Anyone elses XM radio "missing" today??!!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Anyone elses XM radio "missing" today??!! in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Today while out for a cruise, I noticed the XM getting bad reception. The next time out for a drive, ...
    oceanhut is offline BAD EMAIL ADDRESS

Anyone elses XM radio "missing" today??!!

Today while out for a cruise, I noticed the XM getting bad reception. The next time out for a drive, the XM option was totally missing!!! It went from FM1 to FM2 and then right to AM! What is going on here? Is XM down for technical reasons, or is something wrong with my system? BTW, I have been paying the bills, so thats not an option....weird.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

drdsgolf is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: Anyone elses XM radio "missing" today??!!

I'm guessing it's a technical glitch at their end, but mine is working fine today. Two days ago, all the presets went to numbers only for the day instead of identifying names. Yesterday they were back to normal.

ds

Cal
    Cal is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Works fine here. Was out driving around with no issues.

benjet is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Not to thread hijack (I was even going to start another thread on this), I gather then that most of you are renewing your XM subscrip? I chose not to (at least for now). The quality and signal was just sub par for most of the time I was listening (in my area), the final straw came when the XM traffic missed the huge backup I was in - switched to local news and heard about it right away - decided it was not worth speding $ on.

-Ben

CVP33 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V sedan, '13ZL1 vert, '12 V coupe

I did not renew. I loved the CNN and MSNBC but hated the music channels. They play the same 12 songs over and over again.

rabid is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

I still have my free 3 month subscription but will not renew. Liked ESPN and maybe a couple stations. But not worth $10/month. IMO

ctsvett is offline FAQ is your Friend

I agree with what everyone said.. I loke CNN and some of the music channel (the ones that have variety), but local radio works for me along with some CDs.

The quality is VERY BAD as well..I happened to have a CD in the player playing the same song as was on XM when I switched over, and during that song I switched back and forth to test the quality. The CD (which was a mp3 cd burned to audio for you audiofiles out there-it ahd been compressed and ucompressed) was WAY WAY better than XM.. XM cuts out the highs and lows and is VERY noticable if you are listening for it. This is just part of the compression algorhythm they use to fit all of those channels on a narrow bandwidth signal from a satellite. Initially I thought it was because I did not have the right DSP or EQ, but I checked both settings and it still sucked...

Not worth the 9.95 a month (on top of Onstar which I may be paying for after the first year). It's kinda sad how every company is trying to get us for a subscription. Onstar- 16.95, xm- 9.95.. you could be paying close to $30 bucks a month NOT INCLUDING gas, insurance, tires, oil change, etc.

My opinion and I am sticking to it...

Reed
    http://www.cadillacfaq.com

globed70 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Really strange part is that the XM in my wife's 04 Escalade has considerably better reception and sound quality than my 04 V. By sound quality, I mean comparing between CD and XM on each car. Her reception never cuts out, while in the same area the V is affected. Strange, no?

Innocent Bystander is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

If XM doesn't show up as an option after going through the "bands," most likely the XM receiver is bad or is losing power. It's a separate module from the radio. Dealer should check it out and replace/repair as necessary.

IB

DMC-12 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 Cadillac CTS Sport/LUX Package

Quote Originally Posted by benjet
    the final straw came when the XM traffic missed the huge backup I was in - switched to local news and heard about it right away - decided it was not worth speding $ on.

-Ben
    Hi Ben,

I would seriously call or write a letter to XM and let them know about this incident. Traffic Pulse should be on top of that sort of thing... I think they do update the loop every 5-10min on every traffic/weather channel for every city. Though I am not 100% certain.

*side note* Couple of the people on the Chicago Channel mispronounce things (roads/cross streets) all the damned time... Like Devon Avenue is a big one... they pronounce it "Devin" or "Devan" LOL OY!!! Friggin say it right! *screams* LOL

drdsgolf is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Wow, I am surprised by the reception problems. My reception seems solid, sound is excellent. I renewed. My teenage kids love it, but listen to different things than I do.

ds

CVP33 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V sedan, '13ZL1 vert, '12 V coupe

I bought my parents the Sirius program with lifetime subscription, car unit and home unit for $500 total. No other fees. Nice deal IMO.

rabid is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

The quality on most of my channels are pretty good. It's just that some channels are quieter and you have to turn it up.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.