CTS-V Plus = September 04 and $80,000.00 - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, CTS-V Plus = September 04 and $80,000.00 in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by ssmith100 My wife spoke to her Cadillac rep yesterday and grilled him about the CTS-V Plus and ...
    BeelzeBob is offline I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!

Re: CTS-V Plus = September 04 and $80,000.00

Quote Originally Posted by ssmith100
    My wife spoke to her Cadillac rep yesterday and grilled him about the CTS-V Plus and there availability. His exact quote to her was "The Plus is being made, they will be making 450 of them, cost will be around $80,000.00, only select dealers will be able to sell, they should be available around or after September 04." As everyone knows this could all be speculation by the rep but my wife seemed to think that he was sincere in there conversation. He "did not" know the exact horsepower of what the car was going to be but he speculated around 550hp. Just thought I would share with everyone.

Shane
    LOL LOL Don't hold your breath.... LOL LOL

Late BrakeU2 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 05CTS V

If you want to see speculation go to the Z06VETTE.COM forum C6 thread.Talk about rabid passion! There are hundreds of potential buyers that are praying for 500 HP#s,but will probably come in around 480.Mallett and Lingenfelter are already making 600 hp V'S, but getting 100+ extra HP out of a factory smallblock and expecting it to survive through warranty periods can't be an easy task.

They can't make the 06Z(or Vplus)compete with the Blue Devil's #s (rumoured 550-600,which is also a low production unit priced near six figures),just like when they choked down the LS1 Camaros as not to diss the vettes #s..then again I never thought I'd see a kill section on a caddy forum.. but I like it

Props to the guy who said 400 is enough,you "get" it!

JMHO

MotorMouth is offline Cadillac Owners Member

You show me a factory CTS-Super V with 650 HP and a factory warrenty then I would gladly pay $80,000. Where do I send the check.

Hell, I paid that much for a 314 HP 6 cylinder.

rabid is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by ssmith100
    ...In unrelated news, it seems I have the only Platinum V with silver horns. See "My SR7 install thread". New Platinum V came in today and the horns along with the bracket are "Black". Looks like it's time to break out the Krylon can.

Shane
    Keep the silver horn.

You can sell the car later as a rarity. Like a baseball card printed in reverse or with a different player's name.

T_Dogg8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade EXT 2003 CTS

i've never wanted to pay for a 'limited production car' or a from the factory 'collector's car' that's just an easy way to bump up the price.

for 80 grand i'd like to see another hundred hp and an improved interior. maek me feel like i'm in a luxury race car. without the hundred hp i'd put the price in the high 60s to mid 70s.

but that's just my opinion

oh, and what ever happen to the concept car that started all this, the 16?? didn't they say it's 700 hp engine would go into production in some form??

ssmith100 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Rabid,

That's kinda what I was thinking too. Of course with some of the problems I'm having with the car now I'm starting to think they took all of the leftover parts and built my car with them Wish I knew if there was anyone else ou there who's horns were silver. Anybody??????

Shane

jeffgtx is offline Cadillac Owners Member

miscreant.... there is new info out about the XLR-v? could you post it over there?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.