Damn! High Oil Temp and alarms? Here is a fix for it (page 7 post #98). - Page 14
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Damn! High Oil Temp and alarms? Here is a fix for it (page 7 post #98). in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; I guess people don't read entire threads any longer. I posted a crap load of information and pics as I ...
    CancerJCC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04' Blown CTS-V 554rwhp 497rwtq

Re: Damn! High Oil Temp and alarms? Here is a fix for it (page 7 post #98).

I guess people don't read entire threads any longer. I posted a crap load of information and pics as I went down this road myself. After everything I did I haven't had an alarm in months...The "fixes" are in this thread it just requires some light reading.
    j_Son and j_Son like this.

OneFast V is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 Raven Black CTS-V

Just Curious if people have to continually "clean" up the chassis ground under the hood support? have followed all the directions with clean and adding a star washer and i still have to pull it it off and take a wire brush to it ever couple months.

Quote Originally Posted by OneFast V View Post
    Just Curious if people have to continually "clean" up the chassis ground under the hood support? have followed all the directions with clean and adding a star washer and i still have to pull it it off and take a wire brush to it ever couple months.
    After I added the ground straight off the sensor I haven't. Also I added the Racetronix hot wire kit and opted for the extra ground strap. That sure doesn't hurt and might be something easy to consider for those with alarm issues. (Its just a 12" 8 gauge wire off the battery to the strut tower bolt)

Quote Originally Posted by CancerJCC View Post
    After I added the ground straight off the sensor I haven't. Also I added the Racetronix hot wire kit and opted for the extra ground strap. That sure doesn't hurt and might be something easy to consider for those with alarm issues. (Its just a 12" 8 gauge wire off the battery to the strut tower bolt)
    I actually have added an extra ground wire directly off the oil temp sensor and it worked for awhile, but doesn't anymore. i might add an additional ground from the negative terminal like you are suggesting

darkman is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

I have done mine twice. The second time I broke out the drill powered wire brush and did away the the paint underneath the grounding washer.

I have noticed that grounds in general do accumulate oxidation on the grounding-washer flats over time. This could probably be held in check with an outside coating of something like grease or one of those spray coatings.

I actually have added an extra ground wire directly off the oil temp sensor and it worked for awhile, but doesn't anymore. i might add an additional ground from the negative terminal like you are suggesting
    Yeah I think pre-ground strap my alarm portion was in check. However the gauge wasn't completely accurate. Now the temps get up to around 210* and seem to hold more when windows/sunroof etc are being operated. Sure can't hurt for how easy it is!

STOUTE is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 04 ctsV

Quote Originally Posted by heavymetals View Post
    Here are two shots of a few of the ground connections on the back of the heads.

Oil pressure sensor is visible just above the purple paint dot.

One connection I redid as they are all pretty lame.
    is this from the top view or from the bottom view?

Onebadcts-v is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V

Hey Guys ,

I just wanted to say this is one Hell of a Great fourm !!!!!! I am New to the 04 Cadillac CTS-V and had the same issues . The Dealership had the car a total of 3 times befor I got on here and looked into it > Long story short , I printed off all the info and took it to them , and WOW > it fixed the issue !!!!!
    You guys are posting really good and helpful tips !!! I'll be here for a long time ...

Thanks again for all the help , and I will post a pic of my new Toy soon !! If anyone has ideas on whats the best exhaust and air filter system , Please let me know .
    odthetruth and odthetruth like this.

Hey guys ,
    Just a quick up date - well the 04' is doing it again !! and back to the dealership it goes !! 5th time since I have owned it (bought it in February) . WHERE DO I GO FROM HERE ??? any ideas ?? Thanks for any help you can offer .

Quote Originally Posted by Onebadcts-v View Post
    Hey guys ,
    Just a quick up date - well the 04' is doing it again !! and back to the dealership it goes !! 5th time since I have owned it (bought it in February) . WHERE DO I GO FROM HERE ??? any ideas ?? Thanks for any help you can offer .
    If you've done everything in this thread then I would say replace the sensor. More than likely though not everyone of the grounds were cleaned and the dealer only cheaped out making it seem fixed for a period.

Hey guys ,
    Do the ground strap from the battery to the chassis. That is the only solution that has worked for me. if that doesn't work, like CancerJCC said, time for a new sensor

Twitch is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V, '00 SLS, 98 SLS, 89 Eldo, '80 Eldo

Quote Originally Posted by CancerJCC View Post
    If you've done everything in this thread then I would say replace the sensor. More than likely though not everyone of the grounds were cleaned and the dealer only cheaped out making it seem fixed for a period.
    ^^^YES^^^
    Mine started going off like crazy at highway speeds last week. I cleaned the grounds at the rear of both heads and the one by the hood strut. Oil temp has never been steadier since I've owned the car.

None of the contact points looked bad, but I've found that they need to be cleaned once or twice a year.

PS you may need to remove the battery to get to the passenger side ground but it's worth the effort.

Thanks guys, If the dealership cant figure it out I am going to just do it all .. its been pretty frustrating chasing this issue .... but I would have never know what to tell the dealership if it wasn't for you guys .... Thanks again !!!!!

----------

Do the ground strap from the battery to the chassis. That is the only solution that has worked for me. if that doesn't work, like CancerJCC said, time for a new sensor
    I will do this !!!! The dealership replaced the sensor and has no clue how to fix the issue ... I will look it up on here to get specifics... thanks ..

I will do this !!!! The dealership replaced the sensor and has no clue how to fix the issue ... I will look it up on here to get specifics... thanks ..
    It is easy to make one but if you want to just buy it and carry with you to the dealer then here is the one I used: http://www.racetronix.biz/customkititems.asp?kc=BGK-001

verywhitedevil is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS V
    Quote Originally Posted by CancerJCC

It is easy to make one but if you want to just buy it and carry with you to the dealer then here is the one I used: http://www.racetronix.biz/customkititems.asp?kc=BGK-001
    I just purchased this with the Hotwire kit. So you have pics on your ground kit installed?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.