Cadillac Owners Forum banner

whos interested in buying a custom splitter

16K views 78 replies 36 participants last post by  FuzzyLogic 
#1 ·
Im going to be making a custom front splitter for my V and was wondering how many might be interested in obtaining one themselves. i hope to have mine all finished up by V day so i can test out its rigidity on the track where its meant to work! also they just look awsome!! anyway if i get mine finished by Vday ill have an extra one with me if someone wants it! im going to be utilizing the ajustable front splitter bars on my ride cause i love the race inspired look but i know some will want a more smooth oem clean fit so im going to have them where they can be mounted either way! at the biginning ill be making them only in a paintable version, black ill do and if anyone wants other colors ill ship ready to paint versions. depending on interest a carbon fiber version can be had also! im am going to try my best to keep prices in the $150 range and that not alot for a full front splitter! let me know everybody THANKS !!:thumbsup:

#11 ·
x3 and pics

#7 ·
Interested. Want to see pics or drawings or something though.

#9 ·
I will get pics out as soon as i get mine made. all who might want carbon fiber hopefully knows that the price range of $150 just wont cut it but i will definately keep all costs down as much as possible! carbon has become somewhat cheaper these days but for someone not buying bulk its still way up there! if there is enough interest in CF i will definately get what it takes to make those cause i too would like a CF one on my ride but im being a bit money concious on my mods at the moment! also the splitter will definately hold the same shape as our lower front bumper.

#10 ·
i'd ike a CF skid plate also!!!!! i recently removed the plastic splash guard from the front and a sheet metal buddy is making one from aluminium for me (because the factory gm clips have worn out their holes and keep falling out) and i will bolt it up... but one from CF would be nicer

#13 ·
hmmmmm.... considering this as a looks only mod....as I'd rarely track the car to actually use it... waiting on pics and feedback from v-day.....

#18 ·
i like it, count me in.
btw, how did it perform ot the track, could you feel
the downforce in the front, did it seem more, "planted"?

also, would you please post a few more well lit detailed shots ???
i can see it well in the pictures, but some zoomed in photos, and
possibly dissasembled as well, if you don't mind to terribly???

do you have an ebay account? if not, may i suggest you open one
asap, and be ready to see you product in lights, & some paypal $$$$

#20 ·
no this particular splitter is not one piece but like i mentioned earlier a lil body filler in the seams and you'll never know !! also i do not plan on painting anything! thats something i would leave up to the buyer, i may do them in black but all depends on what ya want! this design has multiple possibilities! i can make them with the rear fender flare uprights or without! i feel some might not like the full race look so this is why i will offer in at least 2 different versions. street and race. the street version will be only the splitter itself and will be about 2" shorter on each side as not to stick out the side of the bumper. also those that may want the race version may have to do a lil fab work themselves. i do not want to make a part that perfectly fits my front end and then have ppl yelling at me wondering why it doesnt fit thiers. my thoughts are i will send the main splitter fully cut to size then send the side pieces separately. i will cut them to my patterns but will leave plenty extra for trimming and proper fit. im very knowledgable of yesterdays hot rods and muscle cars where nothing you buy fits so i do not want this to go on for you guys. i am no shop or anything im just a dude with a garage and an idea.

#21 ·
also i did not ever have a problem with any kind of understeer at the track and several times i came into some turns very hot. so i would say that yes it definately works! also my splitter sticks out from the front approximatly 2 5/8" if anyone wants more or less than that i can make it any size.

#26 ·
#28 ·
I'm very interested in either doing this myself or going with APR. If I get time, I'll give them a call soon but I just emailed APR about having a template on hand from the D3 application. If so, they should be able to take orders, I'd think. If not, they recommend using cardboard and tracing, I believe, for any custom application. I mentioned a group buy to them as well.

Any reason for wanting two piece instead of one? I assumed one piece would be less subject to flex & breakage.

If I got an APR one, it'd likely be CF but, if I made one at home, I'm not sure cored CF is a realistic price option. Any thoughts on other materials? I've seen aluminum fall apart too easily...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.