CTSv Canada site..
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, CTSv Canada site.. in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; CTSV site for Canada is pretty cool . Sorry if mentioned before. If not here is the site: http://www.gmcanada.com/english/vehi..._overview.html click ...
    Z06CTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Cool CTSv Canada site..

CTSV site for Canada is pretty cool . Sorry if mentioned before. If not here is the site: http://www.gmcanada.com/english/vehi..._overview.html
    click on CTSV experience.

Joe
    New Orleans

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

ctsvett is offline FAQ is your Friend
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Re: CTSv Canada site..

FALSE ADVERTISING!!! the website says that the V has voice activation!!! thats BS unless.. do they offer this in canada?

Cool site by the way.

Reed
    http://www.cadillacfaq.

trekster is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V R.I.P.

Quote Originally Posted by mrbadss
    FALSE ADVERTISING!!! the website says that the V has voice activation!!! thats BS unless.. do they offer this in canada?

Cool site by the way.

Reed
    http://www.cadillacfaq.
    Maybe they meant by onstar?

airbalancer is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

But did you see the list price $70,000.00 CDN

trekster is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V R.I.P.

Quote Originally Posted by airbalancer
    But did you see the list price $70,000.00 CDN
    But isn't canadian money cheaper than us money? Isn't it basically the same price?

CVP33 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V sedan, '13ZL1 vert, '12 V coupe

Canadian dollars are 65% to 70% of our dollars so the V is actually cheaper in Canada. There are actually companies that specialize in importing Canadian cars into the US. Foreign cars, such as Nissans and Hondas are especially appealing as they REALLY low ball the Canadian market. There were posts on other websites showing MSRP's for Maximas that were $33,000 U.S., but only $25,000 Canadian. You used to see more of this on Ebay but has since been curtailed. I know that the auto dealer lobby was trying everything to get this stopped.

The funny part is that they can't argue that these "Canadian" cars are inferior in any way. In fact they are held to a higher crash standard than our U.S. cars. For example the GTO is not sold in Canada because it does not meet the safety criteria due to the placement of its fuel tank.

jeffgtx is offline Cadillac Owners Member

it also has free schedulaed maintenance up there, which, as i have 1800 times before, this car should have.

Rickerbucks is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Currently the CDN $ is about 73.5 cents to the US or about $1.00 $USD to $1.36 CDN.

Thus a $50,000 $USD car = $67,500 $CDN. To that you have to add shipping but still, it would cost about $69k CDN. Locally the full load CTS v is offerred at $72,000 so it WOULD be attractive to buy down there, BUT there is a problem.

As you may know, 2004 Z06's are going for a song down there. I was looking at buying a new Z06 for about $44k USD and bringing it home but the dealer said that they are not allowed to sell a car that they suspect is going to exported unless it has 7500 miles on it or one year old. So no chance of buying a new CTS v or Z06 and bringing to Canada.

Of course the very depressed prices of the new Z06's have put pressure on the used market and I'm shopping for a '02 Z06.

Of course the wife is not impressed that I would buy a Z06 "winter car" with a 700 HP '97 WS6 vert in the garage as my toy car. Thus she is currently exercising her right of veto.

If I cannot get her to open up to the vette, I think a 300C will be the next choice. I have found that financing a CTS V from GM is not viable. - see other thread.

airbalancer is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

We can have a separte thread on US and Cdn $.
    But I get paid in $CDN.
    We do the same work as US works.
    Also in Ontario we have to pay 15% in sales taxes
    It is just a pain to pay a higher price

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.