Interesting e-bay V "item" - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Interesting e-bay V "item" in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; ...
    T_Dogg8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade EXT 2003 CTS

Re: Interesting e-bay V "item"

Quote Originally Posted by DgtalPimp
    T-dogg - I am not trying to screw the guy selling. I am trying to help the guys looking. The thing about the free enterprise system is I can put up a lemonade aid stand and charge what ever I want; let’s say $50 a glass. You can put up a stand next to mine (following all local laws of lemonade stands and proximity of each other) and charge 50 cents. Any customers that want to buy my lemonade aid will. Any that see the value in the service you are providing with patron your establishment.

Dgtal
    i agree with what you're saying completely. i just think if he's able to sell it, great. it just started to sound like people were making a joke out of it and wanted to post to screw him. and i don't think that's right.

DgtalPimp is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): CTS-V CAI, CAM, BB X-pipe, Baer Extreme Plus

T-Dogg8

Wanna buy my $50 a glass lemonade aid? It's really good.

Dgtal

BUILDINGCTSAMG is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

I am trying to screw the guy....and get more feedback for the ebay item...its less about me screwing him then him screwing us, he takes our ideas and sells them, if this keeps happening this kinda forum could die because people would rather sell their ideas then give them out for free, also people would be less likely to become supporting members and help this site stay alive....he pisses me off and all im doing is sell a similar product, he doesnt have the right to it.

ok....again, i'll say it, i agree with you. however, i don't think if i'm selling lemonade for 50 cents, someone should come over and say 'for a penny i'll tell you how to make your own lemonade' he's trying (and i say trying since last time i checked he didn't have any buyers) to sell the instructions, and you're trying to give them away. if you can search ebay and find it, you can search the web and find it. search for cadillac forums on google and this is the first choice. search here for the answer and you have it. very simple. if someone would rather go on ebay and pay for it, then fine, i'm not going to go tell them where it is. if they come here i will.

miscreant is offline GM Connection

Quote Originally Posted by DgtalPimp
    Instead of flames you should expect backing. Some times people just need to remeber nothing is free.

Dgtal
    My attention was drawn to the notion of posting the fix itself and ruining the guys auction out of spite. If you want to compete by running another auction for less, that's competition, but doesn't totally screw him.
    2004 Cadillac CTS (**SOLD** ): http://www.ctsowners.com
    2004 Pontiac GTO: http://www.myyellowgto.com

Quote Originally Posted by BUILDINGCTSAMG
    I am trying to screw the guy....and get more feedback for the ebay item...its less about me screwing him then him screwing us, he takes our ideas and sells them, if this keeps happening this kinda forum could die because people would rather sell their ideas then give them out for free, also people would be less likely to become supporting members and help this site stay alive....he pisses me off and all im doing is sell a similar product, he doesnt have the right to it.
    he's not screwing you unless you buy it. don't buy it = not screwed. if he has no right to it, that means it's someone else's idea who posted it somewhere like here. therefore, him selling his idea is in no way putting this site in danger. if he did think it up on his own, then he does have a right to it and there can sell it.

Quote Originally Posted by BUILDINGCTSAMG
    Is he a forum member? Can we be sure he came here and found the fix here?

Quote Originally Posted by miscreant
    Is he a forum member? Can we be sure he came here and found the fix here?
    no one knows whether he found it himself or maybe even bought it from someone who found it on their own. if that's the case, i have no problem with him selling it. if he put in the time to figure it out, then he deserves to get something back if he wants it. i'm EXTREMELY grateful for all the people on here who spend time finding fixes and shortcuts and then posting them here for free. it has helped me on a lot of issues, but at the same time, if they wanted paid for that info, i think they earned it.

DgtalPimp is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): CTS-V CAI, CAM, BB X-pipe, Baer Extreme Plus

My attention was drawn to the notion of posting the fix itself and ruining the guys auction out of spite. If you want to compete by running another auction for less, that's competition, but doesn't totally screw him.
    I was in total agreement with your posting. I think you SHOULD post the instructions as a method of "giving" them away for free.

Dgtal

i don't know. i just look at it, if someone will pay for it, then good for him. if it's that big of a scam, then eventually the chips will fall and he won't sell anything.

Brett is offline Watching the Watchers

in the spirit of a free market, i agree with all of you

GNSCOTT is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

So its OK to screw people because they don't know how to find it on a bb?

CTSV OWNER is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTSV

Ok so if I buy this info from him and have a accident due to useing the information he "SOLD" me can I hold him liable for any damages? I'm not sue happy but I'm sure some slick money hungry people would bite at the chance.

Quote Originally Posted by GNSCOTT
    So its OK to screw people because they don't know how to find it on a bb?
    Okay, I'll bite. Let's sue Tylenol for screwing us out of money. Cause I can buy Equate brand 500mg Acetaminophen for $3.00 less. Or how about that book on the shelf, "How to lose 50lbs in 10 days" - but I can't seem to lose those 50lbs. Heck, draft those papers up on me folks. I bought some Doc Martens at a garage sale for .10 cents and sold them on ebay for $15.50 - boy I really screwed someone.

Okay, I'll bite. Let's sue Tylenol for screwing us out of money. Cause I can buy Equate brand 500mg Acetaminophen for $3.00 less. Or how about that book on the shelf, "How to lose 50lbs in 10 days" - but I can't seem to lose those 50lbs. Heck, draft those papers up on me folks. I bought some Doc Martens at a garage sale for .10 cents and sold them on ebay for $15.50 - boy I really screwed someone.
    you better hope someone doesn't trip while wearing those doc marten's or they might sue you

no, i don't think they can sue him because he says 'not for use by the driver' so he can't be sued any easier than someone here giving it away. if there's a lawyer here (and i'm sure there is) maybe you can correct me if i'm wrong, but i don't think the fact money is being exchanged will change that arguement. if i'm wrong about that, i apologize in advance.

i don't think the guy is screwing anyone. he's selling them something that works. if what he is selling doesn't work, then he is screwing them. but he is selling a service. if someone is cutting people's hair for free, does that mean the person next door who is charging people and not telling them about the free haircuts is screwing their customers?? i don't think so. i'm an IT consultant. sometimes i do work for friends for free and sometimes i charge people, but i don't feel i'm screwing the people i charge.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.