Wideband o2 Placement - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Wideband o2 Placement in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; put it in your bunghole EPP had his on the drivers side when he tuned mine, but he uses EFI ...
    lollygagger8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Platinum 2004 CTS-V

Re: Wideband o2 Placement

put it in your bunghole

EPP had his on the drivers side when he tuned mine, but he uses EFI Live (you already know) But I would assume it wouldn't matter what program you use

SkullV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): NONE

Quote Originally Posted by lollygagger8 View Post
    put it in your bunghole

EPP had his on the drivers side when he tuned mine, but he uses EFI Live (you already know) But I would assume it wouldn't matter what program you use
    Yeah, most tuners either put it post cat because they don't want to remove the narrowband o2 sensors pre cat (and don't want to weld in a bung for one tune) or they put it post cat because they use a tailpipe clamp on the dyno. Either way it will read a little leaner then the true reading but they either just roughly "correct" for it or just run with it!

Twitch is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V, '00 SLS, 98 SLS, 89 Eldo, '80 Eldo

Quote Originally Posted by lollygagger8 View Post
    put it in your bunghole

At this point, I'm not worried about it showing a little lean.
    When I really get into tuning, I'll have it welded pre-cat. For now, I'll keep it a bit rich anyway.
    '05 Platinum l LPE CAI l Magnaflow l V1 (hardwired), w/ custom mount l UUC shifter l UUC Alcantara shift knob l K9 GEAR rear seat cover lHID fogs lHotchkis sways lCG-Lock l Specter Bushings l FG2s l Ground control 550/600 l MAGGIE 439RWHP/414RWTQ (Dynojet) l Heavys fire extinguisher bracket l Interceptor scan-gauge l Billet pedals l Meth l NO HEADERS l Original diff l 90mm upgrade l 2.6" drive pulley l LS7 clutch w/16lb. FW l Alcantara

Naf
    Naf is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

I have the LC-1 on the driver's side only hot wired into the NB o2 sensor.The purple is the one volt signal line, FYI...You will have to turn off the Heater option for MIL light codes..

So far i havent had any issues, For better balance if you are goin to hot wire in the NB o2 it would be better to do both sides, but if your tune is correct then its a waste of money for the trim wouldnt be that far off...I have about 1-4 point difference between my two sides. Not a big deal...But if you blow a fuse you will go into HEAVY enrichment on WB side. Been there done that...

The LM-2 is AMAZIN, got one to tune friends cars as well as my fathers boat...Wow very small, can be used alone or with PC and its Logable....Very happy with this buy..

liqidvenom is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): cts-v

sorry to bring up a dead thread but how did you guys feed the wire from the sensor into the cabin?

Twitch is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V, '00 SLS, 98 SLS, 89 Eldo, '80 Eldo

Under the dash. Big grommet for the steering linkage. Keep in mind the crazy ground offset we have on these cars.
    '05 Platinum l LPE CAI l Magnaflow l V1 (hardwired), w/ custom mount l UUC shifter l UUC Alcantara shift knob l K9 GEAR rear seat cover lHID fogs lHotchkis sways lCG-Lock l Specter Bushings l FG2s l Ground control 550/600 l MAGGIE 439RWHP/414RWTQ (Dynojet) l Heavys fire extinguisher bracket l Interceptor scan-gauge l Billet pedals l Meth l NO HEADERS l Original diff l 90mm upgrade l 2.6" drive pulley l LS7 clutch w/16lb. FW l Alcantara

CancerJCC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04' Blown CTS-V 554rwhp 497rwtq

Quote Originally Posted by Twitch View Post
    Under the dash. Big grommet for the steering linkage. Keep in mind the crazy ground offset we have on these cars.
    Yep.

thanks guys, maybe take a look at this thread and maybe lend me some advice.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...-2005-cts.html

Where did you guys get power and ground from, i just noticed that the fuse panel is in the rear of the vehicle. And what did you mean by crazy ground offset?

CancerJCC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04' Blown CTS-V 554rwhp 497rwtq

Quote Originally Posted by liqidvenom View Post
    Where did you guys get power and ground from, i just noticed that the fuse panel is in the rear of the vehicle. And what did you mean by crazy ground offset?
    I ran an 8 gauge power line straight from the fuse block up front. Then I have that powering another fuse block under my center console which is run by an ACC relay. This pic shows all of my grounds in an attempt to avoid grounding offsets (all in one spot, different lugs).

The grounding offsets cause different readings on your WB gauge and HP Tuners then what the actual sensor is putting out. To fix this you need to adjust your gauge and HP Tuners to match what you are seeing in Log Works which is raw data from the LC-1. Get ready for a LOT of reading and it will eventually make sense.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.