Cadillac Owners Forum banner

URGENT: car keeps running after turned off.

4K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  CancerJCC 
#1 · (Edited)
I looked at a 2005 CTS-V today, but the car had two problems. Pleas help me determine how to adjust my offer.

1. The car runs for about two or three seconds, then shakes and shuts down after turning the ignition off. Is this normal for a high compression engine or is it a problem?

2. Error code P0708 - is this a CAGS problem? It never made me skip-shift when I was test driving it.

Would this be enough to scare you from buying the car at a good price?

Thanks a lot.

#5 ·
i have a 2005 sts and i was driving the car and got to were i need to and shut the car off and the engine still was running everything else was shut off but the engine os i pulled the relay to the fuel pump to shut the engien down and i unhooked the battery ,has any one else had this problem oh the other thing is the start button has alot of wear on it and for a car that does not have lot of miles on it i thought maybe it . not sure though iam looking for a place to buy taillight assembly anyone know were to buy a used one for the driver side or a new one !

#6 ·
Reactions: AAIIIC
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.