reconnect the factory harness connectors.

To learn more and place an order, please visit StealthV Engineering

There's more fun stuff for the V coming later this year!

Thank you,

*Note: The !CAGS Eliminator only fits the 2004 and 2005 Cadillac CTS-V and will not work on other cars such as the GTO, Corvette, Camaro or Firebird.
    Rick

Rick...Having a hellofa time accessing your referenced websites...give me a phone number...pls
    mitch

ssvette is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Are any codes generate or do any warning lights come on?

urbanski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

wife ordering it now
    (she has the keys to Paypal )

6104696 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

nothing unusual happened with mine. started up normally. The only difference that I could tell was that instead of that silly lockout I can go right into second gear anytime I wanted to. The resistor in the connector "fools" the computer into thinking that it is still hooked up to the solenoid. It's a low voltage low current operation so that resistor should last much longer than the rest of the system!

A truly seamless, inexpensive, 5 minute driveability modification with immediately identifiable positive results. There is simply no downside that I can see. Maybe my fuel mileage may suffer by 0.1 mpg when I am in traffic but such is life.

Doug

topps is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Just ordered mine, and I can't wait. I still don't have my car back, but I will have something to do when I get it back.

pinnacle71 is offline Awaiting Email Confirmation

I already did the DIY version, but this is a much cleaner and elegant solution.
    I just ordered mine. I don't know how anyone is putting up with keeping CAGS active.
    Thanks StealthV

-Greg

urbanski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

what's even better is it's so "stealthy" of a package, the service shop will never know it's on there

Quote Originally Posted by ssvette
    Are any codes generate or do any warning lights come on?
    With the !CAGS Eliminator, no codes are generated or warning lights activated as the computer thinks the CAGS solenoid is still connected and functional. The display near the digital speedometer will still briefly flash the 1>4 symbol, but the 2nd gear gate will be open.

As others have mentioned, it is a simple five minute installation which is just as easily reversed back to the way it left the factory if needed.

Our 2005 was unaffected in fuel economy and still gets better mileage in the city and highway than the window sticker rating on the car. Friends don't let friends drive CAGS.

Thanks for the orders everyone! Remember to send in pictures of your V for the customer gallery. Rick

V

Dreamin is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 V

Sounds like you're going to have to build a few more...

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamin
    Sounds like you're going to have to build a few more...
    Yes, the first batch sold more quickly than anticipated. But have no fear, more are on the way! The target for availability/shipping of the next batch is Monday, August 9.

Thanks again to everyone that placed an order today. Rick

cadillac04 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Just placed an order for the ELIMINATOR!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to terminate the CAGS. It really looks so professional.Thanks!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.