Stability control light comes on sporadically
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Stability control light comes on sporadically in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; I dont want to waste anyone's time so i tried to do some research on my own, but I think ...
    shellballright is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

Stability control light comes on sporadically

I dont want to waste anyone's time so i tried to do some research on my own, but I think i am to the point of where i need some help to narrow it down.
    Several weeks past I hit a pretty big pot hole in the road. Ever since, my stability control light will come on for no reason just driving down the road. I have narrowed it down to either being a bad wheel speed sensor or a steering position sensor. i hit the pot hole on the driver side of the car so i have it narrowed down to a side, but can someone tell me if there is a way to test the wheel sensors? Can you use a voltmeter to test, what if its a bad wheel hub setting it off? can you test the hub? my steering wheel is also just slightly off center in my car now, so i am thinking steering position sensor too? Can you test this sensor? Any insight on where to start and how to diagnose would be great...thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

heavymetals is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 05 maggied CTS-V, 03 maggied Z06

Re: Stability control light comes on sporadically

On mine it was the yaw sensor, located at the rear of the center console.

You can check with TECH II the steering wheel position sensor by banging on the column while monitoring and turning lock to lock.

The readings should change but not "jump around".

Check your "G" meter for funny readings also.

That was what my yaw sensor did, 1G+ readings (I don't drive it that hard)

shellballright is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

thanks for the info heavymetals...my G readings are all below 1...i think the yaw is ok if that is what it controls. do you know of a way to check the wheel speed sesnor?

UnsafeAtAnySpd is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '04 CTS-V, '07 SRT8 Jeep, '86 Fiero

It might go away. One 450 mile trip I kept getting the random Stability Control. It was happening a lot. But since then it hasn't happened again (knock on wood).

jerrycecco is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

I had my come on too a few times over the past few months...
    I get the error warnnig shortly after I start the car, but if I turn off the car for a minute then restart the error msg goes away and all is fine.

Yesterday, I had a GM/Caddy mechanic look at it, he FIRST said it's probably the "steering sensor, that's VERY common to go out"
    BUT after he inspected he found "wheel speed sensor in the left front hub bearing" so I need to replace the whole left front hub bearing

--Jerry

shadybx7 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Platinum CTS V-Headers+3in pipes

I have a similar problem. I was driving down the road and the service stabilty system warning came on and then my ABS and TC idiot lights came on. Pulld over on the highway ,Restarted the car and then the same lights popped up after a few mins. Any ideas. No warranty so Any ideas??

uwood is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade

Interesting read. My light just started going on and off shortly after the header install. If I were a betting man, I am going after the steering sensor.

dqw1 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

Mine ended up being the tire size of all things when I had 255-40-18's on. After I went back to stock, 245-45-18, it went away and never came back. I know others run way different sizes and I haven't seen this reported. My car is weird for whatever reason.

JMP1020 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS

mine does the same thing. Its an 04 cts and every day once in a while the stability control comes on ramdonly...I bought it used, and its been doing it since day one...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.