!CAGS Eliminator is Now Available - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, !CAGS Eliminator is Now Available in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; The adjustability in length is purely a side effect of trying to pull it apart. It will not affect the ...
    StealthV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 Z06 / 2013 F150 EcoBeast / 2008 Twin-Turbo Bimmer

Re: !CAGS Eliminator is Now Available

The adjustability in length is purely a side effect of trying to pull it apart. It will not affect the function. My advice, push it together into its shortest length if for some reason it has become extended.

If you are concerned about the extended few inches of the harness, one could use a plastic tie-wrap to retain the harness more securely if that is your preference.

If you have any more questions, please don't hesitate to ask. Regards, Rick

Harley Guy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Thumbs up Re: !CAGS Eliminator is Now Available

Placed my order this morning and received my ship confirmation e-mail this afternoon. Great Service so far Can't wait to get this installed and end the stupid forced shifts once and for all. The CAGS thing is my only real major gripe on this car. When I told my wife I order it she said great. She hates it too.

Naylinden, since I don't have an email address for you - your !CAGS Eliminator was sent yesterday and should be in your mailbox on Friday or Saturday. Thanks, Rick

Harley Guy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Orderd on Monday and received it on Thursday. Going to rain here in Pittsburgh this weekend so will spend a little quality garage time installing the CAGS eliminator and putting some more chrome on the Harley.

Thank for great service Rick!

One follwo-up question. I have a 2005 V and I absolutely do not get a CAGS warning light. I have repeatedly made the CAGS operate and no light!

GNSCOTT is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Hi, Just wondering what the added costs are between a $19 Corvette/ f-bod one and a $50 one for the V? I know the V one is wired a little different.

Look at the number of Corvettes and F-bodies in the world. If you buy enough components to build 10,000 CAGS eliminators and have them made in a third world country, the cost of manufacture drop by orders of magnitude.

My !CAGS Eliminators are not built in China but by myself in small, high quality batches and use genuine Delphi GM connectors. It is the only in-line design CAGS eliminator that I've ever seen for any car, let alone one custom made for the V. It is a super easy and reversibile installation and I stand behind my product.

If you find a someone that has a better !CAGS Eliminator for the CTS-V at a lower price, buy it.

6104696 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Just to back up what StealthV said, this is a low-volume operation, with the parts being hand assembled. He has to buy the male and female parts from GM or their vendor, wire em up, lube em up, and ship em out. Not to mention the initial design work. (plus he's got to support a really bad Zaino habit, and all the medical expenses associated with the elbow damage which he incurred from applying like 50 coats of Zaino to his CTSV)

He actually got into this at the request of some of the forum members who wanted an elegent CAGS solution without waiting till LAPD got around to it, and without needing to mess with duct tape and resistors.

This seems to be a very reasonable price to me. I have one in my current V, and wouldn't think twice about buying 5 more if I had 5 other V's....(though they are so easy to install I guess i could just swap one in and out).

I am sure that you could work something out where you could buy 10,000 of them at $19 apiece!

Just my $0.02.

Doug

GNSCOTT is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Thats all I was looking to know. I would buy one at $20 or even $30. THe one I had on my camaro was all hand made by a small co. using all GM connectors. Just had to ask myself If I thought the 150% mark up on it was a fair deal, and I was and still will leave that opinion to myself.

ssvette is offline Cadillac Owners Member

All I can say is thanks again StealthV. Well worth the money. World of difference in the driving experiance.

wildwhl is offline Cadillac Owners Master

The Right Price Is, and always will be, Whatever The Market Will Bear.

Based on the brisk sales for the StealthV CAGS eliminator, I think the market is "bearing" the $49.95 modification price quite well. Hell, it is only .1% the cost of the car, and really only takes cutting out about 6-7 drive thru Starbucks trips

I've left more than that in F1SC rubber in my driveway on accident just turning the car around to wash it more easily

Besides, you can do the mod for 15 cents if you want, but it just isn't STEALTH quality and is just being CHEAP, especially on a car as fine as the V

duane wilson is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 07 cts-v

I just bought an 07 cts-v, will I need the CAGS eliminator as well or is it only 04-05?

ctsv154 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V with a little hp persuasion device

Holy hell this is an old thread. Yes you will need it if it doesn't already have it. Does it try to skip from 1st to 4th when you are driving slow?

SkullV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): NONE

Ahh a thread bump of over 5 years, this has BigJim written all over it! The CAGS eliminators from ebay work just fine, but they are a little more expensive then the ones that were offered here.

CancerJCC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04' Blown CTS-V 554rwhp 497rwtq

Quote Originally Posted by SkullV View Post
    Ahh a thread bump of over 5 years, this has BigJim written all over it! The CAGS eliminators from ebay work just fine, but they are a little more expensive then the ones that were offered here.
    Or when you get a tune have your tuner remove it.

duane wilson is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 07 cts-v

thanks for the info, I haven't driven it yet so I'm not sure how it shifts, soon to find out

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.