Cadillac Owners Forum banner
2K views 21 replies 11 participants last post by  Vedder 
#1 ·
Hey guys, those of you that have already spent the money on one of these give us some feedback. I just want to consolidate opinions so that we don't have to pick up info here and there in other threads.

:burn:

#4 ·
Depends on your dealer. I received my Mallett Shifter assembly today and they won't install it. In their words, "...we don't install ANY parts not manufactured or authorized by GM." I wonder if window tinting is a GM part, or GM authorized?

I think I'm going to try the BMR kit first since it is less expensive and an easy install. I'll post my results here.

#6 ·
Cal said:
apples and oranges in my opinion. The FG2 are high priced high performance shocks, and will make a huge difference in cornering/handling. The BMR kit is for wheel hop.
I agree, Cal, but I'm wondering if the BMR kit alone is an inexpensive solution for the wheel hop. I'm sure I'll end up with both eventually...but since my dealer SUCKS, I don't think the FG2 is an option for me at the moment. :(

#7 ·
The one fellow had said he'd sell his FG2 for $850 in another thread.

You don't have to have them dealer installed but of course I would if I were you to prevent warranty gripes from them. Try another dealer maybe? Call Cadillac's main # and complain and see if that shapes them up.

#12 ·
Just a few questions.....

How much difference is there in the day-to-day ride quality with the FG2's?

Some people are saying the FG2's completely eliminated wheel hop and others are saying that it didn't. Anybody care to comment?

Somebody also said the BMR Kit increased road noise inside the cabin... how much more noise?

Does the BMR Kit have any affect the ride quality?

#19 ·
Vedder,

I have a local shop that is very good. He is an authorized Kenny Bell installation shop and does a lot of LS1/6 work. Depending on your location, he might know another good place close to you that you use.
I will use him for the BMR kit when I get it. I tried to order it today but they closed just before I called!

Chris..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.