Tire Choices for STOCK sizes - Page 7
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Like Tree7Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Tire Choices for STOCK sizes in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; I'm all for the group buy. " PJgross " gets nothing though.... Yes it was an old thread. What of ...
    Sullyfx is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05' CTS-V Platinum

Re: Tire Choices for STOCK sizes

I'm all for the group buy. " PJgross " gets nothing though.... Yes it was an old thread. What of it.... Your telling me people don't need tires anymore? Jk, but seriously no discount for you.

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by Sullyfx View Post
    I'm all for the group buy. ...
    I'm in.

(Sorry, PJ. You gotta be nicer to the noobs. )
    thebigjimsho and thebigjimsho like this.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

I'm a total Michelin suckup! What can I get?

BTW, get PSS out for the V2 sizes, pronto!

Quote Originally Posted by PJGross View Post
    This thread was 6 years old. Ironic you found a 6 year old thread on tires to reply to and you just happen to work for a tire company?

I'm not sure about the forum rules on pushing products, but I'm sure there are more current, relevant tire discussion threads that could benefit from some biased contributions.

-PJ
    Normally I agree. But for some Michelins? Shaddup!
    rand49er and rand49er like this.

I'm not pushing anything. I'll end up putting BFG's on mine. Yes, its still a Michelin, but more bang for the buck. If you all are serious about a group bye I'll do what I can. I work in the Department of Defense group, so my connections with the Passenger side are limited to mostly employee situations. But if I have some numbers I can get to the sales force and see what can be done.

Also, I do have access to the discontinued tire program. V sizes are not on there often, but when they are!!!!!!
    Example: 240/40R18 Pilot SS $100 each... Those are gone, but they do come around here and there...
    I can post them when I see them, but it will have to be quick!

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

... I work in the Department of Defense group, so my connections with the Passenger side are limited ...
    Okay, Hum V guys ... GROUP BUY!
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

kevm14 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 Stealth Gray CTS-V

As a newbie to this forum I need to start posting. This conversation is right up my alley since I work for Michelin.... Yes a little biast, but I also see the raw data from testing. The new Pilot Sport is amazing! It was the first upgrade I did to mine. Its all about bang for the buck though right?
    Tried the Conti DW, then switched to the new PSS. Best tire ever.

I also wanted to add that while the PS2 is still $326/ea, the new PSS is only $247/ea at Tirerack. And it's the PS2's successor. The price (and my dissatisfaction with the DWs) is what caused me to try my first Michelin tire ever. They are great. See my comments in another thread.

ronr is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

I'd be in for a group buy.
    '04 Platinum, Maggie, Corsa cat back, StealthV tune, UUC short throw shifter, Autovation Pedals, Lingenfelder CAI, GC coilovers, Hotchkis sway bars, UUC braided brake lines, Katech LS9 clutch, Level V RPM Transmission, Creative Steel engine & trans mounts

Quote Originally Posted by kevm14 View Post
    Tried the Conti DW, then switched to the new PSS. Best tire ever.

I also wanted to add that while the PS2 is still $326/ea, the new PSS is only $247/ea at Tirerack. And it's the PS2's successor. The price (and my dissatisfaction with the DWs) is what caused me to try my first Michelin tire ever. They are great. See my comments in another thread.
    Yeah, looks that way all across the product line. They are going to sell a BOATLOAD of these. If I went with a 20" TSW wheel to DD, I could've gotten the PSS. But since I stayed with my stock 19s, I have to wait. aww...

kevm14 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 Stealth Gray CTS-V

I hope they aren't sacrificing QA to get the price down. Mine are great and needed less weights to balance than the DWs.

Quote Originally Posted by kevm14 View Post
    I hope they aren't sacrificing QA to get the price down. Mine are great and needed less weights to balance than the DWs.
    I really think Michelin used a lot of the tech it developed in F1 to make the PS2 as good as it was. Since less development goes into the evolutionary progression than with a blank sheet, the costs are lower. Or, so I assume...

Without boasting too much about the company I work for..... Michelin truly does invest in the research and development of there products.

That being said: An update on the group buy....

As of right now I know I could get a good bit of rebates at the very least. If you live in the upstate of South Carolina I could do a lot more!
    ( Let me know if you are )

I'll keep digging on it and see what I can come up with. Looks like I will have to go through dealers rather than Michelin directly. policies and such...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.