Damn! High Oil Temp and alarms? Here is a fix for it (page 7 post #98). - Page 16
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Like Tree2Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Damn! High Oil Temp and alarms? Here is a fix for it (page 7 post #98). in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Try this: With the oil temp reading "high" turn on everything, A/C and lights. Watching the oil temp, turn off ...
    heavymetals is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 05 maggied CTS-V, 03 maggied Z06

Re: Damn! High Oil Temp and alarms? Here is a fix for it (page 7 post #98).

Try this:

With the oil temp reading "high" turn on everything, A/C and lights.

Watching the oil temp, turn off the A/C and lights.

Does the temp drop?

If it drops as soon as you turn the stuff off, it is a bad ground.

That could be a bad ground at the sensor end.

The temp sensor is part of the oil level switch on the pan.

Since you said everything worked till it got wet, the sensor connector may be funky as that is the only one under the car (for this circuit I believe).

Pillow is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 Escalade ESV & 2005 CTS-V

My oil temp gauge is starting to flake out as well. Tested with the dash dimmer switch last night. As the dash lights go from brighter to darker the oil temp fluctuates drastically. Simple test that works!

I will probably perform the Big 3 at the same time as some people seem to have done. Just 4 gauge wire, I'm not going full bore with 0 at this time.

FWIW ALL ALL my GM vehicles over the years suffered from cruddy grounds. They just need cleaned yearly and occasionally the main grounding wire replaced. I think with todays sensitive electronics they are more susceptible to ground resistance issues.

Great thread!

Pillow is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 Escalade ESV & 2005 CTS-V

Ok, update. I only cleaned the hood strut mount grounding location and the problem is solved.

Cleaned the contact surfaces thoroughly and then applied some di-electric grease and bolted the strap back down. 5-10 min job.

Big thank you to this thread's contributors!!!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.