Cadillac Owners Forum banner

hotchkis sways.. got em? like em?

Tags
cts install
1K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  lollygagger8 
#1 ·
I had a set of Hotchkis sways on my 2000 GTP Grand Prix. It virtually eliminated my body roll and that big heavy car cornered like a champ. I see hitchkis has a set for the V, not cheap = $400. anyone got em and like them? was there any pluses or minuses with before and after or the install?

:cool:

#2 ·
Love my Hotchkis sways. Installed them at the same time that I installed my rear strut tower brace from Lindsay. The car feels infinitely more planted at the track. If you find a used set make sure to call Hotchkis and get the updated front brackets and collar kit.

#3 ·
The V is so good to start with, I guess I didn't notice a major handling improvement (unlike Ted and I'm sure others).

Nonetheless, combined with the GC kit with Eibach springs and being lowered about 3/4", the car corners great! VERY flat.

Do it again? Heck yeah!

(BTW, you can unload your OEM bars to a CTS owner for a C-note. I did. :cool:)

#4 ·
Glad I was too lazy to sell my stock bars. Just took the hotchkis off the front. I'm sure they make a difference at the track, but I didn't feel anything on the streets.
Its a very tight clearance if the car is lowered.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.