Cadillac Owners Forum banner

INTERESTED IN A TUNE(WAIT4ME) feedback please!!

24K views 58 replies 26 participants last post by  Shon Herron 
#1 ·
Well Im interested in a WAIT4ME TUNE and would like feedback from you guys that have dealt with him and have one???

DISCUSS!!

#2 ·
There's actually lots of feedback for him. Shouldn't be too hard to find. But in short, for a bolt-ons car, go for it.

Tony

#4 ·
And I'll third that! In addition to his initial tune when the car was essentially stock he did a free retune after adding headers, exhaust, etc. Highly recommended!:rockon:

#5 ·
worth the 160 yes but bad customer service, i wanted to know what exactly he did to for my tune.. after multiple emails and a few calls i still dont know..

#16 ·
I tried PMing you but it full..
I would really like to ask you a question or 2?

Did you dyno the vehicle before and after???
ALso was you car running cooler after the tune?
Any fuel mileage increase,
basically overall I'm looking for performance gain.

THanks in advance

#18 ·
When I first got my replacement PCM (I wanted to keep the stock unit so I could switch back for any dealer work since it is still under warranty) I noticed a little change but nothing huge. Smoother idle; quicker throttle response; better gas mileage when highway cruising, and I was pleased. That was in February.
Then last month I added B&B headers (w/gutted cats) and matching catback exhaust and changed to a 160 degree thermostat. At the same time I sent my PCM back to Jesse on a Tuesday (overnite) to change the tune to reflect the mods. He made the changes the next day and I had Hannah (his wife) overnite me the PCM back so I could put it in on Friday. They could not have been more accommodating to me in any way and even shipped it overnite before I had PayPal'd them the extra shipping costs.
The retuned PCM with the exhaust and thermostat mods had the car running 15-20 degrees cooler and pulling super hard through the gears. I have not ever dynoed the car but have had extensive experience with performance cars over the last 35 years and I can tell you it made a very significant difference which was not all attributable to the tune but the retuned PCM was able to take advantage of those modifications.:thumbsup:

Mike

#21 ·
where do you get an extra ECM? From them? I will be adding headers soon to my CIA and borla and Tstat. i understand after headers, you need a tune. i assume this service covers that? I will need a spare ECM to keep on the shelf. Just email hanna?

#22 ·
where do you get an extra ECM? From them? I will be adding headers soon to my CIA and borla and Tstat. i understand after headers, you need a tune. i assume this service covers that? I will need a spare ECM to keep on the shelf. Just email hanna?
Yes, email hanna. One of the options is to have Wait4me to send you a tuned ECM which becomes your spare. When I got mine the ECM was included in the price. That way you can keep your unaltered OEM ECM.

#23 ·
Had my W4M tune for almost a year now, couldn't be happier. Dyno results were mixed from machine to machine but I have time slips to prove I'm faster in the 1/8th than a stock V, or with similar mods. +1 for Jes. He's a busy guy, which is a good sign, so I would call or keep trying Hanna's email.

#24 ·
So, I got the wfm tune from Jesse, but it included no instructions beyond the actual install of the ecm/pcm box. I've read you should do a crank relearn (and I've seen the FAQ on how, see below), but it seems some people aren't bothering with this step.

While I guess I'm going to go ahead with this (seemingly silly) relearn process, my question is academic....

...what does this process actually do? And, with all the 'learning' that this car's computer(s) seem to do with every other change, why isn't it figuring this one out?

Danke,
Doug

NOTE: If the Crankshaft Variation Relearn is not accessible through your scan tool (some truck applications 1998 & later), perform the relearn in the following manner:

1. Turn off all of the accessories. With the Air temperature sensor and Coolant temperature within 5 degrees (Centigrade) of each other, start the engine and let it idle in Park or Neutral for two minutes.
2. Accelerate the vehicle to 55 mph at part throttle. Cruise at 55 mph for 8- 10 minutes until the engine reaches operating temperature.
3. Cruise at 55 mph for another 5-6 minutes.
4. Decelerate to 45 mph without using the brakes, and maintain 45 mph for 1 minute.
5. Perform 4 deceleration cycles, without using the brakes, of 25 seconds each where no specific speed is necessary. Returning to 45 mph for 15 seconds in between deceleration cycles.
6. Accelerate to 55 mph and cruise for 2 minutes.
7. Stop the vehicle and idle for 2 minutes with the brake applied and the transmission in Drive (automatic trans.) or Neutral (manual trans.) with the clutch depressed.

#26 ·
Hmmm.... well, I bought the damn thing, so I'm going to install it and see what happens.

Follow-up question on his 'instructions', it says I need a 7mm socket to get it out/in. Yep, that's about it. Care to tell me where the PCM is in our car? I suppose I could tape it to the hood, but I'm thinking it would just fall off at some point.

#28 ·
Hah! Obviously not so latent. Thanks for the info!

#30 · (Edited)
Haven't done it yet; probably this weekend. Depends on if I have to remove the bumper, wheel-well liner or if I can get at it completely from underneath.

If anyone knows the best (or necessary) way to get at the PCM let us know!

#32 ·
Just put mine in today. It was easy to do (it's a ten minute job) and you can do it all from underneath without removing the whole front air dam. Here are the instructions:

http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/sm/pcm.html

I drove it 20 or 30 miles (mixed city/highway), no SES light. I believe you only need to do the crank relearn if the SES goes off.

#33 ·
#34 ·
#36 ·
I believe it can if you ask him to include it. I already had a CAGS eliminator before I ordered the tune.

#37 ·
Okay, many thanks to Liqidvenom & CaliDave on this.
Here's the (any) PCM install procedure.
[btw: it's a W4M; yes, it can defeat the CAGS and can be programmed by Jesse to do a number of different things, no- no results yet (it's pouring on the east coast right now), yes, it's a worthwhile mod > jesse will retune it w/ your change in mods + you get to keep your stock/warranty safe PCM]

Here's the install...

Tools required:
7mm, 8mm, 10mm socket
Screwdriver
Flashlight
+ you'll need to jack up the front end (driver's side only)

1. jack up driver's side, front
2. disconnect negative battery terminal (8mm socket)
3. pull air/splash shield panel pins underneath car on driver's side (see pics)
4. pull splash panel down and use 10mm socket to open PCM box door
5. pull PCM down, remove (2) 7mm bolts on (2) electrical connectors
6. swap PCM, reverse procedure
7. do ignition-on 2x (don't actually start car), do third time and leave in that position for a minute
8. start car, drive like a fool, hope for no codes.
9. if no codes, report back; if codes, do crank relearn. if that doesn't fix, call jesse.

Pics...

For those that may search in the future (and there are no good links available via the search here or on the FAQ):
wait4me PCM install removal location ECM W4m tune deflector behind underneath
:bunny:

#38 ·
7. do ignition-on 2x (don't actually start car), do third time and leave in that position for a minute
Great writeup, but I must have missed this step in the instructions. What purpose does this serve?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.