Interesting e-bay V "item" - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Interesting e-bay V "item" in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; I am an IT consultant as well, and I agree on some of the things you said about service and ...
    DgtalPimp is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): CTS-V CAI, CAM, BB X-pipe, Baer Extreme Plus

Re: Interesting e-bay V "item"

I am an IT consultant as well, and I agree on some of the things you said about service and helping friends for free.

If your services are purchased and you or your work doesn't perform then you and your company are responsible for the work, costs to fix/repair, and the lost time. If you help your friend and his computer fries, you have a personal responsibility, but that is it. You may or may not help him out of the jam.

While I agree the person selling the information is not "screwing" someone, he is profiting on something he most likely didn't earn. It has been said if he found this on his own and put in the time and effort, and then he should be compensated for his efforts. If he read this or other boards and said hey I'll make a quick buck, then I agree with free enterprise thinking and suggest we supplement the supply of information (give it away for free) and therefore reduce the demand (price).

In consulting you often negotiate rates for your service; this is the same thing as you are talking about on the free vs. paying for service. One customer maybe will to pay a higher rate for your service, while customer two is only willing to pay 80% of that rate. Neither of the customers is getting screwed, they are paying for the value of that service. I am suggesting we make this information as well as future information free to our friends (board members and others willing to benefit from this). If said person wanted to contact TDogg8 and have him provide a different service (push the button for me) then they should pay for the additional service.

The other topic that seems to be popping up a lot on here is the litigious nature of today's society. It seems that everyone wants everything for free. I am the first to stand up for a person that has been wronged, but I also think people should take some responsibility for their actions. I wonder what will happen if I order hot coffee and I spill it on my lap. Verdict is I sue Mickey D's for a fat wad and take no responsibility for my actions. It would be totally different if I ordered a frosty cold beverage and Ronald him self came out, poured hot coffee in my eyes, and then had his way with my dog in the back seat. I digress, instead of suing to make profit, we should look to right the wrongs, dare I say with out litigation?

(Pushes soapbox back under the table)
    Dgtal

BUILDINGCTSAMG is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Im shocked that people think that he is just trying to make an honest living...what about if i locked and deleted everythread on here and sold everything on ebay....thats pretty damn crappy i would say.....hes getting what he deserves by trying to make a ton of money off something that can be found for free.....imagine if i started selling you air...thats basically what hes doing....btw im charging the 30 cents to simply cover the costs of the auction..

T_Dogg8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade EXT 2003 CTS

Quote Originally Posted by BUILDINGCTSAMG
    Im shocked that people think that he is just trying to make an honest living...what about if i locked and deleted everythread on here and sold everything on ebay....thats pretty damn crappy i would say.....hes getting what he deserves by trying to make a ton of money off something that can be found for free.....imagine if i started selling you air...thats basically what hes doing....btw im charging the 30 cents to simply cover the costs of the auction..
    first off, no one know whether he found the info on the net or he did it himself. chances are he found it, but you can't say that for certain.

ever bought a cookbook?? i hope not since you got screwed. you can just go online and find all the recipes you need. i sure hope you don't buy a newspaper, all the news is online too. better be careful be careful buying video that shows the proper way to train for a sport or to hit the perfect golf swing, that info is on the web too.

so while you're selling your air, are you going to sell water and ice also??

personally, i think he's trying to make a quick buck. he might have found the crack all on his won and deserves to get the money or maybe he didn't. either way he's not doing anything to screw anyone or anything that's not being with A LOT of other things.

urbanski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

well it is kinda sad that the person who buys this hack (if somebody does) isn't internet savvy enough to google cts-v dvd or cts-v dvd hack. The first result is the link to this forum from ls1tech.

I mean...you'd really have to have never used the internet to buy this item....to not know google or forums exist...but then again, why would you be on e-bay in that case???

T_Dogg8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade EXT 2003 CTS

Quote Originally Posted by urbanski
    well it is kinda sad that the person who buys this hack (if somebody does) isn't internet savvy enough to google cts-v dvd or cts-v dvd hack. The first result is the link to this forum from ls1tech.

I mean...you'd really have to have never used the internet to buy this item....to not know google or forums exist...but then again, why would you be on e-bay in that case???
    that's why i don't feel bad for the person. basically they're paying for someone to give them the info instead of getting it themselves. i have no problem with that. if someone wanted to pay me to look something up on the internet, i wouldn't feel like i'm screwing them. heck, sometimes i have users who get an error i've never seen before, so i google it and sometimes find the fix right away. they could've done the same thing and the company wouldn't have to pay to have me come do it.

urbanski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

anybody else notice the quantity of "items" is 10? He's trying to make 190 bux.

Damn...that's almost enought for a CAIK....I'm gonna sell the URL to this forum for $5, offer 40 in quantity, and buy mine that way j/k

Two things.

One: Selling air and water is completely expected (you think no one buys bottled air or bottled water?)

I do not think he is making a honest money IF he got the information from a free source (this or other boards) and is selling it. I do think we can alter the buying patterns of people by posting, educating, and flat out giving away information for free. I am not advocating giving away free service, this is totally different. For example when miscreant gives away free information here that is one thing (which is very funny since his name implies something very different), when you show up at his dealership you better expect to pay (not trying to speak for you miscreant). If you ask me a quick question about something technical I will probably tell you as it educates the public. You can how ever ask me to show up and pay my consulting fee for more in depth consulting.

Two: Rereading the posts here I am still laughing at my Ronald post

Dgtal

ctsvett is offline FAQ is your Friend
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Its funny, but I am paying now (about $120/year) to host the FAQ and I am making NO money on it at all. I dont have advertisers (dont necessarily want them) and I am not going to charge for this information ever... This is just a central storage place for the GREAT information that everyone here comes up with. What right do I have to charge for this? I offer this site and my services to maintain it FOR FREE as service to everyone here (and anywhere else) for helping to find out this information, procedures, pictures, etc. If I post it, someone most likely posted it for free somewhere else....

Of course, this is my opinion and anyone is free to do what they want including charing for bottled water and air...

This is kinda a bad time to be bringing this up. Ignore that the site is down today as I am moving to the new server. HAHA.

Reed
    http://www.cadillacfaq.com

Looking the other way until the site is up.

Clintonwmills is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

All i know is i found out how to do it, so I get half! Sell away!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.