CTS-V Plus = September 04 and $80,000.00
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, CTS-V Plus = September 04 and $80,000.00 in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; My wife spoke to her Cadillac rep yesterday and grilled him about the CTS-V Plus and there availability. His exact ...
    ssmith100 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

CTS-V Plus = September 04 and $80,000.00

My wife spoke to her Cadillac rep yesterday and grilled him about the CTS-V Plus and there availability. His exact quote to her was "The Plus is being made, they will be making 450 of them, cost will be around $80,000.00, only select dealers will be able to sell, they should be available around or after September 04." As everyone knows this could all be speculation by the rep but my wife seemed to think that he was sincere in there conversation. He "did not" know the exact horsepower of what the car was going to be but he speculated around 550hp. Just thought I would share with everyone.

Shane

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Cal
    Cal is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Re: CTS-V Plus = September 04 and $80,000.00

Hmph. 30k extra for 150 horse? Hope it has some heavy duty add-ons otherwise I could dump 15k into my stock V and make it far more than 550 at the crank.

Funny you said that Cal, that's exactly what I told my wife last night. She had asked me earlier if i wanted one. I really think the Plus is going to be supercharged. That is the only thing besides some carbon fiber or aluminum pieces that could make the car cost that much. I guess the LS7 is an option, but I don't think GM would put that motor in the V before the new Zo6 came out. Oh well, just have to wait and see.

Shane

T_Dogg8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade EXT 2003 CTS

i like cadillacs and i like the v, but if i was going to drop 80 grand, i'd go for a little more car than that.

DgtalPimp is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): CTS-V CAI, CAM, BB X-pipe, Baer Extreme Plus

My gut and maybe ďa little birdĒ tell me the V-plus will be super charged, I think there will be MUCH more than just a Huffer sitting on a LS6. For example if you put a super charger on the LS6 now you tend to smoke piston 7 because of the uneven delivery of mixture to that cylinder. I think the plus will contain more than Engine up dates since the major competitor in that price range will be the AMG, and M cars. If Caddy doesnít upgrade the interior to have MUCH better function and amities these car will not sell. 80K is 80K. I would drive the new M5 with 500 horse and the V10 vs. a V plus with 550, if the rest of the car was the same as the V. For a few dollars I sure I could get the M to find a few horses here and there.

Cal
    Cal is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Putting 50hp on a V-10 M5 would be ludicrous money, plus it's a brand new engine so I wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole, and noone other than Dinan (who I've heard sketchy things about) will be doing much with it.

The V is a better car hands down. If they drop a few hundreds pounds in carbon fiber and put a blower on it with upgraded suspension & wheels, the 80k price tag may be justified. 550hp at the crank will be in the supercar range for less than half what a Lambo will run you. If the car isn't in the 11s at that point it means Caddy made a grevious error somewhere.

Cal -- the reason I bought my V was not a horse only decision. I want a car I can do business in as well as have fun in. In my opinion the V is not even where it should be as far as interior refinements. The car to me is built by separate groups of builders that bolted the pieces together. The BMWís (even on the low end) flow very well. The BMW can communicate via the separate systems and it appears seem less. I think the V is in the first year and I didnít expect a fifth year car out of that, but I did expect more than I currently have. I think the fact that the CTS offers programmable steering buttons and the V doesnít is a joke. I donít want to watch the different eng gauges while driving but I do want to change stereo stations, CDís, DVDís, climate, etc. I think the interior is close but the lacking part is the integration of the various components will make the V stand out in a very rough class of cars as the true leader in the power luxury class.

Dgtal

Cal - you also made a very good point. 50 horse on the M5 would be more $$ than I mentioned in my previous post.

GNSCOTT is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

There has to be alot more than just a supercharger on it. You can't just throw a supercharger on an LS6 and actually have a warranty on it. I'm sure the rear at a minimum would need a beefing. I'm sure the suspension would be alot stiffer since it is basically an out of the box race car, and thusly no more wheel hop, i'm sure they are finding ways to strip weight, problably carbon fiber. the rumors I am hearing are $65k whick is more in line for beefing up a V, but if under 500 units will be built, I'm sure GM won't have problems finding that many buyers at 80 grand. Most will go right into private collections ala 1987 buick GNX (547 built). I'm just suprised that it should be ready in September.

miscreant is offline GM Connection

Quote Originally Posted by ssmith100
    "The Plus is being made, they will be making 450 of them, cost will be around $80,000.00, only select dealers will be able to sell, they should be available around or after September 04."
    The $80,000 figure is way off (too high), and the "after" in the "after September 04" is right on...WAY after September 04. Most likely one of the people at that dealership couldn't keep his mouth shut about *some* info that was told to people at the V driving school, and after being told to one person, then another, then another, the *truth* was twisted by the time it got to the above salesperson. From everything that I have gathered, including intense talk at the driving school, the Plus is still merely a concept that would be released AFTER the STS-V and XLR-V, kind of the next step in the "V" linage...
    2004 Cadillac CTS (**SOLD** ): http://www.ctsowners.com
    2004 Pontiac GTO: http://www.myyellowgto.com

Miscreant,

Well, considering the info "did not" come from a salesperson but rather the Cadillac area manager, there is a "possibility" that some of it could be true. I knew I shouldn't have posted anything about this and from now on will just keep certain things to myself that my wife, who is the Cadillac sales manager and not a sales person elects to share with me. I actually asked her when she got back from CTS-V training and the driving school if anything was mentioned about the "Plus" at that time and she said "no". There were issues about the wheel hop problem talked about but not any other future CTS vehicles.

Shane

miscreant is offline GM Connection

Quote Originally Posted by ssmith100
    Miscreant,

Well, considering the info "did not" come from a salesperson but rather the Cadillac area manager, there is a "possibility" that some of it could be true. I knew I shouldn't have posted anything about this and from now on will just keep certain things to myself that my wife, who is the Cadillac sales manager and not a sales person elects to share with me. I actually asked her when she got back from CTS-V training and the driving school if anything was mentioned about the "Plus" at that time and she said "no". There were issues about the wheel hop problem talked about but not any other future CTS vehicles.

Shane
    I wouldn't refrain from posting anything at all, that's what makes these boards such a good source. Perhaps I drew to quick of assumptions, and I appologize, but then I digress that I wonder why an Area Sales Mngr would say that, certainly not questioning their integrity or anything, but that's not anything near what we've been told. Seeing the source of your info, I won't question it *as much*...

But there are certain things, irregardless of what I've been told, that don't make sense. I'm NOT an expert by any means on the subject, but:

1) an $80,000 CTS (V, V plus, whatever) is ludicrous. The CTS is still considered the *entry level* cadillac, and the V certainly takes the regular CTS into territory you never thought the CTS would go, but...an $80k CTS, just can't even fathom the idea.

2) "around" September 2004 release??? First, that's not the time GM ever releases something of this magnitude. 99% of all GM new, low production vehicle launches occur in Jan-Feb (point in fact, '03 CTS, '04 GTO, ESV, EXT, ESV Platinum, XLR...oh, and the CTS-V too). Also, we would have heard alot more about it - it's June already. That would mean orders would go in beginning of August. 7 weeks away from ordering a new car and NOTHING has even been discussed at any level as far as our concern when it came to actual production...

I'm a debater by nature, and I appologize if I went off the deep end, but my #1 and #2 above were also in the back of my mind so I just got overly ambitious with my post...
    2004 Cadillac CTS (**SOLD** ): http://www.ctsowners.com
    2004 Pontiac GTO: http://www.myyellowgto.com

The release date did seem a little premature since we are only a few months away, that's just what she was told.

The $80,000.00. If Cady goes to a limited production (450-500 cars), some type of intercooled supercharged, carbon fiber based fenders and hood, suspension upgrades and possible interior upgrades, then we're not out of that realm of possibility. I seem to remember a pretty hefty price tag on the Buick GNX's when they came out.

Me personally, I couldn't imagine spending that kind of money on a CTS-V whether limited production or not. I really like my car, but after 4,500 miles and the little problems I'm having now: rear end whine, valve train clatter, wheel hop, and now my A/C clutch engaging and disengaging every two seconds, I might should have thought about spending $48,000.00 on this one.
    :rolleyes2

Sorry if I came off sounding like an a$$ about your comment. I just get a little defensive when my wife is concerned.

In unrelated news, it seems I have the only Platinum V with silver horns. See "My SR7 install thread". New Platinum V came in today and the horns along with the bracket are "Black". Looks like it's time to break out the Krylon can.

Shane

cadillacchris is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I heard something but I'm not telling. .. .

By the way for 7,500 installed you can put a supercharger on your CTS-V and bump it to 550hp so I'm hoping that this 80,000 dollar caddy come in the much awaited SolidGold paint job, one that would make anyone from Holland(ie.goldmember) run out and buy it. I heard caddy was looking in to a 100,000 dollar car I just didn't realize it would be the 2006 sts-vv super V with 950hp

P.s The brooklyn bridge is for sale and Aspen Edge :drinker tastes great. . ..

VCONVERT is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

I agree with most that $80K for a V Plus is overpriced unless it is a very much more refined package all the way around. I have given some thought to holding off on an 05 V and waiting for the V Plus and would consider doing so if the price was in the $60's. However, if the V Plus is only limited to 500 units there probably wouldn't be much point in waiting, given that I don't have any connections with GM and haven't owned a GM car in 12 years. I will continue to wait for my 2005 Light Platinum/Light Gray regular V. After all, 400 hp isn't a bad starting point.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.