100K mile bumper to bumper warranty denied at dealer
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, 100K mile bumper to bumper warranty denied at dealer in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Hey guys I'll try to make this as short as I can... I have a 2006 Cts V black on ...
    cpsmith10 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 cts v

100K mile bumper to bumper warranty denied at dealer

Hey guys I'll try to make this as short as I can... I have a 2006 Cts V black on black and I am a 20 year old male and I took it to the dealer to have the oil changed and to have the dealer look at the motor mounts, transmission mounts, and rear end mounts because I had recently become part of the "clunk club." They called back and said there is a broken transmission mount which I suspected and a bad rear end mount or bushing. To me this was not a surprise as these are common problems with these cars. Well they said they refuse to fix the car because these are problems that come from abuse. Little back round on me, my dad restores corvetts I have a ford lightning that runs 11's as my race car and I am very familiar with cars and mechanics and the CTS V is my daily driver, it still has a paper filter run flat tires and has never seen the strip in its life. I baby this car while driving it. I am suspecting they think the car is abused because this 20 year old kid walked in with a CTS V so the dealer thinks I beat the crap out of it and I think if my dad had brought the car in as a 60 year old man they would have no problem fixing it. I recently puy cut outs on it behind the mufflers for sound and know that adds 0 horsepower. They said because of the cut outs they think the car is raced and is also another reason they will not fix it... Is this legal and should I try another dealer? It has 50,000 miles and has a 100k bumper to bumper warranty good through 2011. It just seems to me like this is incorrect and I am going "shafted" by this dealer... What do you guys think?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

ahahnu is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 LS6 Stealth Grey

Re: 100K mile bumper to bumper warranty denied at dealer

Prolly getting shafted. That's how my dealer treated me at first. Leaving the dealer sidways the first few times prolly wasn't a smart idea. After awhile they realized I did not abuse the car and we're all good.

I know they are under warranty(ish), but just get the upgraded uuc mounts and be done with it. See if you can get the parts, and they install under warranty. Try to negociate, stay calm and be nice. You attract more bees with honey....

darkman is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Try another dealer. For some reason cut outs seem to trigger problems even with dealers that are otherwise willing to look past other modifications.

Paisan is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V, 04 Armada, 11 STi Hatch

Yeah, the cutouts don't help your situation. Anything driveline related they can tie back to them if they really really wanted to. As ahahnu said, be calm, try a different dealer as well.

-mike

Yes thats what I was thinking I understand if I had cutouts were behind the manifolds or headers but I have them behind the mufflers which adds 0 horsepower and could not affect anything in the drivetrain... They do not make the car any faster or put any more stress on the drivetrain this is why I am frustrated

ahahnu is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 LS6 Stealth Grey

Most dealers are used to the blue hairs. It's a little different when trying to work with an ahem "hot rod" Also they may be belt tightening... There are too many variables, the main thing is be calm, be nice. I couldn't give to F's about someone yelling at me or giving me an attitude, but someone being nice gets my best service.

UnsafeAtAnySpd is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '04 CTS-V, '07 SRT8 Jeep, '86 Fiero

Cutouts behind the mufflers?

CTSV_510 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '06 Z06, '05 CTS-V 453rwhp/434rwtq (sold)

where are you from cpsmith? I'm sure a local member can point you in the direction of a dealer that will be more friendly.

trhs75 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Can you remove the cutouts temporarily (without too much trouble) and try another dealer? Could save you big bucks! By the way, is the warranty a GM Majorguard or something else? That could be a factor...

CTSV_510 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '06 Z06, '05 CTS-V 453rwhp/434rwtq (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by UnsafeAtAnySpd View Post
    Cutouts behind the mufflers?
    I think, I mean I hope, that he means "behind" when you're looking from the back of the car, so they are actually in front.

If I am wrong and they're really behind the mufflers, then maybe the dealer just thinks he's

ctsv154 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V with a little hp persuasion device

Quote Originally Posted by CTSV_510 View Post
    I think, I mean I hope, that he means "behind" when you're looking from the back of the car, so they are actually in front.

If I am wrong and they're really behind the mufflers, then maybe the dealer just thinks he's

blue89bird is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

tell them that they are violating the magnuson moss warranty act which is federal law and if they fail to repair it you will be contacting a whole host of govt agencies.

heavymetals is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 05 maggied CTS-V, 03 maggied Z06

That is the problem with modifying a car and expecting warranty service.

I would suggest that you demand a refund for the cost of the extended warranty if GM or their service network isn't gonna honor it.

I would borrow an exhaust if I had to.

IMHO cutouts are the equivalent of playing cards in spokes.

jpoole is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 Cadillac CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by blue89bird View Post
    tell them that they are violating the magnuson moss warranty act which is federal law and if they fail to repair it you will be contacting a whole host of govt agencies.
    agreed. GM sells cat back for these cars that add horsepower. Have them explain how the mod caused the problem.

Yes, I am sorry guys the cutouts are in front of the mufflers for sound purposes only... And I live in West Chester PA and took it to west chester cadillac and they wanted none of it. My dad was also looking into buying a new cts v from them looks like we won't b buying it from them... Sounds like they are trying really hard to lose 70 grand in my mind.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.