Cadillac Owners Forum banner

whos interested in buying a custom splitter

16K views 78 replies 36 participants last post by  FuzzyLogic 
#1 ·
Im going to be making a custom front splitter for my V and was wondering how many might be interested in obtaining one themselves. i hope to have mine all finished up by V day so i can test out its rigidity on the track where its meant to work! also they just look awsome!! anyway if i get mine finished by Vday ill have an extra one with me if someone wants it! im going to be utilizing the ajustable front splitter bars on my ride cause i love the race inspired look but i know some will want a more smooth oem clean fit so im going to have them where they can be mounted either way! at the biginning ill be making them only in a paintable version, black ill do and if anyone wants other colors ill ship ready to paint versions. depending on interest a carbon fiber version can be had also! im am going to try my best to keep prices in the $150 range and that not alot for a full front splitter! let me know everybody THANKS !!:thumbsup:

#66 · (Edited)
Well, I'll rephrase the sh!tload part...I had my emails mixed up

APR has what they call a Front Air Dam (which is what the renderings in this thread most resemble on their site)
Automotive exterior Bumper Bumper part Vehicle Auto part

are listed for the C6 anywhere from $900-$1100. I've got to believe something fully custom made would be higher especially if Crawford does it.

The Front Splitter (basically flat with full functional undertray)

seem to start at $375 and up and the honeycomb core ones start at $875. Same thing, higher for custom Crawford piece

#68 ·
Lord knows when I'll ever actually do anything with it, but a year or so ago I picked up a used NASCAR COT (Car of Tomorrow) splitter on Ebay. I think I paid $75 shipped? There's a 2-piece one on ebay right now for $65. If someone is looking to create something that's a pretty inexpensive base to start with.

#70 ·
bought it! I've been dying to put a front splitter together...

#74 ·
Sure. Just let me know what format is needed for the file. I haven't done anything with it, other than making that initial model. It's really just a rough shape model. Doesn't have any specific dimensions for mounting points or anything. If I was any good at aluminum welding, I'd have broken the model up into flat sections that could be cut out of 1/8 inch aluminum sheet and welded together to create the end form.

#78 ·
Edmund, how goes it? I saved my old fascia to do this same type of thing. I am way more hands on than Design software literate like You.
I started out the same way with an outline of what I wanted with the outline of the OE Bumper on a piece of 1/2' plywood. I cut the shape i wanted with my trusty jig saw and extended it under the front far enough to allow positive/supported mounting. I then covered that with a few layers of Hand layed fiberglass and applied vigorous amounts of sand paper. Wala (?) Instant tooling buck!! This may someday actually be used to make a mold that would have Glass or CF over honeycomb and be waaayyy lighter. These made in FG would be pretty cheap once the mold is finished. Perhaps I could, Naahhh!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.