V-day III Monday June 29th
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, V-day III Monday June 29th in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; the third V-Day track extravaganza will be held Monday June 29th AT Summit Point raceway (Summit Point WV) on the ...
    Lindsay Cadillac Parts is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): All of them

V-day III Monday June 29th

the third V-Day track extravaganza will be held Monday June 29th AT Summit Point raceway (Summit Point WV) on the "main" circuit. in our 2 prior V-Day's we have packed the track with 40+ CTS and STS V's. I hope to reach 60 this time. $250.00 gets you 5 20 minute track sessions, classroom time to hone your skills, and a catered lunch. we have helmet rentals available and discounted hotel rooms for the out of towners. I am currently working on some involvment from GM/Cadillac. folks that were at V-Day 1 & 2 will remember that Cadillac was kind enough to bring the 2009 CTS-V out for some hot laps (before the car was in showrooms). Should be a few more things to announce over the coming months but dont delay sign up early!! give me a call and I will get the registration to you. any questions feel free to call or email.

Luke--703-824-9670
    Attached Images
    Luke Butler
    703-647-8670
    lbutler@lindsaycadillac.com

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

justin311 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS-V

Re: V-day III Monday June 29th

I'm in.

RVO27 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Woo Hoo!!! Count me in!!!

Learjet is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V, 05 ESV

Yeah Baby - I feel the need for speed.

You know I am in!!!

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by TaVern View Post
    V-Day I had the wet track in the morning, which pissed me off. V-Day III will be much better (knocking on my wood).
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    Except for 2, that was a great way to learn the V, or re-learn...
    On V-Day I, I was totally new to this. The rain actually helped in a way by forcing us to be slow at first, especially important as we noobs learned the various track rules and signals and actually how to drive. As the day and the track dried up, we ramped up the speed with each session.

I don't need to preach to the experienced guys; you're the choir. But, if you other guys have never done this before and have always wondered what it's all about, I HIGHLY recommend it. I was way cautious out there (my rear tires were worse than I thought), but learning the techniques of slow in, fast out, being shown on paper what the term apex was all about, and having an instructor ride along providing his/her insight made this much more than just trying to drive fast in a controlled environment.

All I can say is DON'T end up next July muttering, "I wish I had gone." Do it!

As for me, I'll see you all at V-Day IV.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

qqik4u is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS-V

Count me in Luke - V-day I and II were great. I can't wait to hear what special surprise you have in store for us.

Every time I got on the track world problems seem to disappear - In today's world I wish this day was monthly. might look into Friday at the track. hmmm

Mick -

ewill3rd is offline Cadillac Technician
    Automobile(s): none

Can't wait to see all you guys again!
    Now that my knee has mended maybe I can do some ride alongs.
    Plus I get an excuse for a day off work!

ccextra1976 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V raven black

Quote Originally Posted by 814V View Post
    got some stock wheels today! luke you can pretty much count me in. i dont know if i will be driving from the left coast alone or not. anyone want to split a room by the track?
    i talked to luke this morning, minus a last minute deployment i am in!!! I will split a room...driving from florida...

hey luke how do i get info on the "discount" room? im kinda from out of town
    discount hotel info will be ready early next week

[QUOTE=ccextra1976;1779135]I think there is garage space so just bring some with you and we will change it...

no garage space at Summit Point.
    Luke Butler
    703-647-8670

ssstealth is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 06 STS-V, 94 Fleetwood TS

Winchester VA is the closest "civilization" to Summit Point. They have all of the normal players (Pep Boys, Jiffy Lube, etc.) in the oil change world and most are open Sunday.

ok awesome thanks.. ill figure something out. is there a plan for everyone to meet up a day early or anything? get some beers or something? i just need to plan when i should arrive for the party!
    everyone (at least at V-Day 1&2) that is cominig in from out of town stays at the same hotel the night before (discounted rate info coming soon) and goes out to a local sports bar.
    Luke Butler
    703-647-8670

Don't forget to call and register......I know it's early but might as well get it out of the way

Luke---703-824-9670
    Luke Butler
    703-647-8670

10 signed up allready!! if you are interested but havent called/emailed me thinking it's to early, don't delay!!
    Luke Butler
    703-647-8670

Feffman is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

If you plan on doing track days on a regular basis, I'd suggest getting an "SA" rated helmet (SA2005 will be good until 2015ish) as more and more organizations are requiring the SA rated helmets for liability purposes. Visit www.TeamSimpson.com.

Feff

Quote Originally Posted by Kmajecki View Post
    Hey 814V and bigREDfreshness, if I end up going i could meet up with you guys on I-40 in Little Rock. I'd be coming from Dallas and just when i thought i had a far drive, it looks like yours is almost twice mine! Little Rock looks close to your halfway point.

I had a quick question. I am about to purchase a helmet and wonder what helmet type will be needed for Summit Point V Day III. I am sure a SA2005 will work, but i am looking at getting a Snell M-2005 helmet due to price and from what i read M-2005 typically provide a wider range of view than SA2005. What do you guys think?
    here is how it has been explained to me...the SA provides protection from multiple impacts as where the M is one smack and its done. WE are STRONGLY reccomending folks coming to VDay3 to have an SA2000 or better. I will have a limited # of rentals at $40.00 ea (need to sign up for one on the registration form) or have access to a number of entry level helmets (if you plan on making this a hobby!!) for around $210.00
    Luke Butler
    703-647-8670

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.