Oil Temp Reflash still not available?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Oil Temp Reflash still not available? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Spoke with my dealer just now and they are saying the reflash is still not available. Anybody actually been reflashed ...
    wildwhl is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Angry Oil Temp Reflash still not available?

Spoke with my dealer just now and they are saying the reflash is still not available. Anybody actually been reflashed yet?

Wildwhl

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

globed70 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Re: Oil Temp Reflash still not available?

I am a bit p*ssed as well.... GMPD mentioned to me in early March that a reflash would go to the production line first (as it recently has) and then be released to dealers. The warning chime is annoying, and I hear it on a regular basis.

lasstss is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

We can solve this. The CTS has a nice power steering cooler under the plastic. Does anyone know if any version of the LS-1 or LS-6 came with an auxillary cooler?? The B body 9C1 police package came with a bolt on cooler unit that you could get as a kit. We have plenty of room for it up front.

JJOC is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I spoke to my dealer yesterday and was told that the reflash has not arrived yet. According to an earlier Cadillac bulletin (#04-08-49-017), it was supposed to be at the dealers on May 27th. There's no explanation as to why it hasn't arrived yet. They said they would call me as soon as it came in, and I'll post as soon as I hear something.

Trilio is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Angry Re: Oil Temp Reflash still not available?

This non action by Cadillac has made me mad at myself for buying this car. I was so pleased when an American car company finally put a real product out so I didn't have to go foriegn. The fact that they have corrected the problem on new cars so they can sell them but don't give a s..t about us who are the real enthusiasts shows that the bean counters are still running the show. I can't drive my car the way they represented and because it may cost them a few bucks to fix it I guess I may have to loose the first season I own it so they aren't bothered.I am unhappy and frustrated as I don't have a recourse but to become one of those pains that appeals for a lemon law buy back which I really don't want to do. Is any one getting any satisfaction at all?

JJOC is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Except for a dud battery and the resulting foul sulfuric acid odor that I had for a couple of days, now that the battery has been replace I'm getting a lot of satisfaction from the car. It's only the US speed limits that are inhibiting even greater enjoyment, but for me that will last only a year. I'm not particularly concerned about the wheel hop problem, but I definitely want to get the oil temp sensor flashed as a precaution only.

globed70 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

LASSTSS,

An oil cooler is a great idea for the track, but hardly an ideal solution to the required software re-calibration. Yeah, it's a workaround... but the correct oil temp should be reported.

TRILIO,

I don't think this is a bean counter issue.... a software re-flash is not an incremental cost issue. They haven't corrected the issue on new cars to sell them, as wheel hop is FAR more of a concern for most enthusiasts than a FALSE high oil temp reading. Yes, the warning chime is annoying... but does it really detract from your enjoyment for a few months? It's not exactly as if the latest stuff coming out of Germany is 100% in it's first year...

Cal
    Cal is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

I think I am the only one that pounds on the car and has no oil gauge warning. I must have a Super V!

Only got it the very first time I got on her at the track. I have no temp mods at all and had the oil changed by the dealer so I know they didn't underfill the thing (seems pretty freakin hard to do that anyhow even for a lube place). Wonder what gives.

The New Jersey air must be filling her lungs so well she doesn't overheat. Har har.

DgtalPimp is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): CTS-V CAI, CAM, BB X-pipe, Baer Extreme Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Cal
    I think I am the only one that pounds on the car and has no oil gauge warning. I must have a Super V!

Only got it the very first time I got on her at the track. I have no temp mods at all and had the oil changed by the dealer so I know they didn't underfill the thing (seems pretty freakin hard to do that anyhow even for a lube place). Wonder what gives.

The New Jersey air must be filling her lungs so well she doesn't overheat. Har har.
    One could say the term "pound" is relative. If you are not working her to hard, we understand.

I am pretty sure the AZ temp and lively driving are the main reasons my alarm goes off. If I run her hard at night I don't ge the alarms, but during the day watch out. Whats the current teemps in NJ?

Dgtal

JKG
    JKG is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

When one of the magazines tested the car 6 months ago, they had a problem with wheel hop, rubbery shifter, and oil temp warning. That article indicated those were all problems of the prototype and would not be production issues. Obviously, absolutely nothing has been done by GM about any of the issues.

The shifter is what it is, and wheel hop is apparently just part of the design, but this oil temp problem is bad. I assume it is a calibration issue, and that my oil temp is not 40 degrees higher than water temp every day. Good thing we have synthetic oil. GM's lack of interest is frustrating, and I would not be surprised if the new cars have no fix.

I love the car, but am disappointed with acceleration below 3500 RPM. I have a friend with a Z06 that is MUCH faster than the V. The shifter really is lousy, and the exhaust is lame. I would never repeat this anywhere else, but I find the acceleration disappointing. (The handling and braking are awesome, though.) No one can match GM's claim of 0-60 in 4.6 seconds...

Cal

Temps are in the 80s with 900% humidity on hot days. Maybe low 90s, but nothing serious yet. When that happens I won't leave the house anyhow for fear of melting.

wildwhl is offline Cadillac Owners Master

I seem to manage to get the alarm regardless of weather conditions - from 30 degrees on up. I don't think it has anything to do with actual temperatures, only a calibration FUBAR, and even on hot days it "sometimes" does not occur at all, even with aggressive driving.

I agree, however, that for such a simple fix for GM to be ignoring this is lame. I think a call to Vince is in order (because that is the only avenue I can think of right now).

Wildwhl

Cal

I drive around with 4 bags of ice under the hood, maybe that helps!

But seriously, I agree this update is overdue. They were waiting (I was told) to see if there were other quirks so they didn't have to reflash multiple times, but they are 3 weeks over their ETA, so it's time to just give up and release it guys.

lasstss is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

I agree completely. I am going to work on it. Not a bad thing to have anyway. As far as the Flash. I dont understand why Caddy is sitting on it. We do calibrations. Reflashing or calibrations is very easy to do. Unless the factory has some really screwey interactive algorithms, its no big deal. I guess they are to cheap to do 4000 of them as its intended to be a street car.

Quote Originally Posted by globed70
    LASSTSS,

An oil cooler is a great idea for the track, but hardly an ideal solution to the required software re-calibration. Yeah, it's a workaround... but the correct oil temp should be reported.

TRILIO,

I don't think this is a bean counter issue.... a software re-flash is not an incremental cost issue. They haven't corrected the issue on new cars to sell them, as wheel hop is FAR more of a concern for most enthusiasts than a FALSE high oil temp reading. Yes, the warning chime is annoying... but does it really detract from your enjoyment for a few months? It's not exactly as if the latest stuff coming out of Germany is 100% in it's first year...

CTSV OWNER is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTSV

Cal I'm in NJ also and I have yet to hear that chime even once. Now I admit I don't continuously drive hard but I've been against the rev limiter, and I get a great amount of enjoyment from hearing the tires bark into 4th gear. Hmmmm I wonder if there is a way of setting the "memo" and romping on it in a tunnel so I can play it back time and time again.
    I think I'll set the wonderfull sounds of the wide open throttle as my voice mail on my cell.

Cal let me know next time your going to Pocono I'll see if the boss will let me have the day off so I can come watch.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.