Damn! High Oil Temp and alarms? Here is a fix for it (page 7 post #98).
Cadillac
 

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 228
Like Tree2Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Damn! High Oil Temp and alarms? Here is a fix for it (page 7 post #98). in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; I know that many have had problems with their Oil Temps reading incorrectly.... Mine has been acting up lately, and ...
  1. #1
    CtsVrod's Avatar
    CtsVrod is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V / 06 Escalade
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    So Cal - Agoura Hills
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,111

    Thumbs down Damn! High Oil Temp and alarms? Here is a fix for it (page 7 post #98).

    I know that many have had problems with their Oil Temps reading incorrectly.... Mine has been acting up lately, and after the 3rd dealer visit, it still went off on me today on the freeway. It seems to stay ok until warmed up (approx 30 mins) then jumps up to around 240-250 then if I slow down/stop, or Turn on the A/C it Jumps up to 300 and Ding Ding... SOOOO ANNOYING! Its weird because it seems to be Steady, but high, until i come to a stop, or turn on A/C, The dealer has done the Ground Fix, 2 times at one dealer, and 1 time at another... I got off the phone with them and want me to bring it back on Monday. Seems like my car is at the dealer more than at my house
    Anyone Ever Resolve this Issue?? Anyone have the same problems when turning on their A/C?? I would just ignore it, if it wasnt for that stupid Chiming Sound going off!

  2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    nxlr8's Avatar
    nxlr8 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 Platinum CTS-V
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Aurora, IL
    Posts
    446

    re: Damn! High Oil Temp and alarms? Here is a fix for it (page 7 post #98).

    I didn't think this was a problem on the '05's... but maybe you have one that didn't make the upgrade cut-off...

    The FAQ is your friend...
    http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/oilguage.html

  4. #3
    CtsVrod's Avatar
    CtsVrod is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V / 06 Escalade
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    So Cal - Agoura Hills
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,111
    Thread Starter

    re: Damn! High Oil Temp and alarms? Here is a fix for it (page 7 post #98).

    Quote Originally Posted by nxlr8 View Post
    I didn't think this was a problem on the '05's... but maybe you have one that didn't make the upgrade cut-off...

    The FAQ is your friend...
    http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/oilguage.html
    I have the CadillacFaq Memorized - Doesn't Help

    Either way... That is an OLD fix, that no longer applies, the new TSB is to Re-Wire the Ground Wire from the Sensor to the Kick Panel... This supposedly fixes it, but not mine!!

  5. #4
    heavymetals's Avatar
    heavymetals is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 05 maggied CTS-V, 03 maggied Z06
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    8,663

    re: Damn! High Oil Temp and alarms? Here is a fix for it (page 7 post #98).

    The grounds that are on the back of the heads can be a problem source also.

    Also, check your battery ground.

  6. #5
    ewill3rd is offline Cadillac Technician
    Automobile(s): none
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    WOODBRIDGE, VA
    Age
    46
    Posts
    11,062

    re: Damn! High Oil Temp and alarms? Here is a fix for it (page 7 post #98).

    Did they try replacing the sensor?
    Bulletins are good but sometimes the car actually has a bad part on it.

  7. #6
    CTSV_Rob's Avatar
    CTSV_Rob is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V Thunder Gray; 2004 Cowboy Cadillac (SRT10)
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Sunny CA.
    Age
    48
    Posts
    17,667

    re: Damn! High Oil Temp and alarms? Here is a fix for it (page 7 post #98).

    ^^ Words of Wisdom

  8. #7
    Naf's Avatar
    Naf
    Naf is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,089

    re: Damn! High Oil Temp and alarms? Here is a fix for it (page 7 post #98).

    Oil Cooler is your friend... The LPE adaptor, one 150 coupler and one 180 coupler as well as a 8-10 pass cooler will solve any heat issues you may have...I am runnin at 220F in the oil Pan while the ambient temp is about 120+...

    With all the hot ambient temp hooverin in that engine bay you need to cool it all off.

    I presently have a 8 pass on and am thinkin of upgradin to the ten pass but i need to do a few things prior to that.

    1. Need to remove front bumper, then send to body shop for paintin...Scrapped it on the way down a ramp.
    A. Remove Condensor / Radiator / Radiator Fan
    2. Install New Camshaft
    3. Send side fenders to body shop to make Brackets to hold on new CF ones
    4. Change all Bulbs in Headlights to be Low amp draw and high output.
    5. Put it all back together...

    Then Drive Drive Drive

  9. #8
    atdeneve is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    2,114

    re: Damn! High Oil Temp and alarms? Here is a fix for it (page 7 post #98).

    Quote Originally Posted by Naf View Post
    Oil Cooler is your friend... The LPE adaptor, one 150 coupler and one 180 coupler as well as a 8-10 pass cooler will solve any heat issues you may have...I am runnin at 220F in the oil Pan while the ambient temp is about 120+...

    With all the hot ambient temp hooverin in that engine bay you need to cool it all off.

    I presently have a 8 pass on and am thinkin of upgradin to the ten pass but i need to do a few things prior to that.

    1. Need to remove front bumper, then send to body shop for paintin...Scrapped it on the way down a ramp.
    A. Remove Condensor / Radiator / Radiator Fan
    2. Install New Camshaft
    3. Send side fenders to body shop to make Brackets to hold on new CF ones
    4. Change all Bulbs in Headlights to be Low amp draw and high output.
    5. Put it all back together...

    Then Drive Drive Drive
    Naf, you're gonna have to fill me in on the details there once you get that done. I remember you briefly mentioning the problem before, but I didn't really get the whole picture. I'll have to bug ya later.

  10. #9
    r_casino is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): SRX, CTS-V
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    155

    re: Damn! High Oil Temp and alarms? Here is a fix for it (page 7 post #98).

    It was the battery ground for me. But I was pretty sure mine was not truly a high temp issue with the oil because it was jumping around wildly in my case (240 to 300 back to 245 up to 310 all within seconds, and up and down with AC like in your case). If its heading up after warming and staying up, I would be sure to check it out.

  11. #10
    CtsVrod's Avatar
    CtsVrod is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V / 06 Escalade
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    So Cal - Agoura Hills
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,111
    Thread Starter

    re: Damn! High Oil Temp and alarms? Here is a fix for it (page 7 post #98).

    Quote Originally Posted by r_casino View Post
    It was the battery ground for me. But I was pretty sure mine was not truly a high temp issue with the oil because it was jumping around wildly in my case (240 to 300 back to 245 up to 310 all within seconds, and up and down with AC like in your case). If its heading up after warming and staying up, I would be sure to check it out.
    Good to Know... Im gonna have to check that out once i get home

  12. #11
    stuckey's Avatar
    stuckey is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Alabama
    Age
    32
    Posts
    938

    re: Damn! High Oil Temp and alarms? Here is a fix for it (page 7 post #98).

    Quote Originally Posted by CtsVrod View Post
    I I would just ignore it, if it wasnt for that stupid Chiming Sound going off!
    Where ear plugs IMO! j/k I have an 04 and in the summer heat here in alabama mine stays pretty steady in the 200 range havent noticed any jumps in temp or bells goin off.

  13. #12
    rjoffe is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    1,591

    re: Damn! High Oil Temp and alarms? Here is a fix for it (page 7 post #98).

    Stop and go traffic 65 Degrees out yesterday, and my oil temp was in the 250-270 Range.

    Heading to Lindsay on Thursday, and will report back if the TSB takes care of the issue.

  14. #13
    AAIIIC's Avatar
    AAIIIC is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Where the Navy takes me...
    Posts
    3,893

    re: Damn! High Oil Temp and alarms? Here is a fix for it (page 7 post #98).

    Quote Originally Posted by Naf View Post
    Oil Cooler is your friend... The LPE adaptor, one 150 coupler and one 180 coupler as well as a 8-10 pass cooler will solve any heat issues you may have...I am runnin at 220F in the oil Pan while the ambient temp is about 120+...
    I think you missed the part where he clearly described an electrical problem. Turning the A/C one doesn't magically cause the oil to actually go from 240F to 300+F in a matter of seconds, but that's what the display will show. Spending good money on an oil cooler isn't going to fix an electrical problem.
    '05 Stealth Grey CTS-V, Hyper Silver Linea Corse Venetos w/Continental ExtremeContact DWs (summer), black Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2 wheels with 275/35-18 R-compounds (track), Hyperblack Rota Torques (winter), KW Variant3s, V2 front brakes, Hotchkis rear sway bar, EPS cam, TEA-ported 243 heads, FAST92 intake w/LS2 TB, JBA Camaro/G8 1-3/4" shorty headers w/JBA cat pipes, Corsa exhaust, UUC motor and tranny mounts, UUC shifter, MAPerformance trailing arms, Specter cradle bushings, etc...

  15. #14
    Naf's Avatar
    Naf
    Naf is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,089

    re: Damn! High Oil Temp and alarms? Here is a fix for it (page 7 post #98).

    Quote Originally Posted by AAIIIC View Post
    I think you missed the part where he clearly described an electrical problem. Turning the A/C one doesn't magically cause the oil to actually go from 240F to 300+F in a matter of seconds, but that's what the display will show. Spending good money on an oil cooler isn't going to fix an electrical problem.
    Na, its always better to have a cooler no matter your issues...

  16. #15
    LV_V's Avatar
    LV_V is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '11 Evo Green V Coupe - 6MT
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,684

    re: Damn! High Oil Temp and alarms? Here is a fix for it (page 7 post #98).

    Quote Originally Posted by heavymetals View Post
    The grounds that are on the back of the heads can be a problem source also.

    Also, check your battery ground.
    What do you mean by "check your battery ground"? I am trying to sell my V but want to resolve this oil temp gauge issue before doing so. The dealer already did the TSB, twice, and the issue has come back...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Bookmarks

Cadillac Posting Rules

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Read about Lincoln | Buick | Kia Forte Forum
Need products for your Cadillac? Check out your options at the links below:

custom floor mats | Cadillac Chrome and Black Chrome Wheels | window tinting