GtechPro intitial results
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, GtechPro intitial results in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; (The unit is the Gtech Pro Competition) By no means take these as the best I can do with this ...
    wildwhl is offline Cadillac Owners Master

GtechPro intitial results

(The unit is the Gtech Pro Competition)

By no means take these as the best I can do with this unit. I've had it for a few months but not bothered to dig it out and play with it, having too much fun just driving I suppose. Oh yeah, the diapers and puzzles with the kids might be diggin into my "reading time" as well...

So, I pulled it out and quickly set it up, using a vehicle weight of 4050 lbs (seems like 3850 plus my ass and about 40 lbs of "stuff" in the trunk) since I could not remember off hand that of the V's (and haven't looked it up, thought I would post my initial results first).

Did 4 runs, basically in traffic, waiting for the right opportunity on "the way home", which by the way the direct route is 7 miles and I travelled a little over 50 tonight :-) I do not (yet) know how to download from this unit and won't have time for the next few days, so my word is going to have to do for now, sorry...

Initial results are:

Run 1 - botched 1-2 shift, poor launch, 6.466 0-60, 92 mph 1/4 (let off long before the run was finished), time silly long...15 something or other

Run 2 - good launch and shifting, 5.467 0-60, 113 mph - 13.36 1/4 mile

Run 3 - not as good at 2, 5.87 0-60, 105 mph - 13.897 1/4 mile

Run 4 - probably my best launch (can't explain the higher trap speed in run 2). Great launch and shift, 5.029 0-60, 109 mph - 13.677 1/4 mile

Run 5 - entirely botched, time to go home, but did "enjoy" the thunderous wheelhop, hope there is no damage :-)

Other considerations, about 78 degrees, 4,500 ft altitude, oh, and yeah, haven't slept for 36 hours...plus the Black V is dirty, probably worth at least a 10th if I washed her :-)

So, don't take these to heart, they weren't on a closed road, only a safe one, and in most cases I was "tentative", to say the least, about the time I shifted into third or passed 70 mph. I don't know that the 1/4 times and mph mean much, and am not certain about my setup. I'll read the manual tonight, then go to the scale across from my shop for a weight with my fat ass on board, and try again this weekend.

I can say this much-

3,800+ miles = I'm about 1/2 tread on the rear tires! And I am 100% in love with this car (will she marry me and be my THIRD wife? Doubt it, besides, should she piss me off I could always trade her...wait, that's a rant on another subject, hijacking my own thread again)...but really dislike the wheel hop.

Also, quickly scrolling through the screen I noticed hp and tq calculations but they didn't make sense to me (339 hp and 599.4 tq on run two)...so, guess I had better RTFM.

Thanks for the bandwidth. Any other Gtech results could go here for comparison. I'd say I gave it a 9 on a 10 scale with these runs...but there is certainly room for improvement.

Your thoughts?

Wildwhl

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

CTSV OWNER is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTSV

Re: GtechPro intitial results

Send me your Gtech and instructions and I'll let you know my results.

Quote Originally Posted by CTSV OWNER
    Send me your Gtech and instructions and I'll let you know my results.

Actually, I used to have a standard G-tech and it went bye-bye doing just following just such a request. However, this is a Cadillac crowd and I'm sure most can be trusted...we'll see once I'm done "playing".

CTSV OWNER is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTSV

How about a "rental" unit? We could work it like this. You figure out a decent amount for a used Gtech I'll send you a check for the used value. I'll also send you a check for say $25 to cover useing it and shipping. When you get the checks cash the $25 and hold the other check, when I return the Gtech to you, you send the uncashed check back.
    That way your covered for a reasonable amount, you can collect a little bit back from your purchase. And I don't have to buy something I probably would not use more than a couple times.

Cal
    Cal is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Where do you buy one of these suckers? Sounds interesting.

Well, I am blessed (I think) to have Summit Racing Equipment's regional warehouse and retail store here in Sparks. I'd be willing to set something up, and quite frankly, don't need to make any money on it. I think it would be VERY enlightening to use the same Gtech unit, with the same settings/calibrations, in various vehicles. Let me sleep on it and see if I can come up with a system. We ship FedEx and have pretty darn good rates - 2nd day on the Gtech should be less than $10. Maybe I'll do a $30 round trip or something...could be cool.

I'm not against it is what I am trying to say.

Also, check Ebay, can probably find one cheap there. Mine was an Xmas gift from my brother...and I'm sort of ashamed that I haven't played with it until now :-(

rabid is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

I posted this in the other thread.

I will whip out my G-Tech tomorrow (or today; whatever, Friday) and post my results.

I have used it in the past with my old Camaro.

Don't know how accurate it is, but if you run the same spot on the same road over and over it is pretty consistent.

Cal

Thank you for your order. It has been approved and accepted

Here is a copy of the information you have submitted. You will also receive a copy of this information via emailYour invoice number is GTECH01025.
    ---

:drinker

Quote Originally Posted by Cal
    Thank you for your order. It has been approved and accepted

Here is a copy of the information you have submitted. You will also receive a copy of this information via emailYour invoice number is GTECH01025.
    ---

:drinker
    Cal, where did you find it and for how much? Directly from Tesla Electronics website?

Just curious. It looks like a pretty fun little toy during my initial phase with it yesterday, and seems to be fairly consistent (I did several short, 1st gear runs with it first).

More results could be useful, if not at least entertaining

DgtalPimp is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): CTS-V CAI, CAM, BB X-pipe, Baer Extreme Plus

Cal - you get one? How much, where?

Wild - I also would be interested in putting up real numbers with the same equipment. If the unit is not $100's then I will most likely just buy it. If it is more then I am intersted in using the same unit and settings. For guys with different units you can post/download your settings so we can all use the same setup?

For the next couple weeks (till 7/1) I'll be in Chicago during the week, and Phoenix on the weekends, I can test runs on the weekend with day and night runs. During the week I am with out my baby.

Dgtal

I went to the web site to see what their prices were
    (020200) Gtech Pro Competition Performace meterThe G-TECH/Pro Performance Meter is a cutting edge tuning tool designed to make a professional test driver out of you. It measures all performance characteristics of your car in a matter of minutes with absolutely no installation or wiring. It will give you all the answers you always wanted before and after your modifications.
    Included items:
    • Performance Meter
    • Mounting System
    • Permanent Mount adapter with screws
    • DC cigarette lighter power cord (1 fuse included)
    • 120VAC - 12VDC wall adapter
    • User guide (manual).
    • CD-ROM (PC software, tutorial with videos)
    • Clear racing decals (2)
    • Serial computer communcations cable
    Price: $249.95Quantity:

(010100) G-tech Pro Performance MeterG-TECH/Pro is an electronic Performance Meter for automobiles. It's designed to make a professional test driver out of anybody. All you have to do is plug it in a cigarette lighter, mount it to the windshield and start accelerating. G-TECH/Pro does the rest automatically and displays the results. It's a great way to get performance and safety information about you car.
    Price: $139.95Quantity:

Then I went to ebay and found G-tech Pro Comp running about the same price as new. G-tech Pros are running about $50. I am emailing a few of the guys with a comp device to see if they want to part for less than new prices. Other wise I'll pick up a pro. Can any one with a pro verify there is a method to download results? On the comp it mentions a serial port (so you can download) on the pro it does not mention this. I also looked at the spare parts you can order from G-tech and you can order a cable for downloading on the comp, but not on the pro.

Dgtal

Cal

I paid the $249 from the website Dgtl found. gtechpro.com

Those clear racing decals give you 5-10hp.

I knew they would. Damn if I buy two units can I add on 20 Horse then? Decal on each corner? Maybe better corner grip as well according to placment.

Cal

CADILLAC across the front windshield has been tested out at another 15hp.

I drove the one that has vortec across the front windshield and it added 150 hp.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.