2006 Cts-v
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, 2006 Cts-v in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Is anyone confident or sure that the 2006 CTS-V will get the new Z06 engine? Is it merely speculation or ...
    Canesfins is offline Cadillac Owners Member

2006 Cts-v

Is anyone confident or sure that the 2006 CTS-V will get the new Z06 engine? Is it merely speculation or has there been confirmation or at least confident speculation?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

EgyptianQueen is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: 2006 Cts-v

This is speculation because there was an announcement concerning what is known as a CTS Super V with the Z06 engine producing 600 horsepower. CTS-V will still have the same engine but the Super V will be in even more limited production: 500 vehicles direct from GM

CoupeDevilleRob is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1983 Coupe deVille

I bet the Super V is gonna be the basis for some kind of extreme race car and the 500 unit production run is just to meet some homologation requirement. If my hypothesis is true I hope Caddy starts to dominate racing.

benjet is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by CoupeDevilleRob
    I bet the Super V is gonna be the basis for some kind of extreme race car and the 500 unit production run is just to meet some homologation requirement. If my hypothesis is true I hope Caddy starts to dominate racing.
    Good call - I like that idea, would need IMSA to allow 4 door cars to run in GT ALMS

The issues I see is that the 2005 CTS-V will be the only GM car with the LS6 engine. Will GM still manufacture the LS6 engine for model years 2006 and beyond just for the CTS-V or will they make a change to the LS-2 engine or the new Z06 engine? I just acnnot see GM continuing the LS6 just fhr the CTS-V. And if this is the case, then the CTS-Vs with the LS6 will be outdated by the 2006 model year.

jaya is offline Cadillac Owners Member

The 2006 will get the LS2 Corvette C6 motor.

So the LS2 will be the new GM standard power engine. The Corvette, GTO and CTS-V will all get the engine. I am now hesitant in buying a 2005 CTS-V.

Late BrakeU2 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 05CTS V

Quote Originally Posted by Canesfins
    So the LS2 will be the new GM standard power engine. The Corvette, GTO and CTS-V will all get the engine. I am now hesitant in buying a 2005 CTS-V.
    I'm buying an 05 V for the exact opposite reason,it's the last year for the LS6.Knowing a tad about GM first year aluminum sb's I think i'll let others de bug the LS2 for me.

There is no gain in HP with the LS2,and the LS6 has had quite alot of development time on it.The 04-5 LS6's are the best ones yet,(have the new pistons and HD timing gear),and there are quite a few aftermarket companies making upgrades if you choose that route.I'm selling my 04 Z06 and 01 740 sport and getting a V because it combines my need for performance,doors,and moderate luxury in a single car..not to mention the sleeper dividends

rabid is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Late BrakeU2
    ...There is no gain in HP with the LS2,and the LS6 has had quite alot of development time on it.The 04-5 LS6's are the best ones yet,(have the new pistons and HD timing gear),and there are quite a few aftermarket companies making upgrades if you choose that route....
    No gain in HP, but you have to look at the curves for each on the dyno graph. The LS2 has so much more area under the curve, which gives it more HP at all RPMs.
    (From www.andyseipos.com)

http://www.AndySeipos.com/albums/album50/P4237723.jpg

urbanski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

well to me that's another reason to get the V now....
    i don't want the "exclusivity" of my motor watered down by it being in the GTO as well....as of right now, only the Z06 shares it.
    Call me "snooty" but I don't want a Pontiac sharing bragging rights.

Clintonwmills is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Why does everyone think that the LS6 will be gone just because the Z06 will get the LS7? Correct me if I am wrong, but the only car that got the LS6 before the CTS-V was the Z06 and they probably didn't make as many Z06 as CTS-V?? So what's the big deal with the CTS-V being the only GM car to have the LS6? I don’t really know, I am just saying just because the Z06 is getting a new motor doesn’t necessarily mean the CTS-V can’t be the only GM car that holds the LS6.

Well it is a cost benefit thing, and GM likely will not manufacture one engine just for the CTS-V. The LS2 engine will have one year under its belt and will likely be a better engine than the LS6.

StealthV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 Z06 / 2013 F150 EcoBeast / 2008 Twin-Turbo Bimmer

I already have a cast-iron block version of the 6.0 LS2 motor in my Silverado SS where it is called a LQ9 H.O. The LS2 won't be a big leap of faith like the LS7 and its 3-valve heads.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.