Cadillac Owners Forum banner

TRI State Poker Run NY,CT,NJ

753 views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  Trouble81 
#1 · (Edited)
#2 ·
You thinking about joining in on one, or starting one?

#3 ·
I was on that Poker Run last summer in my C6 Z06. That was with the Northeast Wolfpack and it was actually one of our tamer runs. I've also taken the V a couple times on runs.

Funny story: We all met up at the Delaware Water Gap to begin. Alex, the club president, told everyone that we were going on Rtes. 80, 384, and 84. He said to be careful on Rtes. 80 and 84 because of the cops, but 384 was wide open. 384 was the road most of this video was shot on. But Alex got pulled over, clocked at 149. He told the cop it was a charity run (which it was) and got the ticket knocked down to 90 and was allowed to continue--rather than go to jail and have his car confiscated.

We also have a Toys for Tots run each year on the Atlantic City Expressway where the State Police close down the road for us and man the exits. I've hit 170 during this run, but there are documented speeds of 185 and more.

Finally, you probably need at least 25-30 cars for a good poker run. Don't know that we'd get that many Vs together. But it would be fun.

#4 ·
I was on that Poker Run last summer in my C6 Z06. That was with the Northeast Wolfpack and it was actually one of our tamer runs. I've also taken the V a couple times on runs.

Funny story: We all met up at the Delaware Water Gap to begin. Alex, the club president, told everyone that we were going on Rtes. 80, 384, and 84. He said to be careful on Rtes. 80 and 84 because of the cops, but 384 was wide open. 384 was the road most of this video was shot on. But Alex got pulled over, clocked at 149. He told the cop it was a charity run (which it was) and got the ticket knocked down to 90 and was allowed to continue--rather than go to jail and have his car confiscated.

We also have a Toys for Tots run each year on the Atlantic City Expressway where the State Police close down the road for us and man the exits. I've hit 170 during this run, but there are documented speeds of 185 and more.

Finally, you probably need at least 25-30 cars for a good poker run. Don't know that we'd get that many Vs together. But it would be fun.
I think you told us that story at Summit.
Maybe we can jump in on someones poker run. We'll never get that many Vs.

Cool thing about his videos, is that I know some of the roads. :D

#8 ·
tony,sorry for the old thread :bump:

anyways, anyone ever heard about another one of these happening.. i would definitely like to do a cruise like this one day in the :v:

i Pm'd sefa, but don't know if he's still active

#10 ·
since this got brought back up what sort of prizes do they give at these things. cant be much because it is for charity but thinking of trying to put one together i have someone that may be interested in sponsoring.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.