It is a rainy/wheel hoppy morning...
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, It is a rainy/wheel hoppy morning... in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Jeez, I hope this isn't any clue what I'm in for this weekend during AutoX. Roads were slick and rainy ...
    wildwhl is offline Cadillac Owners Master

It is a rainy/wheel hoppy morning...

Jeez, I hope this isn't any clue what I'm in for this weekend during AutoX. Roads were slick and rainy on the way to work this a.m., and I of course took my favorite, tail sliding route on the way in. However, nearly every time I kicked the rearend out for a controlled slide through the corner I ended up with ugly axle tramp...

I know, many of you think that wheel hop isn't an issue, but trust me, this isn't drag racing I'm talking about, just "competitive driving" where one might wish to control the cars attitude through the apex for a better entry/exit speed.

Oh well, it will be fun no less. I'm sure the wheel hop will be figured out eventually. IMHO, it is the only thing that keeps the V from being perfect. I could live with it during hard launches, however, during agressive cornering, well - just doesn't cut it in my book.

More Performance CAIK should be here prior to the weekend...but I think I run the V bone stock this time and take some vids just for a "baseline", if you will. We will have two drivers in the car this weekend, myself and my female friend who will be letting me flog her VW R32 alternately. Can't wait. It has been a long time since I autoxed, and from what I understand they're setting up a pretty long/high speed track at the airport this weekend.

OK, enough of a rant. Just curious if the wheel hop shows up for others during cornering like I've described above (20-30mph, 2nd gear, 3/4-full throttle).

Bill

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

benjet is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: It is a rainy/wheel hoppy morning...

Yes. I can get it to occur in 3rd as well, still trying to see if I can trigger it in 4th (I haven't found "the right road" for that yet).

Cal
    Cal is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

FG2 may help wild. I only chirp in 3rd now, no axle hop at all. Still get it a little on a 3k launch and higher, but I can also lay a nice smoky patch if I want, instead. To the point of getting the car going sideways even.

Vedder is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

So, you think this is due to FG2? Did you try this aggresive sliding in rain as well?

wildwhl is offline Cadillac Owners Master

FG2 might be the solution. I'll try stock this weekend and see what happens. A couple weeks ago, Jaya sent me a pic of the shocks they developed, quote about $1200 (and I think that is just for the two rear shocks). Says they stopped the wheel hop a great deal, but don't know much more than that.

DgtalPimp is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): CTS-V bl/bl CAGS!, BB X-pipe, Baer Extreme Plus Brakes

I am working with Jay on the wheel hop solution. I will post as soon as I have them, as well as any numbers I can provide. I asked in a different post for the board to suggest any methods of showing proof other than my word. Does anyone have any ideas? post linkā http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ad.php?t=14372

Dgtal

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.